Pure Strength builds are completely useless now

>Pure Strength builds are completely useless now
Thanks, Miyazaki

Attached: Elden Ring.jpg (640x360, 29.52K)

OP is a literal fucking fart huffing faggot.
You are also a literal fucking fart huffing faggot if you post below this line
----------------------------------------------

Pure STR builds have always been a meme.
>LOOK GUYS IM LITERALLY GUTS LOOK AT MY SRUPID FUCKING GREATSWORD XD

Do you think maybe they made STR builds hard mode because they knew it's what soulsfags would go for and would appreciate the challenge?

Are you talking in general, or against malenia in particular?
Either way, it doesn't matter. I beat her and the game with a pure strength build. Never summoned, never cast a single spell. Started as a vagabond, used a claymore roughly the entire game.

>find a guy who sells info on the invisible black night assassin
>pay good money for it
>after a long search find the item needed
>pay good money for it
>don't have enough faith to equip a torch
so i'm basically fucked vs the invisible black night assassin? fuck this shit

Attached: 1436117474155.jpg (999x968, 417.48K)

They aren't though

you know you can just equip shit even if you don't have the stats required for it right?
the torch will reveal the assassins even if you don't meet the requirements, don't even have to have it on your hand. can just two hand your main weapon.

>Usually go unga bunga STR builds in Souls games
>Decided to go INT in ER
>INT is insanely good
Looks like I dodged a bullet.

Spellcasting is always easy mode in Souls games. They do seem to frontload it even more than normal here, true.

oh.
ux really is obtuse as fuck
based miyazaki with the epic menu difficulty

I just beat the fire giant.

Jesus that was a cool ass fight. The designs are so outlandish, I swear.

so is full dex, meele chads in general (other than meta fags) are sad in this game

You do realise, that you can change the affinity with the ashes of war, right?

Currently i am using a Str, Dex, Arc build for my blood build.

Attached: 1646849562834.jpg (1280x720, 109.07K)

I summoned the demihumans, they're 5 guys and will find him sooner or later. also steps on the ground with the dust. Didn't even know there was an item for it.

>play pure strenght build anyway

Attached: 1646331434002.jpg (1080x1119, 134.79K)

I'm going to make a new, STR character just to confirm my suspicion that Any Forums is full of shitters.

STR is still good, its just boring as fuck compared to all the other cool shit that got added

Where did this meme come from? I steamrolled through the game after getting 2 good UGs.

I always liked quality or mixed builds, so I don't really care. I do favor heavy weapons though. Some weapons are just too slow or don't have enough range for some fights in ER. That's why I jump at these fuckers and just end them.

just tested, you do need to have it in one hand to reveal him

also found out it doesnt stop him from doing his one kill grab, but it does help

man, what the fuck is that torch
no matter what hand it is i can't use the skill of my other weapon
goofy shit

I feel like STR would be better if bosses staggered normally again after 2 or 3 hits. Against a fast boss who can’t be stun locked, gameplay becomes stale and passive just using rolling R1’s.

Arcane increases status buildup, but not by very much. Not really worth it to pump.

Strength is often all about posture breaking - and got jump attacks and guard counters, both of which do incredible posture damage which stacks with the already get posture damage of greatswords/colossal weapons.