No seriously though, how the fuck is this so BIG among all these normies?

No seriously though, how the fuck is this so BIG among all these normies?

Like I actually dont get it, most of these people are lost children in the fog in a game like this without quest markers, handholding and with unforgiving combat, what happened? How did it get so popular among the least likely audience? Did they all suddenly decide that getting raped in the ass is fun? Since I could see SOME of these people pretending to like it because "everyone likes it" but not this many

Somethings strange going on

Attached: elden-ring-godfrey-1216x684.jpg (1216x684, 174.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Gbhnfj9cVxc?t=148
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most are just killing shit without the slightest clue about the plot. And if you want to do the quests everyone is reading guides on them

Oh and following guides to kill bosses and become OP early on

they're not actually playing it. They're watching their favorite streamer play it

Marketing. People know GRRM, coordinated push to make it the game of the year therefore encouraging a feeling of fomo

Soulshit is so mainstream you can easily find guides that give you baby easy mode builds or simple lore videos that spoonfeed you all the story

Attached: Vergeel.png (1152x628, 71.82K)

Popularity killed From Software

Most of them are using mimic tear +10 with cheese shit weapons, they either are having literally no problem with the game, or their so absolutely shit that they still die to enemies with shit like that

they play with guides.

>tfw played the game for 100 hours without any kind of summon or magic
>only used dual claws with minimal reach, no shield
>see co-op magicniggers seethe about dying on Any Forums
>haven't been stuck on a boss yet
Feels good.

It had 950 thousand people playing it at the same time

>Somethings strange going on
Normies are marketing geniuses.
They play game.
They stream game
They think
>"WOW IM GON B SO GOOD AT THIS GAME AND 3154546414654 PEOPLE R GON WATCH ME SO IM GON B RICH AND FAMOUS!!! LIKE N SCUBADIVE"
And more normies buy into the craze thinking it will make them interesting.

Are you forgetting the "hardcore realistic" survival game fad from a few years ago? It's not really any different from those kind of games in terms of being casual unfriendly(no map markers, hard combat, no handholding). Turns out the average normalfag can handle that shit just fine, just like normalfags were able to handle it decades ago in mainstream games. AAA companies were just overcorrecting out of fear.

People new to the series didn't internalize any of the aribtrary rules we like to give ourselves, they'll summon an NPC, an ash and a friend if they have to, but they won't be beating their heads against the wall for that long at all, unless they find out they enjoy that, and become "one of us".
The game isn't all that hard if you use everything it gives you. It's what people have been saying for over a decade at this point every time the easy mode discussion comes up.

It's conversely very funny to watch souls purists go absolutely bonkers when a streamer plays DS1 for the first time and trivializes it by finding out about Poise and just haveling through all the content
People need to lighten up just as much as other people need to learn to give challenge a chance
youtu.be/Gbhnfj9cVxc?t=148

and about 1/4 of the people who bought the game didn't even get to roundtable hold. A 1/3rd didn't even get past margit and it continues to drop off from there. These are the normies who dropped the game and decided to go watch someone else play or maybe even dropped it completely

Attached: 1628971928806.png (1446x472, 103.19K)

>Why is good game popular?
I see you don't keep track of information within your own board or social circle, autist. Just look at Any Forums and its daughter boards like /vg/ or reddit and you'll see the game catching on like wildfire. This isn't strange at all.

These are above average numbers especially for a game like elden ring where you can reasonably put in dozens of hours before beating godrick

Right, it's part of it being an RPG. Diversity of approaches all being valid, some of them naturally vastly stronger than others.
Just play Sekiro if you want a more curated challenge. It's actually my personal favorite of their games too, so I don't even mean to dismiss people's preferences by saying this.

Zoomers have never had a game that wasn't a constant stream of endorphin producing flashes of light. This is mind blowing to them and they're finally learning how to expect better things out of games.

Attached: 3D chess.jpg (970x545, 114.99K)

>constant stream of endorphin producing flashes of light.
this just sounds like the first generation of arcade machines. pathetic post.

Ubisoft and Horizon devs are trying to shut Elden Ring down because more and more people are waking up to their own potential as capable gamers while realizing that triple A studios have been suppressing their power and actively trying to keep them down.
Souls games were never big hitters like Assassins Creed so everyone was able to relax and keep hush hush about this potentially dangerous franchise, hoping that one day it will just die out. The fact that Elden Ring is not only a megahit but also a bigger seller than Call of Duty Vanguard, Horizon Forbidden West and any Far Cry games means that things have officially just gone CODE RED and they're facing a fucking epidemic now.
Ahmed and Dr Shelekstein are freaking out on twitter because they see this as the end of an era of exploitation they've worked so hard to build up. They've made so much bank off brainwashing the masses into thinking they're weak and then selling them "optional accessability items" and they don't want to see it end.

Attached: 1624416215721.webm (1920x1080, 716.21K)

I think the real reason is that, contrary to what publishers and Any Forums think, the average person is more then capable and most importantly willing to play a game that doesn;t hold their hand at all times. The industry lacks faith in its players.

>Zoomers Zoomers Zoomers Zoomers Zoomers!
Shut the fuck up, seriously. You've never talked to someone born after 1998. Considering minecraft is a zoomer classic, your post is retarded.

>The industry lacks faith in its players.
More like they want players to stay weak so that they remain dependant on publishers to help them through a game. That way they can sell microtransactions to make a game easier.

It's fucking evil and manipulative but this is the way it's been for a long time now. You blame that on capitalism.

I wonder how many copies will be returned in the next week or so.
I read some Amazon reviews, and they're full of salty retards who died repeatedly to Margit and called the game shit because they couldn't be fucked to git gud. The games sales are purely from the trailers making it look like Skyrim 2.0 and discount Tolkien supposedly being involved.