BRAVO MIYAZAKI

BRAVO MIYAZAKI
BRAVO GAME DESIGN

Attached: file.png (2732x1535, 3.52M)

He can create a map thats a work of art better than the fucking Mona Lisa for all give a shit, until he gives me a way to farm larval tears and change my starting class, he will always be a retard.

There about 12 per playthrough, most found in the eternal cities. But yes they should be farmable so you can play around with it more

These games are meant to be played multiple times. How do you not know this when they've been pumping them out since 2009?

If you had to respec, you didn't beat the game.

>change my starting class
Your starting class stops mattering after like 5 levels. This is painfully your first FROM game

Most don't have to time to re-play this bloated mess.

I don't give a shit how they're meant to be, its fucking retarded to ask anybody to play the entire fucking 100+ hour game just because you want to swap back to an old build for the 12th time to pvp.

For pvp retard-kuns, pvp.

The fact that anyone defends this shit being a thing truly shows how much of a sad fucking state the gaming industry is in where even the brain dead retard players haven't evolved their mentality past the early 2010's.

"No"

The "first obstacle" isn't even intended to be a "first obstacle", it isn't reasonable to expect any players to kill the Tree Sentinel right off the bat. The same applies with Margit. Miyazaki should've gone beyond just visually suggesing where to go, he needs to have the actual game mechanics reflect that too. The first dungeon you see right after being introduced to an open area should be somewhere where low level players may be challenged but not feel as though it's insurmountable, with the more difficult area being off in the distance to act as a curiosity for players who are weaker or new and as a challenge for players who are more experienced

On top of that you can't even level up with your runes until you go into a completely random separate area. It would've made more sense to introduce you to the maiden in the church because that's around where one of your first major enemies (the tree sentinel) actually is. So you can easily run into situations where players just wander around, not knowing how to get stronger while they get mobbed by the stronger enemies in the area

This entire approach makes sense if Miyazaki was making BOTW where there isn't a strict progression leveling system. But Miyazaki is not making BOTW where the idea is to let the player "go anywhere" he is making an open world Dark Souls where enemies are meant to be challenging and filter you.

I didn't reach the church because the "first obstacle" implied it was high level area I needed to return to later. Pretty shit game design if you ask me.

why does ubidevs hates elden ring?

this isn't visually appealing to me at all

the first obstacle is the players assumption that they can or are supposed to beat everything they run into. This comes rights after the tutorial cave that gives you a bunch of weak enemies to fight and the first 'boss' that dies in two hits.

I just cheat to imitate a rebirth with the proper stats that I should have with my level. There's no point in dealing with a shitty system if I want to have fun.

Yeah this is a really weird decision. I understand that there is NG+ as with any other Souls game but for as much freedom as they allow the player in this game, it's weird that larval tears are the one finite material in the game.

Attached: 1627442114757.webm (337x600, 2.34M)

Elden Ring is WAY bigger than the previous games though. It's much easier to full clear the other games and grab literally every item on multiple characters in the other souls games. Honestly, this might be the only souls game where I don't make multiple characters. Maybe one for low level pvp? Definitely not multiple high level pvp characters.

Ok, but I'm responding to the image. If the Tree Sentinel is meant to be a first obstacle then it's a shit first obstacle. It clearly isn't designed with the intention that someone who never leveled up will beat it

Probably don't want players to respec for every boss.

>implying the lines are implying

go around lol it's an open world game

>you have to immediately beat a first obstacle for it to be the first obstacle
that's such a retarded shit for brains fucking take. an obstacle is an obstacle precisely because of its definition
>a thing that blocks one's way or prevents or hinders progress.
No you shouldn't be able to immediately leave tutorial and be able to beat your first obstacle in one try because it's Sooper dooper piss easy. that's not an obstacle at all.
You should have to level up to overcome the first obstacle but as plenty of longtime souls players already proved if you have the skills, determination, and power of will you can beat the first obstacle as a level 1 wretch. so once again not only are you wrong. but you're wrong in every facet of your argument.

Can you not just mod in extra larval tears? Pretty sure nexus mods has a CE table?