Elden Ring

What do you think about Elden Ring boss design?

Attached: elden ring.jpg (1920x1080, 407.92K)

it's okay

Visually? Sometimes pretty good. Mechanically? Rarely anything but awful.

dont care. gonna get into sekiro asap

>roll for 15 seconds waiting for an opening that only katanas can hit before the enemy recovers and combos you
>shitton of AoE on top of it
>"NOOOO BROO IF IT'S TOO HARD JUST USE YOUR MIMIC AND SPAM FROST/BLEED"
It's shit

You forgot the blatant input reading and staggering of attacks to catch you after your i-frames expire.

Attached: 1646851471283.webm (888x500, 2.94M)

The bosses in this game are pretty trash. The exploration makes up for ir though.

I've beaten the majority of bosses with a Greataxe or the greatsword. The bleed/front on fast weapons build is OP, but the game is 100% playable without it.

I think it's a step down from DS3/BB but still good; better than DeS/DS1

Any Forums is an anti git gud board now, chud. Fuck off.

>Playable
Yeah that's the problem, your playable mean "get the boss HP to 0"
Not fun
Retard

>infinite stamina
>have attack strings where they go on and on and you can't interrupt them, poise is shit
>bosses barely react to your hits
>bosses can cancel their recovery animations and keep attacking you so you have no opening to attack them
>bosses can just add additional attacks to their previous attacks whenever they feel like it to throw you off, so they don't even have consistent patterns half the time
>bosses blatantly read your inputs, bosses instantly react to you healing as if they're psychic
>bosses can still attack through walls
>almost all bosses are faster than you
>almost all bosses have an AoE attack
>because of all of the above combined you are incentivized to rely on cheese tactics
It's bad

I generally think the boss design is great although the fact that some bosses are reused with the same model lessens my appreciation for them. Mechanically however there are some bosses that are just terrible namely Malenia, Malekith, and Radahn. Which is a shame because I think their designs are phenomenal.

Fromsoftdrones say input reading is the perfect type of difficulty. I never knew controlling the commands of the enemy at the press of a button is what makes good AI.

Japanese coding is the best in the world
Cope

also
>virtually all bosses have delayed attacks to punish rolling
>after a while you just get rehashed fights, some of these rehashed fights involve two bosses at the same time which amplifies all the problems above by two

it's fine if it's just catching your heals in a single fight—holy shit you need to shut the fuck up and dilate already

I doubt... you could even imagine it.
>See a bunch of Skeletons guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Poisonbloom in that corpse.
That which commanded the stars.
>See a bunch of Poison Mushrooms guarding a corpse, kill them and find an Arteria Leaf in that corpse.
Giving life... its fullest brilliance.
>Go up a remote cliffside and see a clever drop with a hidden corpse next to a firecamp, find a Turtle Neck Meat in that corpse.
THE ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Bats guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse. Exact same thing happens less than 5 minutes later.
OOOOOHHHHH, ELDEN RING!!!
>See a bunch of Highwaymen guarding a chest, kill them and find 5 Mushrooms in that chest.
Shattered...
>See a bunch of Wolves guarding two corpses, kill them and find a Glowstone and a Golden Rune (1) in those corpses.
By someone...
>See a Giant Miranda Flower and a bunch of small Miranda Flowers guarding two corpses, kill them and find an Immunizing Cured Meat and a Golden Rune (2) in those corpses.
Or something...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Hefty Beast Bone in that corpse.
Don't tell me... you don't see it...
>See a bunch of Demi-Humans guarding a corpse, kill them and find Crab Eggs in that corpse.
LOOK UP AT THE SKY!
>See a Big Land Octopus and a bunch of small Land Octopuses guarding a corpse, kill them and find a Golden Rune (1) in that corpse.
It burns...

Lazy and awful.

Attached: imput dodging.gif (346x231, 1.96M)

>it's fine
No, kill yourself

>in a single fight
lol

Too repetitive, where are the puzzle bosses like the bridge dragons and unique creatures like the Hydra or the Moonlight Butterfly? Why are they all constantly recycled? Why are the arenas also recycled? Why are they all so aggressive and getting stronger mid-fights? Where is the Sif limping, or the Astrea pleading for mercy? Matt was right.

Attached: 1628329541115.png (986x572, 310.07K)

maybe don't heal when the boss in is neutral you dumb scrub

>bosses barely react to your hits

Some of them don't. Some of them flinch on every hit and it's barely a fight.

fromsisters....

Attached: 1646872563704.webm (1280x720, 1.57M)

I've had bosses input read your attacks to mix up their combos. Margit and Godskin Noble both come to mind. That's really fucking annoying.

>moonveil shitter
kek

>holy shit you need to shut the fuck up and dilate already

I like my penis though.

