Any game that offers multiple difficulty options, I always choose normal

Any game that offers multiple difficulty options, I always choose normal.

Attached: 2C43C589-FA13-4A51-A015-1F2B458B128E.jpg (1242x1380, 763.28K)

Yeah.

Attached: 1646609332305.gif (498x372, 2.07M)

It doesn't offer options.
It forces you to choose difficutly.

What's wrong with this? I do this unless it is a genre or series i'm already pretty familiar with.

This is usually the right thing
Hard mode I pick on a replay if I liked Normal, but only if it has real effort and isn't just Normal with inflated HP pools. I don't consider those types of Hard modes as legitimate.

I played AC Odyssey for 180 hours on easy and the enemies always 2 levels below me

same
except if the game gives you better rewards for choosing a higher difficulty, then I choose the hardest because thats more fun

Attached: 1630272400423.png (306x306, 70.22K)

same to be quite honest

every game should have 1 difficulty. how am i supposed to know if normal is going to be too easy or if hard is going to be frustrating trash

>genre I'm good at
Hard/hardest unless the implementation is shit, then normal.
>genre I'm bad at
Normal to start, easy if I have to.
Simple as.

Me too. I loved in Metro 2033 how the hard mode actually changed the way fire fights worked. Enemies took less hits but you also died pretty quickly and stuff.

saved pepes

Attached: Untitled.png (976x459, 153.25K)

If you play Nier Automata pick Hard mode. Normal is just extremely easy

Me too, except for AAA shlock because otherwise they're coma inducing.

>file extensions turned off
jesus christ is this the power of frogposters

based collector
have more

Attached: 1630686286838.jpg (900x900, 63.22K)

More games should do difficulties like Alien Soldier
Two difficulties: SUPEREASY and SUPERHARD
The only major difference is SUPEREASY has infinite continues
Good luck fuckface

Attached: alien-soldier-cover.jpg (650x919, 289.46K)

how hard is insanity in mass effect 2?

One of these is not like the others.

This. I hate having to choose a difficulty. Make an intended experience and let me play it, if it's too easy or too hard I'll adjust.

A tricky subject.
I like my games on the harder side, for the most part. However if a game was designed and balanced around normal, and then they threw in a couple higher difficulties as a quick box ticking exercise, then they're quite likely to be exercises in frustration rather than a fun challenge. This is especially likely to be true of the hardest difficulty in a game that offers more than 3 options.

Example: Modern Warfare 2. "Regular" is a bit too easy if you've played a lot of shooters, "Hardened" is about right, but "Veteran" is only possible with more patience than the game deserves.
It has a lot of sequences where you're supposed to pretty much ignore the enemies (or easily mow them down) and run through the firestorm towards a timed objective.
On veteran you just can't do that. Instead it's an exercise in luck and brute force. You'll die many times and you never feel like you're improving as a result.

Counter-example: The Last of Us 1/2. These feel like completely different games on the lower difficulties vs the hardest ones. The people who consider them cinematic walking sims probably played them on moderate. On survivor and especially grounded, they're wonderfully tense desperate survival simulators. Some of the greatest scrappy, nerve-wracking combat you can find.