What is something cool you found with cheats in a game?

What is something cool you found with cheats in a game?

Attached: download.jfif.jpg (259x194, 8.09K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYX9yU7db9k
youtube.com/watch?v=nXxa3N1f1rc
youtube.com/watch?v=WHpSdbIbKTw
youtube.com/watch?v=et_66bBe6wg
youtube.com/watch?v=BapA5YKkWqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked that Fierce Deity Link was significantly taller than normal adult Link and could climb out of bounds in clock town

as a kid i hardlocked myself in some trees in pokemon with one of these things i lost my save and was devastated

I remember the gameshark code that allowed you to use Sparda DT outside the Mundus fight in DMC1. Good times.

>accessing the unfinished 2 player mode in Banjo Tooie with Devil Bottles
>opening up secret areas in Pokemon leading to legendaries that were meant to only be accessed through limited public events
>increasing pokemon shiny chance to the point where I would occasionally see a handful in my lifetime
>moon jump codes and "hold L to float" just because

Good times. I pity people who grew up only playing modern shit, not knowing the joys of tampering with their games using cheats and cheat devices.
At least game/sequence breaking glitches still exist to an extent.

The amount of crazy ass codes Goldeneye 007 had still blows me away all these years later. Had printouts of gameshark code lists, and it must've been like 5 pages for it. Nothing else even came close.

How come they dont make these anymore? Last I saw was for 3DS.

there's only a save editor for PS4 and that's it, I literally built a PC because of trainers(and piracy), same goes for Edizon on my hacked Switch, you just can't take those things away from people

I got full national pokedex using it.

I'm assuming that security updates for modern consoles make it harder to keep them working. They run unlicensed software on the consoles.

starting a random game with no cheats removes the region lock

Well, a few different reasons.
Firstly, the legalese has been written much more in favor of the companies making the consoles over the years. Selling an unlicensed peripheral or device that tampers with the console is much more dangerous, and if nothing else corporations are able to drag out court cases pretty much indefinitely these days. Small businesses and individuals literally cannot win anymore.
Secondly, the safeties and coding have gotten much more sophisticated. To change code on consoles you have to physically mod with chips and/or edit firmware to be able to use cheats.
Thirdly, with both above reasons, it's simply not profitable anymore. Just like strategy guides, thick instruction manuals, and code books.

I used gamegenie on pokemon blue to make crazy mons for friends to fight. I also gave them all super mews

Definitely the all boob hacks in Haunting Ground
youtube.com/watch?v=BYX9yU7db9k
youtube.com/watch?v=nXxa3N1f1rc
youtube.com/watch?v=WHpSdbIbKTw
youtube.com/watch?v=et_66bBe6wg
youtube.com/watch?v=BapA5YKkWqk

How in golden eye/perfect dark you could use GS to make custom guns.

Catching trainers pokemon was funny as fuck. I used it to catch Red's entire team in Pokemon Gold.

Final Fantasy Tactics, you could make any character in the game join your party and they had unique skills iirc, FF7 to have Aeris/Sephiroth too.

That reminds me, there was a GameShark code that let you battle Professor Oak. I imagine it was either a leftover battle that never got used in-game or was simply cobbled together by the GS code itself. In any case, I remember him having a full team of high-level Pokemon, and that you had to meet him in Cerulean Gym for some reason.

I once learned via the "all items" cheat that the section of windwaker right after you catch a ride on tetra's ship has the ship going against the wind.

A severed head behind pentagram goat wall

It still blows my mind that they were selling code books up until 2009 when they were online for free.

Attached: 91e6JGD0ePL.jpg (1192x2512, 773.26K)

In Final Fantasy 6 you could force-equip things that weren't actually equipment and a few of them actually had insane stats, I remember using Edgar's Drill as a helmet because it had 255 defense

You're likely baiting this exact response, but you can fight him without GameShark through the trainer warp glitch.

You can have tails follow you in Sonic Advance 1.
It's actually a regular cheat code but I used my gameshark so I wouldn't have to input the cheat every time.

Its actually because of trophies is why they don't make them. From what I hear Sony(and maybe Microsoft too) got tougher on cheat devices around the PS3 and 360 gen. Now you have to mod your console if you want to cheat, which is a thousand times better honestly.

Because that was the last gen that had them before people wised up and realized that it was way easier to mod your console/handheld than to pay full price for a cheat device. Probably another reason why they aren't sold anymore. Some of the cheat device companies weren't even making their own codes and just copied their codes from the actual coders online(Action Replay). So its no wonder every cheat device company went out of business. Lazy shits