Maybe kill yourself drone

Rykard is bed of chaos tier awful design.
>lol lets have a storm ruler fight except you have to have over 200 FP or else chug flasks constantly and the boss can choose to stop getting stunned randomly and hit you during your follow-up attack

This. Love the game but bosses make me want to go back to dark souls 3 or bloodborne

project harder you mentally unstable no talent shitter

The very definition of overloaded. Feels like they realized that after 10 years the players have mastered their combat system and that the only way to keep selling the games as "hard" is to add all the bullshit they previously rejected as being unfun concepts.

I just find it regrettable that they've pretty much abandoned the style of level design that was so good in DeS and DS1. There are plenty of games that do combat better than Souls, but there are very few that have something close to Valley of Defilement, Tower of Latria, Ash Lake or Painted World of Ariamis.

I beat the entire game with the brick hammer, you can easily get in hits you're just a shitter who can't capitalize on openings.

Most of the main bosses are all so close to being great, they're just given a bullshit move or two and some of them need to give more room to breathe after they're done with combos. It's also irritating how they will alter combos on the fly depending on if you try to punish or not. Mohg and Malenia are up there with my favorite Souls bosses, Radahn, Rykard, and Rennala are fun even if the mechanics don't live up to the presentation
The dungeon bosses (Crucible Knight, Tree Spirit, Royal Revenant, Erdtree Avatar, fucking dragons) are just irritating to fight, even before the game throws them at you a dozen times each

Attached: 1646740711571.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

Attached: 1646850985442.png (701x914, 377.24K)

I hated this boss. There was nothing fun or engaging about it. Honestly, I've gotten past lyndell and everything about the fucking game is just tedious and boring. It looks nice but it's the worst parts of souls games and open world games.

I guess the hype really caused it to get such a good metacritic score, which will only encourage another one but fuck is dull. Also, that "lore" is fucking worthless and the quests have no organic progression making them fucking obnoxious to deal with.

>talent
Lmao, playing videogames is not a stand in for real talent you absolutely pathetic little faggot.

Installing now.

Honestly good. I played the DeS remake lately and literally every boss was a total pushover except Flamelurker and Allant. Not sure why people want such piss easy bosses again. Bloodborne was the peak imo.

>stand in range of an enemy while they do nothing
>is shocked when the enemy uses their attacks to interrupt a heal

why is Any Forums so full of shitters all of a sudden? You want the game to just roll over and die too? You can already trivialize the game with any slightly decent build and you guys want the bosses to just let players heal for free now? Cmon man.

talent can be applied to vidya same as anything else. the point is that you suck at everything and that's why you have suicidal thoughts and the only thing you can think of to say is kys kys kys ya faggot tranny

I think bosses should do less damage and have at least double the health. Missed a roll? Half your health is gone. Now you have to guess for the healing window- which outright doesn't exist on some bosses unless they're staggered. Figuring out that you can do 'x' when the boss does 'y' is fun and really feels like you're learning, but when you're given so many options and guessing wrong means dying it gets boring fast. Also the input reading is really, really, bad. Bosses getting a dodge right after a 30 second combo is pure bullshit. It makes learning the patterns of a boss really unrewarding when you know you can just equip night & flame and just delete them

Any Forums wants every boss to be easily beatable with just a club and they only want to win by rolling twice and attacking.

Why are you fucking blind to the point of the webm? Are you an actual retard or what?

too hard for me. i think i'm gonna give it a rest for a while because i'm just getting frustrated

Attached: 1580350937711.png (502x374, 203.89K)

Designated shitter thread.

Did you mislink my post or did you miss the point I was making that hard?

The enemy uses specific moves when dealt with specific situations. IE he will spam fire balls when you try to heal. This is just lazy.

for christ's sake I've been fighting her for an hour and a half and I haven't even gotten her to 50%

Attached: 20220309225942_1.jpg (2560x1440, 632.22K)

>talent can be applied to vidya
lol, no, you are a talentless faggot that pretends they have worth because they play "hard" games and are a "hardcore gamer" laughable little faggot. Kill yourself.

Hahaha you faggots don't even dodge and complain that you're being hit

All of them would be trivial if you have 15 minutes of training mode to learn their moveset
the only thing making them hard is because you have to sit through your character flopping, the loading screen, and picking up your runes, over and over.
If there's a "quick retry" feature that skips the death animation and loading screen it will be much more fun

>The player uses specific moves when dealt with specific situations. IE he will attack when the boss is winding down. This is just lazy.

seethe, loser

b team game
dark souls 2-2

>DeS boss design
>good
Yes I meant to reply to you retard. Most of the bosses in that game are either laughably easy or dumb gimmick bosses.

look at when the boss begins to cast the fireball. The player hasn't even started to drink the estus, it reads your input and doesn't feel natural, just like

Kino

Dilate, cuckold

the point is that the enemy is programmed to attack you at that range when you heal, so don't fucking heal at that range when there isn't an opening. It's that simple, in fact it being that consistent should be a very clear indicator of this. How is this a hard concept to grasp? You are asking for the enemy to not punish bad heals dude.

