Why Dark Souls is better than Elden Ring

Dark Souls was a niche game. It had a focus as an immersive game where the game was a slow paced action fantasy game where every move counted. Every, roll, every shield hit, every attack would drain most of your stamina. The bosses were slightly faster than you at times but they complimented your slower and clunkier movement with theirs. Slower isnt always necessary worse, in fact that played into dark souls tense combat system. It actually made positioning count instead of a rhythm game where you had to time a bosses attack frames at their beat. This also left room for many more interesting and unique bosses in Dark Souls that gave openings for different playstyles like poise builds, shield builds, rolling builds etc

Then DS3 came out. It tried mimicking Bloodbornes speed because Miyazaki wanted to one up himself from Bloodbornes success. The cancer that was DS3 manifested itself into what is Elden Ring today and it ended up leaning into meta faggot plebbitors who thing rolling endlessly makes for good combat

Elden Ring/DS3 are no longer the same game Dark Souls once was. Every boss boils down to roll fests do to bosses insane speeds. Because poise is dead, shields get shredded and stamina bars feel infinite now, every boss feels like the same bloodborne esque boss where bosses spam attacks like they are from DMC with very little openings. This would be okay if the game was fucking Bloodborne, however its still at Dark Souls 3s much slower and clunkier speed which causes an imbalance. This results in much more boring bosses that all feel and play the same

Will we ever go back to the Dark Souls speed? Probably not. Miyazakis biggest critical success was Bloodborne and its biggest commercial success was DS3. Now Elden Ring is being praised while selling infinitely and it will just make him continue in this direction with an awful combat system thats still a decade behind

>t. beat Elden Ring and every major boss

Attached: OaS.jpg (1280x720, 142.73K)

k

dark souls 1 is dated as fuck. even 3 is better even if doesn't have as much soul, and elden is better in every way.

Terrible argument. OoT is a dated game and i feel like its much better than BOTW and even its combat

botw is much better than oot
elden ring is much better than dark souls
cope, seethe, dilate, have sex. rent free.

>Dark Souls was a niche game.
No, it was extremely popular for an action RPG.
Seeing that your opening statement was incorrect I'll disregard the rest of your post.

>Dark Souls WASNT a niche game
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you know millions of people who were playing it when it came out? It took a long time until it gained huge popularity. Its the same fucking retarded logic where Any Forums thought Persona was inanely popular like a decade ago

Get your head out of your ass

Attached: aaaaaaap.png (867x766, 583.27K)

all souls games are 1000% inferior to the first person melee genre (Mordhau, Chivalry)

>wahhh i have to heckin roll how could they
only happens if you play a suboptimal str tranny build. magic allows you to completely avoid roll spamming

dark souls was way more popular than demon's souls, and exploded even more once it got to PC

elden ring just feels like a chore to play

Out of the ones I played I would rank them

Sekiro > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls = Elden Ring > Dark Souls

I never really cared for Dark Souls' setting so couldn't get into it but beat it anyway

>stealth bloodborne thread

Attached: Snoy mindset.png (1400x1084, 979.07K)

Thanks for the faggy Reddit post. This is now a vidya ass thread

Attached: 1646334664008.png (850x629, 689.41K)

The evolution of the souls series is a classic example of normalfags ruining something great by not understanding what was good about it in the first place and causing the devs to pander to them. They criticized the “clunky” combat without understanding what that adds to the game’s immersion and groundedness. They endlessly talk about bosses as the highlight of the game without understanding the importance of the delicate pacing and expertly crafted levels that led up to them. They praise the game’s difficulty without understanding that the difficulty was only there to make the player think carefully about their decisions, not just to try to make the game like ninja gaiden. They love artorias and 2-phase bosses like O&S, but don’t understand that these bosses were good mainly because of the contrast between them and everything else.
Dark souls 3 is the epitome of everything wrong with modern souls. It feels like it was literally made by a fucking redditor who completely missed the point of ds1 and demons souls.

GAME?

Not really. 3 is terribly average and bland and doesn't exactly try to innovate on anything. It has the smoothest gameplay of all three but nothing else but the DLC sticks out. Exactly three memorably bossfights.
DaS2 was way more innovative but overall an utter garbage of a souls game, best hub, literally the only good thing about the game.
DaS1 is easily the best in the trilogy, 3 gets a pity second place and 2 is just the ugly stepchild.
There is a little bit of bias towards 1 because it's the first in the series and the baseline of what the games should be, 2 didn't deliver, 3 went back to the roots but lost a part of its soul in the process.

>Do you know millions of people who were playing it when it came out?
Yes
Demons Souls was a niche title, but sold slowly and steadily
Dark Souls was super popular upon release thanks to multi platform and demons souls word of mouth

I apologize for making this 3x3 and spamming it for years on Any Forums. Elden Ring, despite being fun at times, is also extremely boring. The casualization and dumbing down is a negative for sure, but it gets overshadowed by the disaster that is the boredom and flaws that are inherent to an open world map. Exploring the open world was fun at times, but once you realize the copy paste elements and once the initial awe of the art direction and vistas are gone, you realize what it truly is: running around looking for the fun parts, while in previous soulsborne games, the entire game was the fun part. I was never bored with any of the soulsborne games, but Elden Ring is the first one that bored me. I am overleveld, I kill bosses way too fast, there is no challenge, no sense of overcoming difficulties like past soulsborne games. I don't even have a desire to replay Elden Ring, thanks to the retarrded massive boring map. The STRUCTURED, CONDENSED, FOCUSED and FINE-TUNED worlds of the previous soulsborne games offer a far superior GAMING experience.

Elden Ring is a dilution of almost everything that made the previous soulsborne games good. Elden Ring is without a doubt the worst soulsborne game. I will NEVER EVER post this 3x3 again. I am sorry Any Forums.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1000x1000, 472.81K)

I apologize for the opposite, I was shitposting Elden Ring for months on end and now that I tried I can safely say its the most enjoyable game I have ever tried ever since Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas, I'm genuinely sorry for shitposting about Elden Ring because its truly the GOTY of this year and I'm sure people with my taste will enjoy it for years to come

completely based and well said user. Im glad i made this post just to see kino like what u said

Attached: HOLY.jpg (640x640, 79.16K)