Elden Ring

Civilized Elden Ring thread.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1080x1350, 303.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/72_yLXmIJN4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RANNI!
RANNI A CUTE!
CUTE!!!

nah, shit is boring

Attached: 73754645636.jpg (798x876, 196.28K)

phase 2 Malenia legit made me pause the game because of how sexy she looks with all those rot scars. the fight itself is a mess but her design is sexy as fuck

I don't think there's any way to dodge the Malenia windup thing where she does a hundred attacks in a row without being far away from her, right? At this point this fucking fight is just RNG

Attached: 229571016_4204057609685572_8911250161120033437_n.jpg (434x445, 16.38K)

There's no civilization because everything went to shit after a god had a woman moment.

git gud

Tell me about one non reskinned ennemy after leyndell aside from the wolf rider Any Forums

Attached: 1489998697350.png (517x396, 273.25K)

you can see the jump up, run away and roll the last attack consistently I found. Avoiding the whole thing with regular rolling seems unpossible though, might need a quickstep variant to avoid the whole thing.

Took me 29 hours to beat the game, really wish they would get out of the 1998 combat/game design.

I doubt... you could even imagine it.
>See a bunch of Skeletons guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Poisonbloom in that corpse.
That which commanded the stars.
>See a bunch of Poison Mushrooms guarding a corpse, kill them and find an Arteria Leaf in that corpse.
Giving life... its fullest brilliance.
>Go up a remote cliffside and see a clever drop with a hidden corpse next to a firecamp, find a Turtle Neck Meat in that corpse.
THE ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Bats guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse. Exact same thing happens less than 5 minutes later.
OOOOOHHHHH, ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Highwaymen guarding a chest, kill them and find 5 Mushrooms in that chest.
Shattered...
>See a bunch of Wolves guarding two corpses, kill them and find a Glowstone and a Golden Rune (1) in those corpses.
By someone...
>See a Giant Miranda Flower and a bunch of small Miranda Flowers guarding two corpses, kill them and find an Immunizing Cured Meat and a Golden Rune (2) in those corpses.
Or something...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Hefty Beast Bone in that corpse.
Don't tell me... you don't see it...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find Crab Eggs in that corpse.
LOOK UP AT THE SKY!
>See a Big Land Octopus and a bunch of small Land Octopuses guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse.
It burns...

>pause the game
?

I fucked your mom

>you can see the jump up, run away
If you're at melee range you can't make it if you run away. That's what i'm saying.

Can someone show me what Radahn's helm and the Bull-Goat chestpiece look like together?

The first part is the only one that can't be dodged, a brass shield with like 20 END will let you survive it then you can roll away from the followups easily

Is that same girl who i gived niddle for her aids?

So what's up with Hewg?
Is he misbegotten or a omen?
and then whats the deal with misbegotten besides being a slave race?

I've reached altus around 60 hours and the one thing I've hated so much is fighting the same damn mini bosses everywhere and pretty much the recolor enemies. Every 20 hours has notch this game damn for me to a 7/10 and I don't see it going any lower.
Love the combat, weapons, spell variety, exploring but, just the feeling of finding the same shit is annoying. I think they genuinely did a good job making the world actually have things to find here and there even if its just consumable runes it's the boss that really get to me. It isn't like fighting capra demon once and seeing him an enemy much later. In other open world games there is usually just fucking nothing.
I can't tell if I'm not enjoying it as much anymore because I became over leveled from exploring and the ash summoning really is making it too easy. I just love summoning in any games and if I could I would summon an npc in the past.
Don't know until I beat it, no buyers remorse just seeing how reaching half way it all kinda comes apart.

There is a room in the capital that looks exactly like Fia's room in Roundtable Hall.

pickle

possibly? people think the girl you're talking about is a clone of the boss in OP, some dude is trying engineer someone to make a scarlet rot bloom or something

Wait a minute....there's all the rooms.

Alright, you fuckers were complaining about the boss fights in the last thread and kept on avoiding my points raised so I'm going to wall of text here instead.

