"Japanese game doesn't fit my particular tastes in design choice? Haha those Japanese are all dumb!"

>"Japanese game doesn't fit my particular tastes in design choice? Haha those Japanese are all dumb!"

Attached: FNZ9fJWWQAYxbEb.jpg (812x767, 87.75K)

it's dumb as fuck
why won't japan learn

I hate when equipment and usable items aren’t separate fuck this Twitter nigger and kill yourself op for posting this garbage

LMAO @ the normies getting their first taste of Soulsboring gameplay and not understanding the reasoning behind all the nuances.

This is what the game would look like if FROM listened to all the whiners.

Attached: Elden Ring casualized.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

That is actually dumb though. Why can't I equip armor from inventory?

>myazaki makes the literal goat video game
>western devs literally seething so hard their arteries will burst

>Equipment
For fast equipment switching, quick weapon swapping

>Inventory
When you got time to read the lore, browse through all the shit and inspec harder

Is it that hard to understand?

Attached: 1646451380905m.jpg (723x1024, 123.86K)

it's a feature (don't complain about japanese games)!

Yeah the ui stuff can get a bit annoying sometimes but it’s really not a big deal. Definitely could be improved but it’s not terrible by any means, yet these dramatic twitterfags act like it’s the worst thing to happen in the history of videogames.

Is this a thing? I watched a few videos now of western tranny devs absolutely SEETHING that FromSoft made an actual video game in the 'open world' spirit and not an 'interactive experience'.

The idea that everything should be simplified is such a curse on video games. Not everything is better when its more simple, just like simplifying your life to not doing anything at all isn't better.

That's just a broader console problem. Every UI element needs to be fuckhuge because you must read it from far away. This results in umpteen tabs to juggle through. For someone who's used to PC UIs where everything is on the screen at once, it certainly is cumbersome.

reminds me of that webm that had doom playing in mario 64 with a shitload of other UI clutter

Attached: Dngy6fbVAAAXPZj.png (1199x405, 641.73K)

>literal who
>pixel avatar

Attached: cot.jpg (640x635, 96.54K)

I really REALLY like this webm

video games can't be about adversity in gameplay
they have to be as mind-numbingly simple as possible so people can begrudgingly get through the gameplay and watch the next piece of the dev's 10th grade level opus

>All those western "developers" deliciously salty tears.
Face it, it's the best game ever made.
People are in shock and slowly coming into grips with this fact.
We even got Horizon Zero Dawn AND Forbidden actual devs (not community managers) talking shit about the game on Twitter because not only is the best game ever made, it killed all Forbidden West selling momentum, scored MUCH higher and the platform with most sales is actually PC instead of PS4,5 like the Kotaku/Resetera part of the gaming media is accustomed to.
It's literally a out of control phenomenon and it got the entire industry by storm.

Attached: 1615712087790.webm (854x480, 2.98M)

minimalism and user friendliness stems from university software engineering 101. They see everything in this light and fail to distinguish that video games, despite being software should be designed in the mindset of a army/naval training course, where the goal is to strengthen the user, not ease them into it.

There is quite literally nothing richer than the western games industry preaching tolerance when about 90% of the actual figures in the western industry from high ranking developers to publishers to journalists despise the Japanese industry and Japanese culture and would love it eradicated from the industry and medium.

Nothing quite like watching """"""The Peoples Champion"""" Jason Schreier pretend to advocate for a better world for developers while continually trying to use his influence to harm Japanese studios.
Or Anita Sarkeesian robbing Bayonetta's women character designer of all agency by condemning the character's design direction as sexist simply for being sex positive. A women character designer who's design was famously fervently defended by the man in charge of the game, Hideki Kamiya.

The western games industry, particularly those with influence, are the most flagrantly racist people I've ever seen.

Attached: 1425746734747.jpg (528x792, 65.62K)

>People are calling him "the hit and runner" of the lands between.

Attached: FNbcq2TVEAMhueR.jpg (607x1080, 58.31K)

The game is clearly shit, but at the same time I'm happy it makes people mad

Is the flail any good? Was thinking about doing some Templar build for my next run.

>it's the best game ever made
That's not Super Mario Brothers 2 for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
>the way he winds up his morningstar and smacks that second guy as he rides through
Gave me a chuckle.

I unironically agree here. Why do Japs do this?

>lowered IQ by half for population of US
Half of 0 is still 0 lol

>inventory tab
>its 20 pages long with every tree branch, potion, magic scroll etc. you have
>there's no way to sub-categorize anything, at best you'll get a key items section that has the bus pass you used once 30 hours ago
>the equip screen is for weapon, armor, one etc. slot and that's it

Yes, but really, the basic flail is a temporary solution until you get nightrider's flail. The latter isn't THAT much further away though.

Yer spot on pal

>wah wah i have to move my finger more save me this is literal genocide
>these asians are genetically different!

Attached: 1587568654722.gif (171x172, 961.68K)

FS has average UX and everyone but twitter seems to be ok with it.
The real problem is that FS is technically behind the curve. They can't figure out how to create a stable game without frame drops. They can't even match bluepoint in graphics for a fucking remaster. They still can't figure out that widescreen and framerate unlock exists.

This would only have affected boomers and Gen X, these millennials hating on Japan have nothing to do with it

Nice. Next run is gonna be a templar then since Nighrider's is easy to get.

>Japanese people somehow have a racial UI problem when they make by far the most reliable cars in the world.

It's amazing but the boss design massively leans into the RPG side of things over the action side of things which is bollocks when everything from Bloodborne forward has been action leaning to the games massive benefit, especially when despite having a more RPG centric philosophy the only way to interact with the game world is fighting it, opposed to something like BOTW or an old RPG with a big world.

Still, the game truly feels worthy of carrying on the torch of an older lost style of RPG with massive realized worlds you could get lost in for actual weeks or months. The fact that exploration can lead to some truly impactful shit that will define how you build your character and play the game is awesome.

Elden Rings successor needs to ditch Dark Souls dead world shtick to evolve to the next level. Then it truly could be the best game of all time.
It's crazy impressive that it managed to carve such an enjoyable ARPG out of what it is, but the next game needs the world complexity of something like Baldurs Gate, Planescape, or Dragon Age Origins and the action game refinement of Bloodborne/Sekiro.

Attached: 1519533621615.gif (500x364, 982.65K)

>creativity and originality separate categories
>originality grouped with technology
the fuck?

Western AAA devs and journalists are as exclusive as you can get as an industry, and if you're not part of the inner circle you can get the fuck out.
Remember when they tried to peddle DmC as way better than regular DMC? Or when they gave the best voice actor award to the white lady from Last of Us instead of the Hades guy (who is black) who voiced five different characters? Fuck them.

Attached: 1630146308750.png (250x250, 34.37K)

This is a good point. Being able to quickly go through equipment to switch weapons without being overburdened is nice for characters not running a lot of END.

In all fairness, some things are more cumbersome than they used to be. Looking at you, everything connected to the Y button.

>Elden Rings successor needs to ditch Dark Souls dead world shtick to evolve to the next level.
No thanks, go play something else.