Elden Ring thread # 982,422,742,264,875,854,223

Elden Ring bros do not know how to use the catalog, so we need this thread. Discuss the game.

Attached: elden-ring-key-art-1271785.jpg (1200x675, 88.72K)

mods keep deleting the threads that actually want to talk about the game because there are a dozen different shitposting threads already up

Open world is good because it creates a proper overworld rather than making the game feel like a bunch of dungeons linked together, and because it allows players to go somewhere new in case they're getting stuck at a boss fight or specific area, where previously you really only had the option of grinding the areas you've already been to.

The horse is a good addition that breaks up the tedium of these games and all the horse bosses in the game are awesome. Elden Ring made me realize that no other game has had good boss fights for mounted combat before.

Multibosses and summons are good because they break the flow of all the challenging 1v1 fights in the game and allow you to enjoy big aggro battles between NPCs which more games should have. The two were made for one another and using summons during multibosses doesn't trivialize those fights at all, it's what makes them unique and refreshing.

Having crafting and materials everywhere is good because it's fully optional while giving both good and bad players a sense of progression even if they keep dying.

The return of powerstancing and emphasis on reckless build variety complements the open world greatly and makes the whole game a joy to explore.

The story being basically the same as the other games is perhaps not so good for experienced players but it's good for newcomers and this game has some of the best aesthetics of all the games in my opinion, feeling the most Arthurian and Germanic out of them all.

The game is fun Any Forums that's all there is to it.

How the fuck do I get to the rest of this area after killing the Dragonkin Soldier?

Attached: eldenring_80bj7JWEjw.jpg (1234x1389, 324.47K)

Elden Ring might be the first open world game done right.

Attached: 1472005680298.png (1280x720, 1.52M)

>can thrust my giant metal bulge at people AND kill them by blowing bubbles on them
strength/faith chads, we won

Attached: I'm home.jpg (1920x1080, 560.17K)

There are two ways there, neither of which you have access to yet (probably)

Am I crazy or have all these bosses after reaching Leyendell been fucking dogshit?

Nope.
Play Gothic 2.

Do the Ranni side quest.

>modders make the game run better on PC and with less requirements in less than a month than the developers could in how many years
Why does this happen?

Is using the estoc with the parry ash worth it? It feels like the parrying doesn't even work half the time, and I'm not sure if it's the nature of the weapon or my timing. Are all parries equal?

I've been running shield in offhand switching between staff and longsword in my main hand, but now that I have the parry ash I was thinking of dropping the shield and just dual wielding staff/estoc. I also just got the warhawk's talon which looks really cool but seems very inferior to the longsword I got from the gatefront ruins. I'm not sure what the point of it is.

What the fuck is the haligtree? Wolfgirl wants to go there

Play the game?

only thing i found on parries was this image someone posted. i haven't tested much myself, but it seems plausible. parries are like ds3, different frame data depending on shield/weapon type. Bucklers are by far the most generous with quickest startup and longest active frames. haven't seen any data for a parry ash on a sword, but I would assume they have some of the most difficult timing to balance out the fact its a large weapon.

Attached: 1619607997743.png (1644x163, 13.14K)

I am, dipshit.

Clearly not if you're asking where an area is without fucking looking for it and not paying attention to dialogue

Real quick, why is Rennala brain dead? I know she's heartbroken, but I figured that would just make her angry or depressed, not a vegetable.

I've been summoned a total of 15 times for Astel and every single time the connection was broken when he hits about 50%.Wtfff

I am literally looking for it right now. The world is fucking huge, and has several magical trees in it. If I've heard any dialogue about it, which I don't think I have beyond the wolfgirls, then I've forgotten it.
I just want a hint.

I hope you guys didn't cheat and use the Serpent-Hunter.

Attached: 38-StormRulerWhatsThat.webm (600x338, 2.94M)

Nah, every other open world game you feel overpowered 5 minutes into the game.

Elden Ring feels like a proper open world that keeps being challenging all the way through.

Attached: 1437669785543.jpg (800x800, 345.03K)

Does talking to Melina at the Forge of Giants lead into the endgame?

Also is pic related area reachable?

Attached: 20220309180842_1.jpg (1360x768, 409.52K)

how long before some autist beats him melee only no damage?

Only the bosses are challenging.
You can skip the open world with Torrent or even fast travel past it if you like.

>Doing rannis quest
>Enter the coffin after gargoyles and end up in deeproot area
>Say I want to hug fia
>Gideon has changed his dialogue, he's kinda standoffish and only talks about the demigods they can't find
>Got a portal to Leyndell and can explore it
>Haven't even been to Atlus Plateau yet

Things are happening lads.

>winged scythe
>tFTH spells
wtf you niggers lied to me
you guys suck, build better
this is way more fun than my INT playthrough
I don't even have the super cool weapons or spells yet

Attached: 20220309202302_1.jpg (2560x1440, 900.97K)

What a good faith level to supplement STR?

This game is fucking crazy. One of the best games I have ever played

Attached: eldenring_piJ3yGf5g1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.49M)

Pic related is not reachable and doing that nukes the capital so make sure there isn't any loot or anything you want etc etc

Definitely once in a generation game

You can't fast travel to areas you haven't been to and you have to clear out enemies that surround any kind of valuables scattered across the overworld