Games that have horrible pacing issues?

Games that have horrible pacing issues?

Attached: omorii.jpg (576x576, 99.2K)

Bloodborne

i think most of the complaints about bad pacing would go away if the game was more explicit about the dream world segments being filtered versions of memories from sunny's past, and not just toys he was playing with growing up and other shit like that.

FFXIV

I hate myself for saying it because it feels like a pretentious cop-out answer, but the loooooong drawn out headspace sections work well on a first playthrough since their length effectively make you forget about the plot development happening in the real world, paralleling how Sunny uses it to suppress his past. Call it "ludonarrative consonance" or whatever.

The bad thing about them is that once you have experienced the game once they are a slog to get through, which is made worse since the game has two alternate end games that you probably want to experience. The game would improve immensely if the route choice was made on "one day left" instead of 20 minutes into a new game.

Attached: 1639069158370.jpg (1024x760, 372.68K)

Every Xeno games except Xenoblade 1. Even then it still isn’t great.

Psychonauts 2. The whole ending was a 2 hour long cutscene

I'd be better if the main bosses had some actual lore significance. I get that Headspace is meant to help Sunny suppress his memories and help him escape from his life, but a lot of the shit done in Headspace feels completely meaningless. Headspace actually becomes really kino once you enter Deeper well. Wish it had some more kino moments elsewhere.

Some of the dream world segments drag on for far too long. Sweetheart castle being the biggest offender.

Elden Ring

Yea, I ended up on the hikki route my first playthrough, and am waiting a while before I go back to play it again for this reason. It's already been about a year and I'm not quite at that point of having forgotten stuff yet.

What part does the 2 hour ending start at?

The route choice is actually made several hours in. After you go through Otherworld. It's better to just get a save file from the internet and start from there right away.

I found the Hikikomori route to be a slog, though. It fleshes out some of the headspace characters, but everything feels meaningless in the end.

I thought the headspace sections were perfect-length on my first playthrough. I immersed myself a lot into this game, so I didn't even notice I spent several fucking hours in Sweetheart's castle alone.

the route choice is 2-3 hours in unless you went out of your way to grind or secret hunt
which also means the actual good parts of the game don't start until right after steam's refund window closes, which i think was a mistake

Yeah, the headspace should've completely changed once Sunny got out with Ken on day 2 onwards. Seeing all his friends grown up and completely changed should've sticked to his mind so much that he wouldn't be able to filter it out through Whitespace. Plus this way you get the chance to do a TRUE hikki route with a completely different dream playthrough.

I get why this wasn't done, though. It's way too much fucking work.

>The route choice is actually made several hours in.
I forgot it's after the Space Boyfriend fight and not during the Basil blackout that happens at night. Still, if you could tell Kel to fuck off on day 2 and switch routes it would save some tedious repetition.

Omori’s a game for trannies and /omog/ ERPers

FF14

it would be better if the game didn't drag you through generic dungeons stretched by basic bitch combat and awful writing.

BLACK SPACE already leaks into Headspace sometimes. It'd be fucking great if Headspace became more and more corrupted by it as the days went by. Feels like a wasted opportunity, but it sounds like a pain in the ass to actually develop

The whole Sweetheart arc is the worst part of the game. It drags on for way too fucking long

yeah like I said I get why they didn't go for it, it already took them a decade to just do the game we have now, no way they could've done something as complicated as that. But still, it would've been cool

My life :(
The 21-29 arc has been pretty uneventful and depressing. I think I am ready for the final boss

They also cleverly delivered it right after they make you realize the dream world is a worthless cope which won't affect anything in the real world. You just want to get through it as fast as possible to get back but they start throwing a nonstop pointless shit at you.

I found Humphrey to be much more boring, but neither are especially exciting.

>mfw Deltarune pulls the same shit too
at least I can cope for the next 10 years that Toby won't be as retarded and will actually make the dream world affect the real world until chapter 3 comes out and is revealed that Berdly is alive on snowgrave because fuck you gamers don't die they respawn xd

Blackspace / Something was constantly leaking into headspace from the start, what else did you want?