When did fromsoft start becoming trash?

Attached: DEMONS.png (986x572, 310.07K)

DS3

fpbp

Dark souls obviously
All bosses were same boring shit without any soul put into them

dark souls

The Fanbaseā„¢

Dark Souls hasn't been good since the first game. Elden Ring is just a glorified Dark Souls 3.5. FromSoft is at their best when they actually make something new instead of sequels

Always were total shit compared to Capcom/konami

when from realized they could milk this shit for decades by making the same game over and over

Why is is that everytime someone tries to criticize the game, the only answer they get is "git gud"?

somewhere in the middle of Dark Souls 1.

The should have kept going with Sekiro, the open world shit was a terrible idea

Hence why BB and sekiro are so good. Ellen ring is really disappointing

because every major critic of elden ring mentions the bosses being too difficult (when they're not difficult at all) as their major grievance with the game

To be fair most bosses in DS1 are trash, boring or copypaste. It has 3 (three) asylum demons, tons of trash bosses like ceaseless discharge, bed of fucking chaos, that centipede, capra demon,.... Then it has boring stupidly easy bosses like pinwheel, gaping dragon, that butterfly, taurus demon,....
The only bosses that are at all memorable are gargoyles, o&s, quelaag, artorias. That's a grand total of 4 good bosses.

They didn't.
90% of the audience reception proves this.
(You) are the minority.

the OP is about demons souls

Because the endless cycle of new Fromsoft game dropping into thousands of newcomers crying that the game sucks because they cant beat the Analfucker Beast with their 10 vitality and straight sword + 1 is extremely tiring and I don't feel like arguing with those people.

I'm on my first playthrough of DS1 after finishing DS2 and I have to say it feels pretty underwhelming. It's still a good game, but DS2 is a lot more polished in a lot of ways.

Elden Ring has lots of bosses like this, its honestly a huge breath of fresh air, very few bosses came down to "dodge then hit" like in Bloodborne and Dks3.

Radahn is the highlight of the game for me, super cool horse duel.

Shitters get an ego trip from pretending others got filtered. The most extreme recent example is the traffic light man from doom eternal, who is defeated by waiting for a light to go green then clicking.

Attached: 1585961672169.jpg (812x960, 79.92K)

Demon Souls has 0 good bosses. They're all stupidly easy.

there's no way this post is real

DS2
You fight various guys in armor for most of the game

>The only bosses that are at all memorable are gargoyles, o&s, quelaag, artorias
Gwyn is great faggot, unless you're one of those parrying sissys.
Also Manus, Kalameet, and Sif.

this

No it's not, people are arguing boss design, not difficulty. For example Having a boss have a million HP when you have 2 is hard l, sure, but it's shit design, that's what people are arguing. Margot or any other boss is by no means a hard fight because of how easy it is to cheese this game but some boss design decisions are baffling of stupidity

And in DS3 they're all just a bunch of ninja-flipping 2 phase niggers

>Is invisible forcing you to equip a torch in your off hand.
>Jumps at you with a heavy attack. So I dodge away.
>Immediately uses a projectile. Dodge.
>Dashes in does a slash into a slash into a slash into a slash. Great now it has an opening.
>I attack.
>Immediately teleports behinds me and stabs me in the back dealing 70% of my health as dmg (50 vigor).
>Drink a flask and dodge the projectile it fires at me.
>Zooms in with a dashing attack. Which I dodge.
>Oh Shit, it has an opening.
>Finally get a jumping hit in with my UGS which deals 1/10th of it's health as damage.
>Follow up with a light swing.
>It teleports behind me and stabs me in the back.
>Heal up.
>It teleports in front of me and does a dashing attack. Dodged.
>It slashes x4, go in for the attack.
>Teleports away and does a fucking 8 hit combo like this is KH, DMC, or Bayonetta.
>Dodge, except the last two hits a delayed so I get hit by them.
>DEAD. Game OVER.
WOW SO FUN AND EXCITING!