>BASED team
Yep, it'll be the most discussed souls game on Any Forums with DS2

Fromsisters… how the fuck do we respond to this?

So you did miss my point.

Imput reading is just lazy. Design a fucking boss so that it doesn't feel like RNG that I beat it.

It's awesome except for Malenia's Judgment Cuts being extremely obnoxious if she starts them at close range right after a riposte, and the same goes for her phantom attack since the ground below her instantly becomes a multi-hit staggering AOE. The camera shits itself too.

>Obviously baiting out attacks to show input reading by healing at FULL health
>just dodge
Blind retard that doesn't even see the point of the webm yet again.

Would it "feel" better if it was a shorter animation that came out half a second later and caught you regardless?

ywnbaw
you will never excel at anything
you will continue to seethe on an imageboard and say nothing of value

Bro HE'S THROWING A BALL AT YOU DODGE WHEN HE THROWS

the attack starts the second he presses the button
i have a clip where a skeleton does a punch the frame i press r2 literally 5 times in a row
this input reading shit is so cheap

>the enemy is utilizing it's toolset to do specific things at specific ranges depending on what's happening around it

holy shit dude no way? Do you stab at enemies far away, or charge NPCs as they try to heal? Should enemies just not punish the player at all now?

Yeah this, exploring the levels was always my favorite part of these games. Here there's only 4 of them (Stormveil, Raya, Volcano Manor & the Capital, don't know if Haligtree and Faram Azula are big enough to count) and while the rooftop jumping is a lot of fun and they're massive, they're just not tightly designed. There's so many shortcuts that are blatantly useless and it's annoying to get to a hard to reach item just for it to be a fucking Arteria Leaf

>enemy uses specific moves when dealt with specific situations
>RNG
You are retarded.

Absolutely god awful, the worst in the series.

>i have a clip where a skeleton does a punch the frame i press r2 literally 5 times in a row
Post it

it would feel better if the character felt like they were designed to fight a certain way and not designed to respond to specific actions. Fun fact, if you use spirits and stop attacking, once the spirit dies. The enemies sometimes freeze up completely because they don't know what to do.

It's funny how Any Forums went from "git gud" to "this game is too hard"

>You are asking for the enemy to not punish bad heals dude.
No, I am asking for not blatant input reading from a mult-million dollar company with 7 goes at this type of game, how is that hard for you to understand brainlet? Punishing heals is one thing, blatant precognitive action from poorly programmed AI is another.

What level are you? She's the hardest boss, so you should be SL 100 at the very least, recommended 120-130.

Mate she has a phase 2 that is absolute cancer just use mimic and save yourself the migraine. This was the first fromsoft game to buckbreak me into using summons and by the end I just couldn’t care less.

>bad boss design is when I can't win on my first try by rolling around him and attacking

>precognitive
fuck off you histrionic

115 but I only have 39 points in vigor

anyone with eyes can see the estus startup dude, fuck man healing in BB could be PARRIED for fucks sake. These things are reactable, you're just mad that the game is actually punishing the player for sloppy play.

Animation lock would prevent that retard, the fireball is locked in when you lock in the heal

i am not kidding when I say that there are perhaps 10 good bosses in this game of 100+.
it's genuinely appalling, especially when you go back to BB or DS1.

Read his post again, he's talking about level design. Might not be the thread to bring it up in, I'll give you that

Then don't heal when you're not safe

Git gud was always a meme reply and the fact that people take it seriously now is a testament to how much this game series has degenerated.

Is it me or does this game feel way slower than Bloodborne

So this is the easiest Souls game yet, right?

Projection

but it's on my ps4 and i can't convert it to webm right now

git gud. I'm dead serious. Not a meme. Stop being bad.

none of the reviewers played past stormveil user

they really have run out of ideas

The "git gud" in this game now means "git moar levels."
Hardly challenging, it's just a stat game in the end.

Any Forums can't even beat it because it's too hard. Lol

Yeah turns out that when you balance your difficulty curve by giving all the mid-to-lategame bosses quasi infinite combo-into-combo extension potential, input reading mixups, and ganks with enemies that weren't designed for gank fights, all under the assumption that it doesn't matter because the player is expected to summon a +10 spirit ash, that the players have less fun because all these mechanics are garbage.

>I want the game to punish my bad heals
>no not those ones

you can't have it both ways man. And how else would you want the AI to read a heal and to punish it? If it reacts any later you can avoid the "punish", defeating the whole purpose of it. You act as if pulling out the estus is unseeable.

>p-projection
lol is that the best you could come up with? neck, tranny

has nothing to do with hardness, most of the game is pretty easy, it's cheap and obnoxious

Its way slower

Is that word too big for you brainlet?

