People are still mind-broken over his souls video

>people are still mind-broken over his souls video

Attached: 1640118893550.jpg (900x900, 31.92K)

Which one?

Also where the fuck has he been, hasnt streamed or uploaded in forever

He's making a video game

>What I can say objectively is that Dark Souls 2 is a bad game, it sinks below par. It has several incompetent pieces of design throughout many of the most fundamental parts of the game and a hefty amount of them are in its most celebrated features. The game is far from finished, it's far from refined, it's broken in several areas, is far from a completed work, and that is after they got a second release of the game, which they considered to be the completed work, which is more than the terrible DS1 port got. The fact is by any reasonable and objective evaluation this game falls short, because if it doesn't, then hardly any games do. Because you have to really think to yourself: if you are going to argue why DS2 is actually an amazing game, then make sure your argument doesn't involve feelings, because I don't have time for them

Attached: longman.jpg (900x900, 66.89K)

Who?

Both based. We need people like this now more than ever.

begging him to make the elden ring take down video
on my hands and knees

I've never gotten over the va11ha11a/ papers please video where he criticizes va11ha11a for not being something it never set out to be.
he tried to fit a square into a circle shaped hole with that one.

He's right though, if you want to be a VN just be a VN. Adding half-baked drink mixing mechanics that could have been interesting given more focus is just disappointing. You can't just say "uhhhh it's supposed to be a vn dummy" when it's clear the drink mixing could have been fun if the developers didn't have the "it's just a vn" mindset

he already dropped ER because he disliked it so much
doubt he's making a video honestly

no he isn't. He's a kamyia fanboy who doesn't know good action games from bad ones.

where'd you hear that?

>criticizes DS2 for trying to do things differently
>also criticizes BB, DS3, Sekiro for not doing things differently
a hack

I honestly won't accept anyone's opinions on W101 unless they can prove they've beat it once. That game is a retard filter like none other.

DeS is 95% combat and fighting gauntlets of enemies. He acts like it's some adventure puzzle game when souls was always about combat. It's always been an action rpg. The action-rpg part doesn't mean anything if there's no combat to build your character.

You can do things differently badly you fucking brainlet

By that logic it doesn't mean anything in BB/DS3 where your build is irrelevant.

Thanks to people like you (and Matt) Elden Ring is what it is.

>DeS is 95% combat and fighting gauntlets of enemies
And 95% of that 95% is the actual levels themselves which you had to replay all over when you died, as opposed to modern souls games where the levels are a joke and every boss has a bonfire right outside it's room. Demon's bosses working as well as they did was partially due to them being designed as the final punctuation point to the entire level itself.

he thought BOTW was good so he's a pro open world shittter. "wow muh freedumb to do stuff that isn't even fun or interesting so fun so different"

Dark Souls 2: 2?

>Thanks to people like you (and Matt) Elden Ring is what it is
A critically acclaimed financially successful great video game?

who?

He doesn’t say a single thing of substance here. It ain’t based. It’s vapid.

They changed that because they realized people would just run past all of the enemies and turn it into unnecessary tedium.
Yes, that was their solution.

it blows my mind how zoomers don't understand why bonfires next to the boss room turns it into a shallow action game.

Literally when I played demon's souls It clicks so easily. It's megaman. The archstones are the levels, getting to the boss is as much a challenge as the boss itself, they can't be too hard as you need a reasonable chance to win without memorizes all the patterns, you looks for the gimmick.

You haven't finished either game.

FIFA is critically acclaimed and financially successful too. These are not qualities I personally care about.

>DeS is 95% combat and fighting gauntlets of enemies
4-2 is to this day the peak of Souls level design. Instead of fighting a series of dudes in armor, the player is challenged with a series of tasks and combat puzzles to most effectively clear the way to the boss. The devs knew this was the arguably hardest and longest stage in the game, so they compensated by not making the boss too difficult.

If 4-2 was made today:
1) There would be a checkpoint right before the boss.
2) Old Hero would have x5 times as much health.
3) His moveset would be filled with feints and near-infinite sword swipe combos.
4) He'd have multiple stages which completely change his moveset and render the roll timings you learned thus far pointless.

God I fucking hate modern Souls design.

Elden Ring is everything Matt warned about in his Lost Souls Arts video though. He has always been hardest on From when it comes to them playing it safe with their combat design and blatant reuse of concepts and ideas. Its as if From watched Matt's video and went "Fuck that guy" and made Elden Ring just to spite him.

it's funny how elden ring bosses proved him 100% right about formsoftware's incompetence at designing action combat or action focused bosses.