What happened to FF16?

Did Square Enix give up on it? There hasn't been any significant update on it since the day it was first revealed back in 2020.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 18-08-27 Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Final-Fantasy-XVI-16.jpg (JPEG Image 1200 × 675 pixels).png (1200x624, 1.67M)

Dead on development

THEY SAID
WAIT FOR SPRING FOR NEWS

SPRING IS STILL 3 MONTHS LEFT

THEY DONT WANT TO SHOW FFXVI UNTIL SOP LAUNCHES AND SETTLES IN

JESUS PEOPLE CALM THE FUCK DOWN

The memes killed it

Why is the XIV MC shopped in

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's never coming out
Dude

At this point it'll probably be complete and ready to launch the next time they show it.

I hope it's dead, it looks so boring and generic that it literally doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy.

Sure buddy...

The clowns are in town today!

Forspoken is the real FF16.

Attached: forspoken.jpg (1200x630, 180.6K)

I'm hoping next time we see it, it's more than just jap witcher 3.

Because they're indistinguishable

Go play your pixelshit 1990 game and cry over muh time jannies then

The DioField Chronicle looked just as bland and uninspired, they didn't want competition.

Has more soul than your 16th kusoge Witcher clone.

>We was Valkryies in shieet
Sorry not buying your empty monkey game get fucked

Attached: 99CA7B7A-837C-4F59-A202-D42071CDCE4C.jpg (828x886, 332.48K)

Yeah pretty much. It was a false promise.

this. When that trailer and when the Valkyrie one started I was sure both of them were FF16 because they looked just as fuckin boring.

But obviously not good or successful enough to get a remake
>muh nostalgia
Just die of old age already

diofield chronicle looks exactly like FFXII, FF tactics and tactics ogre borefests and now you faggots finally noticed

Don't care, give me 7R-2 news.

I knew it wasn't going to be any earlier than 2023 when they first announced a delay of news updates. I'm more worried that this delay of Forespoken to October is going to shift EVERYTHING back from SE. FFXVI, FF7R-Part 2, the next Kingdom Hearts. These games being bad and having rocky development periods is actively hurting their future investments

Nah. That game can fuck right off. Shit is going to bomb so Square should just push it out and get it over with.

SE can't release any of their major games on schedule, user. It wasn't a Nomura problem but one with the management itself.

I think Square is finally getting tired of numbered mainline FF games. For FF, you'll probably see remakes and spinoffs from here on out. Most new Final Fantasy games will have subtitles instead of numbers.

I think Square Enix is going to switch the spotlight over to new IP like Forspoken and Valkyrie Elysium.

Attached: (2758) Forspoken NEW Gameplay Trailer Sony State of Play March 2022 - YouTube - 1 21.jpg (1383x778, 131.15K)