Greatswords only do 150p more damage than fists

>greatswords only do 150p more damage than fists
>greatswords throw 1.5 hits a second
>fists do 5 hits a second
Gutses sword does 400 with B/D scaling or 349 with A/- scaling. Spiked caetus does 204 with A/- scaling but hits like a JoJo

>Inb4 but damage scales from base damage!
>Inb4 jump attack cope
And applying weapon buffs is way more effective the more the weapon hits, you can easily apply 200 damage buff to your fist which will double the DPS that is already double compared to the greatsword

Using raw daggers is literally more effective than using greatswords

Attached: FMbabXwWYAA-AJK.jpg (3840x2160, 924.6K)

ok but u stagger and look 100000x more cool with a big sword though

dont care. big swords are cooler

I solo'd the game with it. Looked cool.

Swords have range, fists don't. Use your brain, stop making a new thread for every wayward fart of a take you have on this goddamn game

>min/max fags thinking anyone cares about their bullshit
if you dont play around which weapon you think looks the coolest you're a fag plain and simple

>giving a shit about stats in these games
Just play whatever the hell you think looks cool

As others have said, don't care since it looks cool
Had to switch to regular Greatsword moveset for Malenia though. She's too fast and the UGS has way too much stamina cost for not enough stagger damage

Attached: 20220301111439_1.jpg (704x1080, 81.09K)

That doesn't really matter when you're outranged by the enemy either way and stay safe by phasing through their attacks.

>find sword made of swords
>it requiresike 50 strength
Fug

This is cope, smacking people with fists will always look more cool.

How good is Claymore?
I'm not a fan of fuckhuge weapons, but Claymore seems to be fast and strong enough, with a good thrust attack that i'd perhaps like to main it.
Is there a better alternative for it though?

Speed>range Range doesnt mean shit with Ugss

Yeah but I don't overwork my index finger like fast weapon fags

Lordsworn greatsword is carrying me through the early parts pretty well.

You can't stagger shit with fists and you have to be literally in someone's asshole to get a hit in. That, and the only enemies that really matter are so spazzy you're not getting more than a hit or two in regardless of weapon, so you might as well do it with something that actually hurts instead of tickling them.

And this is why you needs weapon trees like Nioh.

Fist fags are the worst in any game. Tons of cool weapons and spells and all sorts of fantasy shit and you want to just punch stuff? You boring ass nigger.

str is shit since poise is garbage

sorcery/incantations>melee

it doesn't matter vs most enemies because they're so fast and many of them jump around
str weapons are easily the worst in this game, but honestly that's fine

>huge stagger on literally everything
>jump attacks are amazing and shift your hitbox
>enemies only give you openings for one or two attacks anyways so big hits are great, especially when they stagger
>much bigger range and much bigger aoe
greatsword is fine

>Burst vs Sustain
Depends on the situation
1v3 Pvp?
UGS for the wide cleave and meaty chunks, doing multiple swings will just make your life worse.
Bossing?
Fist that fucker.

>str is bad! use magic!
Why would I purposely want to make my game easier? I'm not a faggot

range matters because all enemies move around while attacking like spazs, bigger range means less misses and that you'll shit on every enemy that tries to dodge

cant wait to finally unlock Royal Greatsword bros
tho its gonna be sad to dump the gigantic hamemr i have, but also its gonna be nice to see whats infront of my character again

poise is fine , its just not broken like it used to be

Switching between Radahns swords and ruin greatsword, both a great fun

>get little bleed dagger a hour into the game
>just nuked the apostle at the tower of cealid with its ranged blood slash skill
why even swing weapons when the skills are so strong

Attached: reduvia_dagger_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 12.61K)

all the armors have too much cloth in this game

So does this mean punching enemies to death is actually viable in this game? P. based actually.

very viable. ceastus even have spiked variants so they wreck poise and cause bleed

The zweihander