In all seriousness, what went wrong...

In all seriousness, what went wrong? This is shaping up to be Platinum's biggest flop and they've had some massive flops in the past.

Attached: babylons-fall-button-fin-1640849357601.jpg (1024x1024, 216.68K)

ive been playing it and i know for a fact people who been rating it haven't. they say the levels are the same, which is false nearly every boss battle is like a ff14 dungeon raid that gets tougher the higher you go. the real problem with the game is i couldn't craft items until the the 4th biome. this game should have been 20$ max it;s a slog to get to the story and end game when the player base is abysmal, (becuase the real game literally starts when you beat the game mechanics wise)

Attached: 294290.jpg (225x350, 26.45K)

I doubt the game deserves over a 4/10. Mind you I only played the demo and finishing that thing was one of the worst experiences I've had in a while. It feels like every decision for this game was made to turn people away.

platinum made a game. thats it. their games are bad. people are just fooled because they like the source material (tmnt, korra, transformers, metal gear) or like the art or setting, like okami or viewitful joe.

but deep down, at their core, The games are fuckIng dogshit and babylons fall is mp different. it just didnt have a unique aesthetic or ip to fall back on to cover up and hide the dogshit gameplay.

>their games are bad.
Are they, though?

Attached: Wonderful 101 juggle.webm (960x540, 2.86M)

>their games are bad

Attached: 1625067975377.jpg (474x511, 32.54K)

yes, they are bad, full stop.

>Posts horrible UI vomit
Sure Platinum can make smooth satisfying combat (sometimes), but if every other aspect of the game sucks then why bother?

>They're shi-

Attached: Wonderful 101 Combo.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

I hate are you simplistic retards that think a company can either be good or bad. Platinum games were good, some great even, but over time they've gotten much worse. Them putting out bad games now does not invalidate their previous games once being great nor does it means the flaws in their past games are to be exaggerated and negate their overall quality.

>real game literally starts when you beat the game mechanics wise
so what changes mechanically when you beat the game?

stance changes that effects weapons', crafting, blue prints that's racial specific. most folsk right now are grinding till the end of march to see who the nier update will go. but there is massive end game at the moment, just not enough players

>stance changes that effects weapons
explain further
>crafting, blue prints that's racial specific
that's just grind

Square Enix

There's nothing wrong with grind.

released too close to Elden Ring

If you're enjoying yourself, sure, but the grind doesn't really change how the game is played, it's just an opportunity to keep playing.

Platinum seems to not play well with others. Their good stuff has been the product of a hands off approach. Their big collaborations and IP cash ins have only ranged from bad to horrendous.

another only online game just like outriders and godfall, both games should have been offline with an online component but they went full retard

you get the use of technical mode where you finally now actually have combo strings to use akin to nier automata level and theres a timing mechanic when your attack flashes to press your floating weapons to optimize and thats for base combat without accounting for gear.

Oh, wow. That's actually a pretty big change. Does it take a long time to get to unlock technical mode?

live service
designed for 4 players
changed too much from the first trailers (can't steal the bosses sword ala Bayo tortue QTE)

>Vanquish is bad
>God Hand is bad
>

>Shit developers make shit game
>WHat WeNt WrONg?!??
Absolutely nothing, if it wasn't game as a service cringe it would be a QTE simulator and regardless of you faggots would eating it up it would still be trash.
No such thing as a good Platinum game, only skeletons of potentially good games with the very bare minimum and all style no substance

Attached: MGRS.jpg (1920x1416, 463.98K)