Attached: blacker knifer.jpg (1416x628, 90.04K)

DS2 onward

>Gwyn is great faggot
What the fuck are you talking about
He's literally Alan copy paste but pathetic weakling

They are right but complaining about the wrong thing, it's not that the game is too difficult, but that the difficulty curve of the game is completely fucked. ER is hardest at the beginning which defies all logic, by the midgame you've levelled up and found a groove in some kind of cheese strat which makes the bosses trivial, only getting slightly harder at the endgame.

Compare it to Sekiro where the difficulty is sustained and peaks at the last bosses like it should.

DS
They tried to make proper levels with das2 again, but in das/bloodborne/das3/elden ring running past enemies and skipping level is more rewarding than actually clearing it

They don't respawn so you can go ham on them.

Gaping Dragon
>Headshots do more damage
>Cutting the tail off removes moves
>Spews acid and breaks your shit
Capra Demon
>You fight him in a broom closet
>Sweeping weapons kill the dogs on accident, win the fight
>Environment lets you bottleneck the AI and break aggro
Iron Golem
>You fight him on a bridge you can fall off
>You can make him fall off too
>You can summon an AI specifically trained to fuck his ass for kicks

Bordt
>No Items
>Fox Only
>Final Destination
Pontiff Sullyvahn
>No Items
>Fox Only
>Final Destination
Gael
>No Items
>Fox Only
>Final Destination

>people are arguing boss design, not difficulty.
thank you.

this

unpopular opinion: dark souls was hot trash compared to demon's, and i've always been saddened how the first game was ignored by everyone because it was a ps3 exclusive. never loved the sequels either, decent games at best. elden ring follows their steps. bloodborne and sekiro were both kino instead.
>tfw shitposting with the Any Forumsirgins in des generals
>tfw these comics were in every thread picrel
>tfw we were all happier back then
>tfw maiden astraea ost

Attached: tfw.png (477x1313, 19.82K)

>boss has a million HP but you have 2
Lots of games do this and are successful, they even make your hp a sub 5 number and nobody complains

When Miyazaki got promoted to President and he let hacks like Tanimura and Kitao take the reigns. (DS2 and on). He told them to fuck off for Bloodborne and Sekiro. Surprise! The last From Masterpieces

Attached: 1490334797863.png (455x445, 184.51K)

This is the most Reddit thread all day

Usually when a game actually gives you less than 10 HP, attacks against you only deal 1 or 2. Maybe 5. This isn't the same in Souls games, where having 2 HP would be tantamount to a no-hit run.

bingo, fpbp and based

After DeS and DS1. Redemption at BB and Sekiro. Fell back down at ER and DS3.
Just look at these bosses down below compared to ER. Memorable. Some more difficult than others but also different. Meanwhile in ER you got Margit1 Margit2 Super Margit Blood Margit Gold Margit THE ELDEN RING BOSS Godskin assholes and what if Sephiroth but red hair two wings and crusty skin and is also a girl. You can only count on 1 hand the amount of lovable and memorable bosses from ER. The rest were either piss easy or piss bullshit unfair while in Sekiro BB DeS DS1 there are some encounters you'll never forget in a good way.
Asylum Demon
Taurus Demon
Bell Gargoyles
Moonlight Butterfly
Capra Demon
Gaping Dragon
Chaos Witch Quelaag
Pinwheel
Iron Golem
Crossbreed Priscilla
Executioner Smough & Dragonslayer Ornstein
Great Grey Wolf Sif
Four Kings
Ceaseless Discharge
Demon Firesage
Centipede Demon
Bed of Chaos
Seath the Scaleless
Gravelord Nito
Sanctuary Guardian
Knight Artorias
Manus, Father of the Abyss
Black Dragon Kalameet
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Furthermore they kept trying to copy O&S without doing it properly. By that I mean it's like the newfags using wojaks and frogs in the way the old meme stuff was used but is spammed in poor taste used in poor taste.
The Loathsome Dung Eater encompasses everything wrong with ER. They took Solaire and made him a shitposting shit eating nigger faggot.

>unpopular opinion: dark souls was hot trash compared to demon's
It was very popular opinion when das was released
Shame pc release and giant wave of newfags just refused to see how das in just soulless, low effort copy paste of des