I notice people are complaining they can't approach fights like they are playing dark souls. Where they just memorize roll timing and how many swings they get in per opening. And that ER is just a boss spamfest or the likes because they aren't used to the different style yet.
Like I said in the previous thread, they placed Margit as the first boss for this very reason; its to tell you straight away that this isn't dark souls. They are telling you that you can't just go braindead till you figure out the rhythm game of simon says. They are telling you to be reactive and proactive. Every move has to be read instead of just expected only to be easily rolled through, and with it it also encourages to look for every opening. The delays are there to punish the button mashers and to treat every move as a threat, look at it like parrying in previous games where you have to react based on the windup instead of swing. Also roll direction I found to be really important in most fights because you can position yourself most of the time to avoid followup attacks in the combos as the enemies generally will swing over your head. This overall means dynamic boss fights instead of the snoozefest of the previous souls games.
While this made the game harder you can still cheese it so easily.
Very few bosses have retardedly long combos, and people are really blind to openings.
I want to just call you fuckers bad and stop there, but I genuinely think it has more to do with being locked into the ds3 playstyle still of expected and repeated fights and movements. That isn't nearly as fun and engaging as the variance in ER.

>fighting capra demon once and seeing him an enemy much later
Don't worry, you'll fight a reskinned Capra Demon as a boss and as an enemy later in this as well. and then on top of that you'll do the same for a bunch of the other bosses as well including reskinned Asylum Demon.

There's a way to dodge it at close range, but it's ridiculously hard. Put barricade on a shield and pop it when you see her jump up in the air.

ha ha what a wacky coinky dinky

and the fucking 2 attacks that are almost fucking instant and that even if you roll them away there's not enough i-frames to dodge the 3rd one?

Attached: eldenring_CnL9XV8JpO.png (605x833, 1.05M)

volcano keep has those snakemen
but that's the only one I can think of

O P E N W O R L D
The game has it's moments but yeah, its pretty much copy paste of Ds3

You want to fuck a doll. We have those in the real world, user.

What's the lore of these big dead guys?

Attached: elden-ring-skeleton-throne-screenshot-feature.jpg (1800x900, 116.46K)

people are trying to roll through quake moves so it's most certainly dark rolls 3 mindset bleeding through. I wonder how many people rolled through the final boss rings

Dark link is actually actually mechanically a better fight

They look cool

Attached: 1646896421260.gif (346x231, 1.96M)

I'm doing Ranni quest and im at bug boss after coffin in rotten river.
Any tips to figth him? Any weakness? Hard to hit him with him floating around and teleporting.

Thanks. The moment I saw Radahn's helmet I wanted to make an int/str build and cosplay as Magnus the Red. Bull-Goat chestpiece probably doesn't work too good, though.

Attached: image_2022-03-10_175027.png (1022x1400, 2.65M)

did you beat Malenia yet, Any Forums

Attached: 1631071583378.webm (996x540, 2.61M)

Which are the popular duel spots? Mind you i'm only at the acadamy, work has kept me quite busy from progressing.

What exactly do you keep in NG+?

Smack him in the head, don't get grabbed.

Numens maybe? the ant queens in that zone have numen souls, maybe they got slurped up by the ants after whatever the fuck happened occured?

>And that ER is just a boss spamfest
It is.

so yes, it's basically an unfun watch and punish action game.

>Hard to hit him with him floating around and teleporting
Run to head.
Hit the head.
prepare to dodge when it teleports or aoe slams
Simple as.
but like seriously just hit the head.

everything except great runes, some key items (pretty sure you keep tailoring stuff and the whetstone knives) shop upgrades and some info stuff, like the glintstone key map and volcano manor letters.

wtf is that 4 people?

If you're in your recovery frames, you're fucked. If you don't have a shield out already, you're fucked. The game isn't designed to be played reactively like BB or Sekiro, and that's why it's shit.

wow you just described the souls games

Yah, no shield, no bloodhound, cancerous fight strictly because fuck Waterfowl right in the ass.

how viable are SL1 runs in this game

so you just want the game to be a roll spamfest where you never plan ahead or learn enemy attacks.

