Fighting Malenia

>Fighting Malenia
>Dash-Stab
>immediately jumps up for a flurry rush.
>No counter play
>instantly die
>Next attempt
>Summon Phantom
>win
>still get achievement

The last time they did a balance patch to a boss was Dark Souls 2. Let's hope it's not the last time.
I don't want the fight to be easier, I want it to be more fair.

Attached: Malenia.png (315x67, 21.66K)

>super duper plused up mimic
>learn enough of the fight to be able to dodge when she focuses on me
>let my mimic do the lion's share of the damage while I take pop shots whenever a safe opening is there
>bitch dies
ezpz
>inb4 NOOOOOO YOU DIDN'T REALLY BEAT HER UNLESS YOU FOUGHT HER NAKED WITH A CLUB
my achievement says otherwise

Attached: 1618857598841.jpg (1050x1322, 115.5K)

She needs either less health or less healing done. Something needs to be done about the flurry move but I'm not sure what.
The main problem is if she does the move, shit's basically over. It comes down to RNG and makes winning over her feel hollow, as if she let you win by not doing the move.
Her telegraphs in phase 2 are awful as well since the wings cover her up

Flurry move would be fine if there was some way to predict when she will use it to some degree of accuracy.

>runs radagon's soreseal full time
>35+5 vit
>has not even noticed that he picked up this
The "Waaaah why do I die in one hit" starter pack.

Attached: dragoncrest_shield_talisman_talisman_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 13.88K)

I would cut the healing entirely until phase 2. give an extra 2 seconds to the wind-up, enough for you to still get out of your current animation, and get just far enough away.
Also, in phase 2 when she does her jump with the flower spirits attacking, the camera should pan down while focused. It's really hard to see the spirit attacks coming because your character is blocking some of them.

I've heard a ton of attempted explanations, but no one can agree on when it happens.
Some say it happens at 60% health, and 20% health. Some say it only happens when she's far enough away.

Nigger it's literally roll back once roll forwards twice to dodge it. How is it difficult?

Show a video of you doing it then.
Not while you're over on the other side of the room, I mean you directly dodging all three waves of the attack.
The first wave lasts longer than your I-frames last, so I know you can't, but go ahead and prove me wrong.

I've seen her never use it and I've seen her use it up to 3 times back to back, there's no fucking pattern its just a random part of her movement that she can use whenever she feels like.
I have one theory that she does it on low posture since I've been able to just stagger her out of it by hitting her quite a few times but that would require a lot of testing to prove/disprove and I'm not nearly autistic enough to do that.

>No counter play
You can also block the first part and avoid the rest.

Attached: Malenia Dodge.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>Only counter-play being shield and high endurance, or a specific weapon art
so for most of us there's no counter-play?
I'll never respec for a single fight.

Most builds should be viable to some extent, like in the previous games

>high endurance
You don't need high endurance. I blocked it with a Brass Shield and just used the Greatshield Talisman. It worked fine.
I agree most builds should be viable. The flurry should be able to be rolled normally. I was just replying to the guy stating there was no counter play at all, which is blatantly untrue. The flurry requiring these tools is a design flaw for sure.

Oh there definitely is counter play, you're right, I misinterpreted

Fuck both of you, I have mimic level 10 plus moonveil and mlgs +10. This bitch was so fucking tiresome.
>hehe how about massive health pool and a second phase on top?
>how about every move I do regens my health :p
>oh here are two anime bullshit attacks you can‘t break poise? Oh you pressed r1 one time too much? Hope you like dying or giving me 1/4 of my health back ;p
> second phase is literally aizen from bleach
>hehe how about a huge aoe that inflicts heavy posioning?
>massive healthpool boogalo part 2
>every attack ends with poison attack
>also did I tell you I can still regen my health? ;)
Fuck malenia that whore

>or a specific weapon art
Just put a dagger with one of those dash dodges in a second and swap to it when she winds up the combo.

I also love how she just endlessly chains the couple of quick cuts in front of her into the teleport behinds you move until you run out of stamina and die.

this shit is retarded. She;s not difficult, just run away when she goes in the air and then dodge back for the second volly of attacks and then dodge into her for the third. Its not hard, you just have to pay attention.

the number is low because I'm 110 hours in and haven't been to the capital
most people aren't rushing there probably

Except she can pull it at any time and pulls off that move about 3 - 4 times in her first phase only. You also can't consistently bait it and if she does a couple of random other moves and then pulls out the judgement cut its a one shot