The game is specifically midtier and I say this as someone who's beaten the game. I don't know how it get 97 on metacritic other then reviewers, playing on bitch mode.

Yes. It's on purpose it's DS3 where you have a lead foot and bloodborne style enemies.

It's always been like that. You're just mad the game is harder

Hard doesn't always mean good. If I gave a bunch of enemies 1 million HP and you 1 and they can kill you in 1 hit that makes the game "hard" that doesn't mean it's any good

The bosses are mostly a downgrade from any Souls game, Bloodborne, or Sekiro. They have a ton of annoying, high damage combos with unnatural rhythms that make me feel relief when I kill them, instead of satisfaction with having learned the fight. You learn the fight, then spend the next 7 - 20 attempts whittling down their health bar with single R1s or R2s while remember to do everything you learned perfectly or die. Summoning makes the fights doable, and you'll get to use your cool moves, but it'll be because the boss is distracted so it's basically free.

Godfrey was pretty fun, but basically all the bosses past Morgott are wretched slogs. By far the worst is the Elden Beast, truly awful boss that I wish I could remove from the game entirely. The game's alright tho.

well maybe you shouldn't heal in range of the fireball when the boss isn't doing anything then eh?

I didn't say anything about being good. You're too bad to beat the game regardless of its quality.

The attack triggers same second as the Estus animation lock, there is no seeing it retard, it's a direct consequence of the button press, not the player models actions.

Is my word too accurate for you, drama queen?

I gave up on radahn because he'd just retard smash me 15 times in a row or beyblade me or squash me with meteors and spammed rock sling on him while summons aggrod him

By Any Forums's rules (no summons or spirit ashes, no magic or broken builds like bleed builds) it's by far the hardest, but unrestricted it's by far the easiest

fromniggers will defend this shit

is this the thread where Any Forums incessantly whines about being bad at video games? elden ring bosses are good, just use your mimic tear if it's too much for you.

imagine being too stupid to watch others play vidya

Funny how Any Forums is now the journalist crying about a souls game being too hard.

Stay mad

for now the ones i liked were the corrupted avatar tree,godrick,margit kinda and crucible knight
still at the begining btw

Garbage. I've resorted to ash summons for bosses like Godskin Duo. If I game doesn't respect my time, then I won't respect it. Going from no-hitting Manus and Orphan, two of the greatest experiences I've ever had with this series, to Elden Ring boss fights, is such an overwhelming disappointment.

I didnt really struggle all that much. And all i did was barricade block an poke with lance and the best greatshield shield i could find. I used did use the occasional longbow and crossbow arrow spam for ranged encounters too.

I literally watched him sit there and get hit by the fire ball.

test

Easiest if you use ash summons and/or one of many busted ashes of war or spells. Hardest by miles if you're trying to play it like it's DS3. They seriously fucked up the balance in this game.

The only bullshit bosses are the multibosses. People crying about it being too hard genuinely must be shitters. Even Malenia took me 10 or so tries sure, but since when do you have to win every boss first try?

The enemy is psychic and just instantly is able to attack you the second you take out your flask, it's as laughable as the enemies that track your movements and spin like a top

A lot of bosses are covetous demon tier minibosses

Is he right, Any Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20220310-110324_Twitter.jpg (1080x358, 112.87K)

wow souls games never had input reading before. definitely not. artorias and fume knight for example definitely don't input read to interrupt your heals or anything

You really need to pump it to 60 Vig, where it caps.

>It's always been like that.
No it hasn't. The SL1 playthroughs in previous games disproves.
I've already beaten the game, SL 150. Never grinded, explored 95% of the world.
Elden Ring is stat-reliant, not skill-based anymore.

Attached: Elden Ring Stats3.png (1271x715, 752.07K)

stay bad

Why is Twitter better at video games than Any Forums? People ITT hot filtered by this guy

feels like you die way too fucking quickly. even if you dump ass into vig its still like, 2-3 hits 'til death. feels like you may as well just go glass cannon

>0:04
>0:10
>0:18
all the punishes you missed (even with UGS)

>Read thread
>People who are complaining about boss fights are listing very specific things they consider annoying to deal with
>From soft defenders: uhh you're just bad lol
Why are they so disingenuous?

Journos use spirits and ashes and other things people here would consider cheating.

Nope, but mine was too accurate for you drones apparently since you'll die defending shitty practices instead of admit there are faults. You giving me attention doesn't really matter, I'd drop it if you faggots weren't so ready to defend the indefensible, keep responding though, I have all day.

>Rhadan
>get him to literally 3%
>start riding around looking for summons
>get killed by an unavoidable purple meteor bullet from one end of the desert to another flying at 980 km/h
Great boss design.

They used the summons. It trivializes the fight.