DS1 is a masterclass in game desi-

>DS1 is a masterclass in game desi-

Attached: bed of chaos.png (1560x868, 2.77M)

gn.

Attached: 1594933291430.jpg (1024x576, 66.06K)

>walk point a to point b
>attack
>you win
wow so hard, just git gud faggot

I don't quite understand this mentality. the fight isn't hard, but it's not exactly enjoyable. fights being hard or easy has no bearing on whether they're well designed or not.

good luck explaining that to a fromdrone

Attached: 1646445579163.jpg (600x701, 87.67K)

Yeah, I can't wait to replay DS to wash the memories of elden ring away.

Memeazaki:
>ruined STR weapons by making character poise worthless.
>enemies can hold grab /attack preparation for years until you roll, then they catch you
absolute shit design.
>empty world, explore half a castle, get rewarded some leaves you can use for crafting
>rehash main bosses 2 times in dungeons
bloat.
>the difficulty increase isn't fun.
even in ds3 bosses had limited combo strings and a decent window to punish. now bosses start spinning, hit you 15 times in a row and you die.

Elden Ring is too long.
Dark souls is straight to the point. ash lake and crystal cave are empty and are run hallways, but it's just 2 areas, not the whole game.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MUH UNGABUNGARINO

Bed of Chaos is a better boss fight than Malenia and Bed of Chaos is complete dogshit.

Anyone notice it makes the exact sounds of John Carpenter's The Thing when the flaming arms pop out?

>ruined STR weapons by making character poise worthless.
The game literally has ds1 passive poise and ds3 unbreakable hyperarmor poise together, if you aren't a coward strength builds have never been stronger.

Elden Ring made me appreciate this boss in hindsight. I'd rather have one-off unique encounters like this even if they're shitty than 50 encounters of epic anime battles that all end up feeling the same.

>The game literally has ds1 passive poise and ds3 unbreakable hyperarmor poise together
the thresholds on both of these are retarded with how high they are. back in ds3 you could armor through the vast majority of things at 40 poise but here 40 poise is just barely enough to get you through basic attacks via hyper armor on select weapons. it's not like armor weight values are particularly generous to compensate for this either and it's not as if we're still in ds1 where gauntlets and legs have the exact stats so you cant pump up poise as crazy anymore. I'm sitting between 40 and 50 poise with the banished knight set and passive poise may as well just not exist they got it right the first time in the network test. dunno why they went full retard on release.

There's no difference from DS3 people were complaining about Sulyvahn the same way they complain about ER bosses

Dark Souls is so good that the people who love it can still accept that it's full of unfair jank and 1/3rd of the game sucks.

No.
I don't know about your terms but my mid-game full radahn was able to withhold 1 strike from a rat/dog before I get staggered. for more advanced enemies it's 0.
you get raped by 2 dogs and have to run away like a bitch, where in any other fromsoft game I could trade or simply kill the small bastards, because they werent input reading cheaters nearly as much as this game.
4/5 estus chugs which are not during enemy recovery window, they punish. it's bullshit.

This
Fuck OP

sully had very clear end points to his combos and didn't transition from 1 combo to the next as quickly. you could also reliably block all his attacks with any decent shield and armor through whatever you pleased if you were willing to just trade. could also reliably parry the guy. you cant afford to trade with most elden ring bosses since nearly all the ones in mid-endgame do minimum 40% per hit. meanwhile trading with malenia just isn't an option. not that you could considering the poise values in this game are rather stringent.

one boss with long strings vs 40 bosses in ER. it's not comparable.

Goodnight user. Sleep well

true

Attached: 1646440251230.webm (570x320, 2.94M)

>fights being hard or easy has no bearing on whether they're well designed or not
We are not talking about elden ring here bro

damn they really just expect you to do 1 katana r1 every 10 seconds and be satisfied, huh?

UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BRO USE YOUR ASHES
YOUR ICY STEPPY
GIT GUD

Yeah that's true, i've found passive poise doesn't get that significant until you get to 80-100 poise. A lot of stuff in the network test seemed better thought out than release. I heard equip load scaled with strength at one point which is probably the most sensible decision they never implemented
A lot of enemies especially rats have specific shove attacks that don't do much damage but can break hyperarmor easily and groups can be a problem but I've had absolutely no trouble trading hits with even some boss attacks with 52 poise, as long as you're swinging before they hit you then it always seems to go through, hell my entire strategy with some late game ogre enemies which are fairly large is just to mindlessly jump attack them to poise break because even if they hit me I just don't stagger.

Bed of chaos is better than 90% of the bosses in ER, im not even kidding.
at least you had to do something different other than roll spamming out of retarded anime 10 hit combos from enemies that jump all over the room and have infinite gap closers.

This doesn't make a boss good, nice mechanics is what makes a bossfight.