Physical PC Games

>tfw just ran out of space on my second 4TB drive
All because I don't like deleting game installers out of paranoia that piracy could be kill one day.
I'm fucking sick of digital media. How stupid would it be to start buying one SD card for each game, design and print labels for them and keep them all like Switch cartridges? That would kind of solve my problem and bring back at least some of the SOVL of physical games. Same for movies and anime.

Attached: sale_nintendo_switch_game_cart_1596528662_f2edf477.jpg (2311x3082, 1.48M)

Very much.

This is why I don't see any negatives to bringing back cartridges in the form of M.2 drives. You're paying for the space anyway. a 1TB SSD is $100. That fits 3-5 games. Why not just add $20 to the game price but include it in a cartridge?

>Why not just add $20 to the game price but include it in a cartridge?
Because I'm not fucking paying $90 for a video game.
Make the games $40 and $60 for physical. Fuck the jews and their profit.

Well, SD cards are quite bad as a long storage solution. The best for your average joe is a large HDD.

>SD cards are quite bad as a long storage solution
Elaborate

Devs just don't care about compression plus forced having to download audio you'll never use. Much like torrent fags don't format their video rips properly so you end up with fucking bloated downloads

rate mine

Attached: elj7elw.jpg (1348x1011, 191.6K)

They lose data quickly when they're not in use. They also easily corrupt.

Best long term storage solution is blu ray, or M disc if you’re really autistic about it. Get a couple of dual layer 100gb BDs and split your library up by year. That way any subsequent additions can go on new discs and remain categorized properly without having to unload your library and re-burn it.

This is the kind of autism I was fucking talking about, any problems so far? Also your labels look like shit, you need a class or two about graphic design.

Attached: 209189036530f74e0fd27e01a5834952.gif (480x270, 1.53M)

i wonder how much does it cost a botw cartridge, maybe 30? 35?

holy autism lmao, it looks cool and all but 2 big HDDs(backup+redundancy) would do the job.

>How stupid would it be to start buying one SD card for each game
It'd be extremely expensive and very foolish. Writable flash memory is prone to dying out of nowhere so 5 or 10 years from now a ton of your games would be dead. It'd be smarter to buy blank blurays and burn a copy of everything on those but even that would still be expensive. At the very least though it'd be like $25 per TB to do the bluray way.
A smarter move would be to buy more HDDs and keep everything backed up in at least duplicate.

Why do you have two copies of multiple games? Even Pokemon isn't even the opposite version. TWO SHIELDS? HOW THE FUCK DID YOU CATCH ZACIAN?

its for the steam deck
i'm gonna have a flip folder with sleeves for them

you know, i'm curious about something only a tech illiterate user like me could be but, is it possible to use the steam back up files to extract the games somehow and play them without steam?

Attached: 1645778781813.jpg (1428x1870, 281.09K)

As long as it's physical, I guess.
How much data does a bluray hold?

Can't you just copy the game files and download the crack only?

I will never not regret downloading Xenoblade 2 with Torna/DLC Bundle

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game but
>16.9 GB
God DAMN. Shit's fat. I have a 256 GB SD in my shit and I am just about maxed out. Downloading DQ11S was also stupid.

Attached: a3e69cb9.gif (480x270, 2.52M)

>play them without steam?
there's some steam emulators out there that mimic the functions of steam's dlls

Single layer BR are 25GB (22.5GB usable) and dual layer BR are 50GB (a bit under 45GB usable if I remember right). Unless something is over 22GB though you'd probably rather use single layer BR because writing can fail when switching between layers and single layer obviously won't have that problem. Dual layer are also more than twice as expensive so they're less cost effective.
More HDDs is the most cost effective and least pain in the ass way to handle it though.

>Make the games $40 and $60 for physical.
How did you get these numbers? Pulled out from your asshole, I presume?

>playing squeenix shit
You deserve it