Western devs

Will the industry learn from Elden Ring's success?
>respects player agency
>respects player intelligence
>relatively minimal marketing
>undersold itself despite exceeding expectations
>expansive lore for people who care, but also respects players who just want to fight monsters
>no weird political bullshit
Every AAA developer who shat out "an open world rpg" in the past decade should be utterly ashamed. FROMSOFT does European fantasy and mythos (with or without GRRM) better than the west and that's sad.

Attached: download.png (696x339, 303.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bfWLYt9IAcw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Will the industry learn from Elden Ring's success?
don't change anything and keep churning out the same ubisoft walking simulators, because normalfags keep reliably eating that slop.

No, western devs have all taken to crying on Twitter about how everyone is wrong for liking it.

Attached: 888.jpg (500x534, 41.77K)

I think that it will in fact be a somewhat meaningful data point when it comes to reining in handholdy linear bullshit and dozens of "accessibility" sliders that ultimately invalidate underlying game design. Players like challenge and sense of discovery, and there is a massive consumer base for those things. You already see it with the flash in the pan developers whining about how forgettable their games will ultimately be.

We might actually be on the beginning of a swing back towards some respectably deep and well made big games in the near future.

Attached: goku.gif (498x431, 1.59M)

I blame google.

Attached: tricked.jpg (238x273, 15.88K)

i love this man

Attached: file.png (700x941, 238.25K)

Why are weebs so delusional

This is the first I'm hearing about this but that doesn't surprise me in the fucking slightest.

You didn't see the 50 threads about the Horizon devs crying about ER having terrible UX because you have to press the cancel button to leave the map screen?

The story and lore are trash tho.

Western studios hire subhumans with strong anti-meritocratic convictions. When they see something good, they would rather screech in resentment than consider why it was good, what can they learn from it, and how can it be surpassed based on newly acquired knowledge. Perhaps it already got as bad as infecting upper echelons which are supposed to be actually concerned with releasing profitable product and not just get their wage and go home. Root of the problem is not in game dev hiring practices and not even in powerful finance institution spreading cancer, but in the very dominant anti-meritocratic paradigm in contemporary western mindset. Pray to all gods you know that it stays in game dev and doesn't creep onto things like medicine or military industry.

No I must've missed that drama. I have been away from the internet for a little bit.

>30 hours in
>just realized I was supposed to meet Renna at the church
>can't spawn her and don't know what to do

Attached: 1617682694243.jpg (400x225, 14K)

>Will the industry learn from Elden Ring's success?
They had a whole decade to learn from DeS and DS1 and they learned nothing. Western devs are simply creatively bankrupt, incompetent, don't understand tight gameplay, visual storytelling or engaging level design, don't care about gamers, are utterly pozzed in every sense of the way, in how their companies are ran, in their hiring practices, in the demographics they chose to target or pander to, in how they design by committee and by following trends and so-called market studies, they cannot move away from their soulless bloated kitchen sink approach because they have zero agility in terms of creative risk-taking vs executive bullshit and shareholders imperatives to constantly try to expand sales and capture new markets, and even when they do have a chance at creative vision, they are plagued by inabilities to think outside the box, plagued by their own creative midwitry as they themselves are mindless consumers of shallow disposable culture who confuse Hollywood storytelling with high art, or plagued by inabilities to technically deliver on said vision.

They can't even learn anything from other western studios that manage to do things half right. Let them regurgitate the same copypasted ubishit cancer with their pre-made unreal assets and constant obnoxious voice acting.

Attached: 1622938630982.jpg (759x864, 153.12K)

It definitely has its pros and cons, and it isn't as compelling as Dark Souls lore, for sure. But it's still infinitely more captivating than probably any game I've played in the past couple years.

This is what i told myself after DS1, and then after Bloodborne, and then after Sekiro.
But now even when other devs try to copy Souls, they just copied the slower-paced action and hard boss aspect. While i'm sure most fans play it for the exploration and level design.

Then welcome to the party

Attached: Butthurt.jpg (517x365, 25.81K)

Also here's some fag wishing for the COD jam filter and obnoxious low health noises to be in the game

Attached: 1646590440115.jpg (813x1024, 116.24K)

I wish I could put into words how cathartic it was to even read this lol

Go to her house, past the Caria manor.
You can buy the bell in the maiden husk.