>fighting boss
>fighting them perfectly, haven't been hit once
>down to 1/3 of their health left
>make ONE mistake
>instantly get one shotted through 30 vigor + plate armor
this game is so antifun sometimes

lol

How the fuck do you dodge the 2 attacks in a row that she does with the 3rd one being delay? Or do you need a shield for this gay ass fight?

Attached: 1646850104128.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

Do Incantations that require Arcane scale with arcane?

I have always thought of these games as how you would do like a 3D translation of 2D metroidvanias such as SOTN into a 3D game, but minus the jumping until ER. Enemies are the same respawning, simple things and the gameplay has a similar progression with unlocking shortcuts and interconnecting areas and secret areas, each area having a boss, your goal to find your way through by beating the bosses

Attached: BB_gameplay.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

very viable, most of your damage will come from your weapon anyway.

DeS, BB and Sekiro played differently enough to be masterpieces

What are the chances for a dlc?

Viable as in theoretically possible.
Personally I fail to see how a human can execute that feat.

Unironically get good or just cheese it. This isn't dark souls any more of passing the test due to pressing the right button when 1 of 3 attacks are starting to be wound up.

The fights in ER are far more engaging, fun, and interesting if you are actually looking to test your skill and aren't afraid of getting in the bosses faces.

That's Malenia. Otherwise good boss aside from one bullshit move, but it's ruined by her monstrous damage

My point exactly. The last 20-25% of the game are almost entirely reused assets (even thought the locations are great) and transform the game into a fucking chore.

as usual spells scale from catalyst spell adjust or whatever it was called in ER.
So the scaling is based on the tool not the spell.

100%

good thing this game plays differently from BB and DS3 then, looks like we got a masterpiece on our hands boys

What's with the scaling in Caelid's Fort Faroth? The bat enemies here give like, 1000 runes, and the harpy things which are a cake walk everywhere else can just delete a health bar like nobody's business, and they both got a fuckton of health here, too.

Kinda nice for farming, but I still don't know why this fort is on roids for not having much

Attached: deadpixel.gif (500x272, 1.8M)

1. What do the Golden telescopes do?
2. What are the giant half bowls and what do they do?
3. What do the creatures statues that emit blue light do?

it's half of the fucking bosses in the end game bro. it's just such a headache

Rote memorization and Simon says bosses are shit. Action games should be a mix of proactive, reactive, and learning. ER is just memorization of safe windows. That makes fights take longer, but doesn't make them mechanically engaging. Tedium is not fun. Isshin is a strong boss that demolishes new players, but skilled players can put pressure on him consistently. In Elden Ring, you can't consistently put pressure on a boss with skill alone. That's why it's shit. And I'm going to say this because I can't stress it enough: you're a subhuman retard if you think tedious bouts of memorization make boss fights fun. The change ups and input reads exist because From wanted to make fights harder without actually advancing the gameplay mechanics like in BB or Sekiro. Now try giving a response that isn't retarded bullshit along the lines of "It takes longer so it's fun."

Except that's exactly what Elden Ring is. Bloodborne let's you play reactively, if this were a bloodborne fight you could shoot her in the face and rip her guts out if you have great reaction time.

if people can beat dark souls 1 with bananas someone can SL1 Elden Ring. I imagine it would be easier than other games even considering how OP some ashes of war are and how little stat investment you need to make them OP as shit.

I can't believe this game is real bros

The duality if Any Forums

Confirmed it's just shitters complaining about the game

youtu.be/72_yLXmIJN4

i did the entire fight two handing, with a shield on my back, and you have just enough time to switch to it and pop barricade and block it, from neutral. if truly are absolutely fucking dead if you're in an attack animation/recovery though

Go play with the little guys to the north, they also do a fuck load of damage but they drop 1k each as well. The gargoyle in front of the sanctum might fuck your ass though, he's a pain.

>3. What do the creatures statues that emit blue light do?
You need to get a giant enemy to smash those

I wish more than 10% of these enemies took a breath once in a while at some point in their non-stop combos.

the beastmen at the very end