Any Forumsistory

hey Any Forums nerds and oldfags, has there ever been another game that's gotten this much traction here as Elden Ring?

my initial thought is Skyrim but I wasn't here when it was released

Attached: 20210604_125811.jpg (852x1106, 118.79K)

>my initial thought is Skyrim but I wasn't here when it was released
>shitty twitter meme

Yeah, I couldn't tell.

Apparently you weren't here when Cyberpunk released either. Or Halo Reach. Or just about any other overhyped triple A IP.

Pokemon got its own board for a reason.

League of Legends when it first starting getting popular. /vg/ actually got made because of the LoL thread spam and Katawashit.

BAZILLIONS OF GUNS.

Cyberpunk got overshadowed by Genshin

oh look the maymay master is here
please sir, please bless me with your rarest pepe
*tip*

Attached: 1488941353387.jpg (592x435, 56.67K)

>come to Any Forums
>post a shitty twitter meme begging for le ebin oldfag lore
>get jimmies rustled when called out
>heh....I'll go all out and show him...

In all fields etc etc

/vg/ was literally created because Any Forums become nothing but League of Legends threads. The Orange Box was huge. There was this 10/10/07 meme where threads became nothing but people spamming 10/10/07 a few days before the launch on October 10, 2007. Both Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 overwhelmed the board as well. Pic unrelated but I used to post it back when people born in the 90's were too young to post on Any Forums and shit up threads all the time.

Attached: faggots.png (1018x766, 31.9K)

Cup Head got way more traction and took over this board completely for 3-days straight.
No it wasn't 50% of threads being Cup Head, it was literally every single thread for 3-days non-stop, no one complained and there were zero nay-sayers.

Attached: lolibooru 411912 black_background eyebrows_visible_through_hair flandre_scarlet light_particles looking_at_viewer twitter_username white_background white_headwear.jpg (1228x1818, 2.57M)

please go and stay go.
in all fields

The best way to get rid of underages is to start banning fan art, coiner, pedo, and waifu threads.

this pic is still valid

no I'm here for the epic maymays and rare peepees and funny jackbois I even invited my friends from Twitter.com

Hoo boy.
You should seen this place when BOTW hit.
Or Smash Ultimate.
Or Twilight princess.
Or JAPAN TIME.

>only lasted 3 days
That’s because it was bots and paid shills then.

Dark Souls 1 got similar levels of traction here and I originally bought it because of people raving about it on here.

EIGHT.
POINT.
EIGHT.

Let it go user not everyone's been here for eleven fucking years.

Half of the Elden Ring threads are shitposts about difficulty and the other half is shitposts about DS1 and DS2.
Everyone marathoned Cup Head and we got all of that discussion out of our system.
Cup Head's release was peak Any Forums.

I have been on Any Forums on and off for 15 years now, and I still feel like a newfag. I have wasted my life.

based