>They had a whole decade to learn from DeS and DS1 and they learned nothing
Neither did Fromsoft lol

Of course not, they only care about milking their customers with the least amount of effort possible and fellating themselves afterwards. It's a problem that will never be fixed

They are right though.

>doesn't creep onto things like medicine or military industry
... user, was this a setup, because you already knew it has infest every corner of modern society, and waiting for someone to play off that comment? I mean it worked, but there's no need.

It's Ubisoft employees and stuff butthurt that ER outsold Asscreed and Horizon despite those games being casual

This is the first triple a JP game.

This has to be a joke, who the fuck actually likes red jam screens or annoying low health beeps? That shit is super annoying.

no they aren't. they are niggerfaggots who make trash games like horizon and bf2042 complaining about minutia.

This is happening because kids are taught in anti-meritocratic way in schools. "Everyone's a winner", "everyone's equal", "there is no objective way to measure merit and contribution", etc. When this shit is beaten into person's head in his formative years, eventually he starts thinking that he's not supposed to make effort towards making something good.

The game was good and FAIR until the SNOW area. A NORMAL, RANDOM ENEMY CAN DEAL 1300 HP DAMAGE IN ONE BLOW, EVEN IF WEARING HEAVY ARMOR AND LOTS OF POINTS IN ENDURANCE.

Fucking hell the internet was such a horrible mistake

It doesn't respect my time

what does that mean?

>agency
don't go too far bro, if you fall from 5 feet you have to respawn lol. You wanted to be able to beat everything with a greatsword? have fun w malenia and shades, also enemy poise? lol
>intelligence
look around for random ghost turtles that can spawn on cliffs, do an emote with only one piece of gearon, lol it's so obvious
>everything else
lmao. The game is an unfinished and padded out mess. You get the best armor and weapons in the third boss's area and nothing else even competes with upgrades, there is nothing rewarding after Radahn. In any aspect.

Western bumping out a lot of ugly shitty soul clone though

Yes it does, you can do whatever you want.

is Elden Ring the only game you faggots have played

I’m level 120 in snow area and was wondering if my build is just fucked or if every enemy is supposed to do so much damage that builds no longer matter.

>Indoctrinated
Lmao there's truly no bigger joke out there than blank slate fags

just got to the snow area. been having NO issues with enemies except the giant hands, and they're just annoying. please put some points into VIT

No. Western devs will look at Elden Ring and say "Alright, now how can we monetize this?"

Attached: 1645379145694.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

No, enemies just start doing % based damage. Every single attack from then to the end of the game is guaranteed to 2- or 3-shot you. Have fun.

wait until you meet the bitches riding wolfs, they are like you while running with the horse but can shot arrows with perfect accuracy and tracking, also they dodge and the wolf of course jumps on you.

But they are right.
The PC port has a lot of problems.
The UI is alright but nothing to write about.
There a few major bugs going on the game.
The game balance is super whack.
And the camera is still jank as ever has been.
Also some things i don't know if they are done on purpose like not being able to hotkey spells and ash of war, for balance reasons.

It means that instead of letting you win by doing nothing like those meme videos about Luigi in Mario Party it expects you to learn the game's mechanics and master them.

probably by making a game and selling it for $60

How much Vit should I aim for

>No, enemies just start doing % based damage.
It this real and was actually tested? Suspected something like that too because trash mobs get absurd, but can't confirm.

stfu white supremacist

What an absolute fucking baboon.
Please tell me this is a troll account or something.

Attached: terry.jpg (1294x478, 69K)

i mean the pc may have performance problems which is legitimate. the quest design and ui complaints aren't.

The story and lore is too complex to have just been in the 'pick up items and see context clues' like dark souls was. There should have been a little more direction in the story

youtu.be/bfWLYt9IAcw
Melina has to say this everytime you're low health

They can't replicate it properly because it's Japanese and follows different design tenets it will always be watered down if they try

wwowowowowo game dont have quest marker and get you other kinds of sword no game has ever done this before Western dev bad

Attached: ethreth.webm (940x450, 1.55M)