Serious thread about SE

Ever since Squaresoft merged with Enix, the company has become insanely incompetent. So many shitty games being made, senior staff besides Kawazu walked out, and the CEO keeps making dumb decisions. All of their games from State of Play to their previous output nowadays has been embarrassing. What the fuck happened to them?

Attached: ogp_square-enix.png (1200x630, 17.78K)

Jensen got the last laugh

keep seething cuck lol

Attached: super flop.png (1032x877, 691.24K)

nothing, you're just a cynical cunt

Games between 2003 up to 2007 were stilm somewhat enjoyable

Final Fantasy 13 is where it went actualy downhill

Name one good game made by Enix before the merger
>protip: you can’t

but Live a Live

Dragon Quest? I never played it but it seems loved by anons here.

I don't want to defend squeenix since they're a bunch of retards but even if you disliked the games on the state of play they still announced a shit ton of games
>the live-a-live remake
>the dq3 remake
>dq12
>chaos games
>chocobo gp
>triangle strategy
>star ocean
>ff16
only one future game that's actually disliked by everyone it's forspoken, and that's mainly because the MC is a nigger

lolita mansion

Square Enix is a JRPG company trying to sit at the "Big Boy's Table" with the Western AAA boys. When it's trying to make mid-tier JRPGs, it does a very competent job- Nier Automata and DQXI were amongst 2017's greatest hits, while Octopath Traveler and apparently now Triangle Strategy are doing well enough to spearhead the 2DHD style. Remakes like the Trials of Mana Remake are extremely soulful, while IPs like FFXII, Live-a-Live and Chrono Cross are regularly given updates, love and new lives.

On the other hand, they utterly fail at being a Western AAA publisher. It seems like they've killed any franchise that didn't make billions, such as the Tomb Raider franchise and the Deus Ex franchise, and any non-FFXIV crack into AAA live service regularly sees them punished. You can almost split the company down the middle and see where the divide lies: the radiational half of SE lets all JRPG IPs except for FFXV and perhaps FFVIIR still live in this idyllic world where budgets don't need to be overblown on a middling, overproduced supergame; while the Western AAA half eats shit, and even if people had fun playing the game there's still a good chance SE reports that it underperformed and kills the franchise.

The situation got a lot worse when Wada left the company. I'm not saying he wasn't a shit CEO but most of the chaos during PS3 generation was due to terrible console architecture and Japanese developers struggling to create games because of it. You can see it in FFXV, mindless Western cocksucking started there and Versus was killed for it. It's not a coincidence that the same team is making Forspoken now.

Why is it that only SE gets this tremendous amount of autism, while literally every single company has good and bad games all around?

They release nothing but shit and their fanbase is mindbroken as a result.

Because SE is supposed to be "the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest company". So when they try and dabble into being a AAA publisher, the stink and badwill feels even stronger. Especially when some of its fans grew up playing FFVII-X, some of the highest highs for any company. Some of us didn't even know there were other games outside Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy because those were all we needed.

I think it's just a sign of times changing around that merger.
Games development started to be prohibitively expensive, which caused both the merger and changes in games to the worse.
Japs don't do that well with giant budgets and big ambitions in general. You gotta keep them at autistic amateur level if you want them to make real gold. All this big corpo shit is not about them.

Both TWEWY games are pretty cool.

Because tards in this board have a really weird nostalgia googles over SquareSoft when they too release mediocre games back in the 90's. There's a reason why Wada shelved all of those other IPs and pump FFs after FFs during his reigh. None of those mediocre non-FF PS1 game sell. And now Matsuda is reviving those mediocre IPs, they're surprised that they're well, mediocre. Triangle Strategy, NEO Twewy and possibly SoP seems good. People on this board been loving it.

Squaresoft during the PS1 days were some of the best vidya they made.
>Front Mission games
>Einhänder
>Parasite Eve
>Brave Fencer Musashi
This isn't even mentioning their biggest hits. I would say that during the HD-era is where they messed up though. HD development costs probably killed off all of their experimental titles.

Take off your nostalgia google. Those game are at most 8.5/10s. Hardly "best of vidya".

I said "best vidya they made", not "best of vidya". I played most of these recently on duckstation and they still hold up. There are no nostalgia glasses here bro.