Gelmar's Hero grave

They have done it.
The basterds have actually created an area worse than everything in all their games combined.
Whoever the fromsoft employee who made this needs to be punished.
Armored Core, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Elden Ring, Kings Quest, this place is the most fucked up area.

Attached: Gelmar's Hero grave.jpg (1920x1080, 415.69K)

it isn’t that bad once you realize you need to jump onto one of the chariot things

It took me almost an hour to figure out

>Make it clear to the player in every other Hero's Grave that even lightly touching any part of the chariot is an insta kill
>Design a dungeon where you have to do the complete opposite of what you thought the player

Attached: 20220306221451_1.jpg (1600x900, 270.44K)

just wait till giant killer heros grave

Wait that chariot thing in the starting area isn't unique, is there anything not copy-pasted and recycled in Elden Ring?

Please No. Nothing can't be more bullshit than this.

Attached: Needy streamer on drugs kangel.png (718x505, 597.22K)

Looks like someone's never played DS2 and done the Frigid Outskirts.

Nothing can ever top that. I don't think they have the capacity to top how dumb and unfun that is.
Also the hero grave with the two Crucible Knights is much much worse.

Just wait until you get to the later Graves. If only you knew how bad shit can truly become.

Attached: 1618276746636.jpg (740x400, 35.02K)

To even get to that point you need to know to jump off into the pits instead of wasting time descending the normal wat, then make sure you make the jump correctly before the horse car reams your ass. Even after I got to that point it took me some trial and error before realising I was supposed to hop off onto the damn thing

I mean it has a platform on it's back that none others do.

You also don't need to ride it, you can just swim through the lava, like in every other Dark Souls game, except it doesn't hurt that much in this one.

>trying to lure it into the light
>it just keeps shouting shockwaves at me from the distance

Attached: 1634072413991.png (664x372, 243.54K)

this is actually one of the nicer graves.

You can't go through the lava fast enough without the chariot reaming your ass.

I only figured it out earlier today because I cleared up through the bloodhound knight and couldn't figure out where to go from there. Oh, OF COURSE you're supposed to drop down onto a tiny platform on the thing that has an insta-kill hitbox if it so much as brushes by you otherwise!

Also having that one alcove where you go right instead of left to get an item and then are LITERALLY TRAPPED there and forced to suicide because it's physically impossible to get anywhere else. Yeah, that was cool.

You can quickstep through it.

I quickstepped through it. Thought it was the intended way though.

Bed of Chaos is worse. Gelmar's Hero Grave was actually kind of fun in how challenging it was. Also it wasn't too difficult when you realize the messages on the ground essentially tell you where to go.

FUCK WHY DIDNT I NOTICE I WASTED HOURS HERE AND GAVE UP

Attached: 1644743071513.gif (320x426, 3.74M)

It took me a good solid few laps around the area before I realized I had to drop on the chariot. It's different from all the other chariots so it should tip you off eventually though.
>Also having that one alcove where you go right instead of left to get an item and then are LITERALLY TRAPPED there and forced to suicide because it's physically impossible to get anywhere else.
this was bullshit though
I heard you can jump over the sides while the chariot goes uphill but I have no idea if it actually works

I didn't even know you could do that. Just use blood dash or quick step.

Ill do you one better, equip the bloodhound weapon that gives you bloodhound quickstep which is insanely fast and makes you invisible temporarily with each quick step

The whole instakill thing is fucking bullshit. It's very clearly a homage to the Executioner's Chariot from DaS2, but in that game you could dodge the spiked wheels at the sides if you were precise enough with your dodge, and I think if you had enough health you might survive a hit.

I think I actually blocked Frigid Outskirts from my mind. Fuck you for bringing those memories back.

I'm a big fan of 2 but lmao2cat is still the only boss in the game I have never bothered beating. Nope, not going back to frigid outskirts, fuck that place. Fuck the blizzard. Fuck the rapedeer with their bullshit hitboxes, fuck it all. I have no idea what they were thinking with that.

I stood on top of the wooden x for like 10 minutes saying, "those bastards wouldn't expect me to jump on that shit right?"

At least each of these minigames have something unique. Much better than copypasting the same exact bosses