You are gonna do a ''Non-summon'' run?

Right Any Forums...?

Attached: mimic_tear_ashes_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 17.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xCu8PBoj-Ks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I only summoned for the invisible asshole in the cave

I was doing that for my first run until I got the shadow clone one, waaaaaaay too fun to not use.

The shield skeletons are actually better than this, stop obsessing over it.

I'm not going to do any kind of run after I beat Elden Beast. Never touching this shit game again.

lol

no amount "you didn't beat the game" crying will stop me from summoning my jellyfish every time I can.

God no.
The mimic tear is easily the best summon for tanking in the game, since unlike other summons it actually dodges and blocks shit.
It is literally just you but with a shit ton more health and defense at higher levels, to the point where even when you're wearing the exact same armor, an attack that would deal like 600 damage to you deals maybe 150 damage to your mimic.

>Can't pose with mimicbro
2/10 game

Mimic just wants to bro it out with you. You wouldn't deny him that, would you?

No

Attached: 1646665680716.png (1129x1193, 649.88K)

I put on pic related when I summon it, then quickly switch to the Axe version and sword. Closest I'll ever get to playing co-op with a gf :(

Attached: 20220307194422_1.jpg (600x801, 129.21K)

/this

No.
I started to summon as soon as I see bosses I've already fought or it's yet another duo boss cancer, also I've passed the point of caring because I find most of the bosses to be kinda shit with AOE spam or flailing about like an autist.

Plus I'm using dual fists and punching the ever loving shit out of a boss with the mime is fun. Speaking of, anybody happen to know what good fist weapons there are? I'm using the Grafted Dragon + Katar with bleed.

Maybe of from make the bosses fun to fight clean or at least make the player as fast or almost as fast as the enemies.

Don't mind me, just doing some DP with my boy

Attached: 1.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>He didn't summon mimic for the stray mimic tear bossfight

Need a doujin of this

The whole point of the summon is to distract, not do damage. I find the shield guys better for my personal experience.

I summoned for the first time in 40 hours, it was Oleg to help with a black knife assassin fight thinking it would give me some space to heal. He stunlocked the floaty faggot to death. I hadn't upgraded him at all. He looked like he was having more fun than me

Attached: wgFT.jpg (920x658, 98.99K)

>The whole point of the summon is to distract, not do damage
Maybe if you use the shitty ones, the actually good ones do both.

>Tear on half HP before even phase 2
Yup, that was easily a wipe.

>The whole point of the summon is to distract, not do damage.
Right, and the mimic tear is better at being a distraction, since, again, they actually dodge and block attacks on top of drawing aggro.
Which means they won't die in 5 hits to the later bosses.

Mimic never works for me. It just fidgets around, never attacking.

uh yeah you are gonna do a 100% no-melina SL1 walk-only fists run, right?

Oh yea, and mimics will also heal, but they function like NPC invaders/phantoms insofar as they can only heal once.

You need to equip yourself with gear an NPC would use, get rid of EVERY incantation etc unless required.

Yeah, I really think there should have been a story benefit to not taking the bell at the beginning of the game to account for it. A secret quest it starts or soemthing

Nah. Mimics are total, absolute chads. I staggered Radagon and my mimic ran up and did the critical hit, it was kino. He’s saved my life multiple times. And if the game is gonna throw bullshit at me like duo crucible knights or duo gargoyle, I’m gonna throw bullshit back at it.

>or duo gargoyle
Fuck I hated that fight so much.

Miyazaki wanted us to use it. That's why it's in the game

The ash summons are kinda fun, I like how they all behave really different and have drastically different stats.

Mimic breaks boss fights, but the rest are fun.

There's literally no reason not to use it except for "cred" from a bunch of smelly virgins

not totally related but is DS2 hard without summons? i'm about to beat it and only died twce against glass knight and the chariot, with a single npc summon bosses get laughably easy

Based, sweatlords can limgrave my finger.

I was the “solo only” type of person but I started using mimic tear to get lazy bosses like the Godskin Duo over with. The game is just padded with too many recycled pushover bosses. A lot of people say “if From is gonna throw bullshit at me, I’m gonna use bullshit,” my approach is “if From is gonna be lazy, I’m gonna be lazy”
I still solo’d Malenia and Mohg cause they’re actually fun to fight and learn

Yeah I hadn’t summoned or really focused on a build yet so they made me get my shit together. Came back with moonveil and the mimic and it still took a couple tries.
>mfw mimic using moonveil ash, you’re issuing moonveil ash, super-u anime-u

not really, dlc bosses will test you though

maybe

Attached: 1080p-dmc55se-vergil-dopple-01_swsx.jpg (1920x1080, 346.61K)

Nah, you get way to many souls and you can heal way to much

I never summon in Souls games on the first run.

Of course, every run is a non-summon run, I'm not a shitter.

>me and my moonveil bro doing the same thing

Attached: 1638573049951.jpg (912x676, 109.3K)

It's okay if you use the mimic. As long as you accept that it's the mimic that won those fights, not you.

The they patch the game to no longer allow enemy's to break the laws of physics and change their attack trajectory mid air then sure. Worst part of the game by far.

cool, can you access the dlc after killing the final boss or is it over like in DS1?
ikr? and so far almost all of them were dudes in armor

I only summoned for bosses that have a second phase

I used him for Commander Niall but that's it lmao

>Mimic knows to down a flask when the boss is stunned
Noice

youtu.be/xCu8PBoj-Ks
This games all kinds of fun, Sword of the night Flame got pretty silly too but in a good way.

That fight literally almost filtered me. Then I found the mimic and I came back and stomped them so hard with the mimic first shot. Ever since then I dont mind using the mimic. The game keeps throwing you in 2 v 1, 3v1 situations and the Godskin Dou was trivial with the mimic but next to impossible without it. Yeah im pretty terrible at the game but I was doing fine solo until the Valiant Gargoyles.

I don’t care about the cred but the summons genuinely do make it too easy to be engaging. I didn’t feel like fighting the Godskin Duo because the fight was taking ages and it took forever for me to find an opening, so halfway through the fight I summoned the mimic and started going to town on them with no strategy and won

The opposite, I wil do a pokemon run where I will only allow my summons to attack and deal damage. Furthermore, no mimic tear allowed.

Attached: 1638547872670.png (233x258, 62.14K)

summoned for the invisible assassin
summoned for the watchdog with gargoyle spam
summoned for the demi-human duo and their minion spam

Okay stranger on the Internet, thanks for informing me of your opinion on my playthrough of a single player game. Maybe I’ll start a YouTube channel and you can go seethe over there too!

No, why would I bump myself ?

Basado

Given how defensive you are you seem to understand that I speak the truth.

does the mimic copy the GRADE of your flask like the mimic boss did?
>boss takes a sippy
>7/10 of it's health bar replenished
fastest I've ever crafted an albinauric pot.

What's the most entertaining mimic setup? I'm not talking about most damage like rot breath. I like the front flip ash of war. He looks so funny spamming it.