Maplestory is going through a shitstorm right now and whales are threatening to quit after they announced 2x Drop is...

Maplestory is going through a shitstorm right now and whales are threatening to quit after they announced 2x Drop is being removed.
The grind in Maplestory is so bad that players need 2x drop rates in order to make money.
Maplestory GMS is 15+ years old, bleeding players like crazy, and they still want to increase the amount of insane grind to progress through the game.

Attached: 0E4D7EA4-BCB2-4C24-8EB2-EF62CE7A5DB6.jpg (748x694, 188.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maplestory.gg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why haven't they tried doing classic MS yet? It's not like they can flop even more. They'd have to do something about skill balance and exp rates though

>we see that after including the amount of purchases using maple points the item is actually purchased at a marginally higher rate but are still removing it because you can't get mesos quickly
Pretty fucking gay but the highest I could get my meso obtained stat was to 60% and even committing to grinding on frenzy for 4 hours to maximize the coupon would still be extremely tiring. I make my mesos through the meso market and while it's not the fastest method Maplestory is a very long game and it only gets easier to progress as more updates come out. Sucks for the whales that blew thousands of dollars to setup perfect meso grinding mules.

Attached: 1618198278371.png (217x243, 35.72K)

>We're bleeding players! how do we keep them playing?
>I know, lets make the grind even longer and more soulcrushing while taking away their cope!
I swear Nexon has to be one of the most if not THE most retarded team of devs.

Attached: 1646710736402.png (1827x2308, 543.54K)

anyone hit 300 yet?

>threatening to quit
They said the same with the potentials or whatever having a fixed rate, they are too adicted to that garbage

Maybe next year
The best part is the new set of dailies where you will need to do them for 2 and a half years straight to max out more symbols.

>that image
Jesus nigger WHAT??
I tried to get past 200 on a private server with 4x and it was already painful

It's the highest crime that the main fucking story is locked behind this grinding and RNG for rolling for your potentials, not to mention the goddamn additional points you need to grind in 200+ areas just to deal proper damage.

>the initial grind from 1-200 is fucking hell
>they heavily nerf it, then add it back in again at level 250-300
I implore anyone who still plays this garbage to just quit

Attached: 1634122447405.webm (570x322, 267.85K)

...people still play maplestory after big bang?

maplestory.gg/
The highest level players are a Kanna and a Bishop. Shitty site that might not be up to date but it's the best I could find. Both are currently 289 and it shows you when they are expected to hit 300 based on their current grinding rates.

does this mean that no one has finished the main story yet?

wait, wait, wait
Getting to 297 is HALFWAY to leveling to 300?

>~3000 days projected
literally almost 10 years holy shit why

Attached: 1645313419542.webm (367x500, 316.01K)

>ten quadrillion exp for one level
idk how to even check how much exp a mob is worth. All the websites for looking this shit up (Sleepywood, Southperry, Basil, Hidden Street, etc) are long, LONG dead.

Black Mage is permadead now, Will is in jail, Lucid and Orchid got off easy. The rest of the commanders are dead. Anyone left is fighting Space Hitler now.

I don't really see the problem, I always see people complaining that RPGs aren't about the journey anymore but in this MMO it is and people are upset? I only tried to play MS once, it seemed chill but couldn't get into it I hate MMO event spam.

I'm actually glad I have no idea what you're talking about. Last time I played maple was pre-bb, honestly didn't even realize it had a story

>RNG to roll potentials
>RNG for scroll successes
>RNG for ADDITIONAL potential
>RNG for flames
>RNG for Star Force
>Do this on all of your equips
>Like 25 different equips for one character

this game has always been ridiculous. Back when you needed to do 2 weeks of Kerning PQ to even hit level 30 we thought it was bad, but we hadn't even scratched the surface.
Who is even playing Maple? I can't imagine it's actually gaining new players in this day and age so it's probably just hemorrhaging the ones who started in like 2008 who play it out of obligation/sunk cost

>Black Mage permadead
Who’s the big bad now?

Maplestory barely had a "journey". It was grindy bullshit from the start.

It's an MMO, people have cleared the main story a couple hours after it gets patched in. The only requirement to complete a story quest is to have a high enough level to access the new areas and if there's a boss to the area you fight a heavily nerfed version of the boss to complete the main story. Doing the bosses to get their equipment is where it requires perfecting gear and getting enough autism force to deal damage. Every boss has been cleared by some top tier whales at this point though.

Attached: 1619390233977.png (360x360, 85.12K)

i lost my e-virginity in maple
now look at it..

If you played when Brawlers and Gunslingers we added then that's when they introduced a single story. Before then you had lore for each individual area with some crossover. Basically the Black Mage fucked everything and killed a bunch of people but he wanted to do so so he could kill god, and when you kill the Black Mage he acknowledges you as the one who can kill got. The other villain is literally Interdimensional Elf Hitler.

they threatened to "quit" for months now. the real things that kill maple are new games like elden ring or whatever, but they're smart enough with the FOMO that the addicts keep coming back for the seasonal events.

Not much of a journey when you barely feel the difference in levels other than time to get to the next one. It's just not satisfying.

It's a MMO the "journey" is the fuckers you have to team up with to beat whatever the 999999999999 hp boss is yeah?

Where the fuck is pre big bang MS classic? I miss the ludibrium and aqua road launch bros...

Attached: 1629919353289.jpg (1024x1014, 223.5K)

the thing is they'll just decrease the exp curve years down the line then add more levels to keep the autists grinding, 1-200 only takes you a few days now and it seems like 250 is the next "finished the tutorial" level they're aiming for in the future.