How concerned is Aonuma right now?

Forbidden west and Elden Ring have raised the standards for Triple A open world games dramatically

Attached: fan cover.jpg (3000x5000, 798.3K)

>Forbidden West

Attached: IMG_0524.jpg (502x515, 33.99K)

I'm sorry your father told you you were a disappointment user, here get some free validation

He's not concerned at all lol

Attached: 1646705867897.png (532x835, 131.12K)

he doesn't care because Forbidden west and ER aren't on switch

>forbidden west
>standards

I'll give him something to be concerned about

Attached: 78028a22b42c2f6555ad9c9bc156e159.jpg (1038x800, 112.56K)

The absolute state of snoys sneaking HFW into these conversations

Forbidden West was good, but not great. I mean, it LOOKS great, but it's a pretty safe sequel.
Elden Ring is obviously fantastic.
We still know so little about the structure of BotW2 so it's hard to speculate, but even if they take an extremely safe approach like Horizon it will still be a good game.

Hey now don't be so mean. HFW did indeed raise the standards for AAA open world. By being so bogstandard that everyone finally came out decrying how painfully average it was.

>incel ring
>raised copy paste standards

Attached: 1645050966073-1.png (636x660, 558.56K)

considering both are being compared to BOTW still, the only game he has to beat is his own. which i don't think he will

Lmao. Elden Ring is a bad copy of BOTW.

Nintendo does not care about other games. I'm not saying this is a good or a bad thing, since it can have mixed results, but they will have no problems dropping 2016-level open worlds well into 2026 and everyone will still buy them.

>forbidden west

Attached: 8F629A09-DFE4-4A6D-865F-5ADEA474420A.jpg (600x580, 82.51K)

I just want to play it. I've been holding out on doing another run of BotW because of 2.

Attached: 1643564385989.jpg (3840x2160, 1.92M)

Elden Ring is AA, like all From Software games. BotW2 will be able to distinguish itself purely with the extra level of polish it'll have, even if it fails to innovate with elements the first game lacked, such as good dungeon environment variety and a weak sense of reward. Animations for things like teleportation instead of fading to black, more physics interactions in the world, better-made menus and UI, greater enemy reactivity, less jank in general.

The only game that has Fujibayashi and Aonuma sweating is Genshin. It perfected a mixture of a vast open world like BotW and numerous condensed overworld based puzzles of Skyward Sword. And then they added huge cities and towns with numerous characters and deep lore, various cultures explored in detail, and actual story through the whole thing to boot. It's a masterpiece that raised the bar incredibly high. The only thing Zelda has over it is environmental interaction.

Attached: 1646879379462.jpg (3276x1843, 1.06M)

Zelda is dead until Aonuma and Fujibayashi die and Koizumi and Tezuka come back.

based and kaapilled

lol here comes the gachacucks

>Forbidden west and Elden Ring
Not even the same genre as BotW
>t-they use swords and bows though
They're not even the same genre as each other.

He will release another zelda game with terrible combat, no dungeons, and a world that is as wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle and journalists/tendie cultists will eat it up. He doesn't need to worry at all.
Aonuma is fucking cancer and it hurts me that he is now in control of Zelda

At least it wasn't foot fetish shit too. Why is there such a huge overlap between vorefags and footfags?

Fujibayashi was director of Breath of the Wild user.

because they're degenerate faggots

>vast open world like BotW
>Genshin - 15 km2
>Horizon - 20km 2
>Elden Ring - 80km 2
>BotW - 140km 2
>VAST OPEN WORLD LIKE BOTW
???

I don't know OP how is Bluepoint taking Elden Ring success now that they actually have to make a videogame?
>Forbidden west
lel

Attached: 243.png (500x500, 223.58K)

>Elden Ring
>Less journalist reviews
>they can't complete the game
>doesn't want to get embarrassed so don't bother writing a review for a game they can't play
pathetic

>2016-level open worlds
Modern Video Games suck
I would rather have 1996-level open worlds, no DLC, complete games with soul and substance.
>DUR DUR 2026 is so much better
Fuck off

Aonuma is producer which is the head honcho

Substantiate your claim or else everyone will view it as just more Fromdrone coping

I always notice that Aonuma and Takahashi have always gotten more press over the likes of Fujibayashi and Koh Kojima, the actual directors of the Zeldas and Xenoblades of the world. Will those two guys ever get full spotlight or will they forever be overshadowed by their seniors?

That's wrong though

>Nintendo fans acting like review matter
You all were blown the fuck out by the likes of The Last of Us Part 2 and claimed they didn't matter, but now that you got a one point lead on Elden Ring, they matter again?

it's not. either google it and stop being retarded or stop baiting

The producer is the guy who handles shit like funding and deadlines, it isn't nearly as hands on of a position as a Director.

Your lack of reading comprehension is showing. All I said was that Nitendo gets stuck in their ways for a long time and neither Horizon nor Elden Ring will change anything about BotW 2 or any other game they make. That can end up good or bad.

>Producer - Eiji Aonuma
>General Producer - Shigeru Miyamoto, Shinya Takahashi
>Executive Producer - Satoru Iwata
Nope credits disagree, head honcho was Iwata.
Also Producers don't do what you think they do.

people are still excited for open world games?

Producers order around the director because they're job is to keep the budget in line/product on schedule and make sure it's something that will sell