Co-Op games with satisfying basebuilding

We already played
-Raft
-Don't Starve Together (basebuilding sucks here)
Planned:
-Terraria
-Craftopia
-Valheim
-Tribes of Midgard
-Factorio/Satisfactory (maybe?)

Attached: Source-Awomance[1].png (763x459, 402.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Farming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Terraria and Factorio are fantastic and will keep you busy while

for how many times games include basebuilding as a tacked on feature, the amount of games that have good basebuilding mechanics that aren't management sims could be counted on one hand by a child that likes to play with fireworks.

Maybe Project Zomboid.

>Terraria
would recommend
>Craftopia
not much to it when I played. Your time is better spent elsewhere
>Valheim
havent played since they updated but I enjoyed the building. It's entertaining for a while but can get repetitive.
>Tribes of Midgard
there isnt any base building but the gameplay loop was kinda fun. Would recommend if you can get it cheap
>Factorio/Satisfactory
Factorio is fantastic. You could loose days and days of your life to it. Satisfactory is better for base building (especially with mods) but Factorio is the better game overall

Would also recommend
>Conan Exiles
The gameplay can be clunky but you can get some really great mods for it. Ive had a lot of fun making cities with friends and then training entire armies to go attack each other.
>RimWorld
Multiplayer mod is a lot of fun with friends
>Project Zomboid
Most fun I've had playing with friends in a long time. Base building is really good as well.

Terraria is crazy boring dropped that shit after like an hour. Genuinely don't understand the appeal and I usually enjoy sandbox games. Honestly overrated.

Vintage Story is minecraft but with autistic progression, metallurgy, and food preservation that matter that greatly helps having more than one set of hands managing.

>Terraria is crazy boring
>dropped that shit after like an hour
lmao
lol
lmao

Attached: 2022-02-21_17-53-01.png (2022x1191, 1.29M)

I mean you've already admitted you're into autistic shit so it's clear why something like terraria would appeal to you.

No its cool, don't worry bro i'm not laughing at you at all. Don't worry about it.
You definitely experienced Terraria in that hour, shame theres nothing more to offer there.

Attached: 2022-03-03_00-28-52.png (2102x1213, 3.87M)

Is there any base building game that forces or at least incentivizes purpose built anything?

They almost always boil down to the "tailor, smithy, weaver, whittler, carpenter, brewer, basketry workshop." Jam packed with shit.

I really like a lot about vintage story but there just really isn't much incentive to explore yet. I hope they continue to expand on the world on not just the crafting. Modded Minecraft is still the better option until then

>Food preservation matters.
>Lasts for literal years with default settings

Does it though?

Terraria blows dicks really.

>there just really isn't much incentive to explore yet
I feel the opposite really, you've seen one minecraft biome you've seen them all.
I keep running into weird ass land formations in VS and going "shit now I want to build a base here but i'm 20k blocks out and don't want to move everything"

Yeah if you want to subsist on basedbeans like the fucking onions baby you are. Or you can balance your diet to increase your HP bar.
Grains last 3 years, basedbeans 5 years. If you luck out and find salt then sure you can salt a barrel of meat for a month to make that last a couple years. It's still an early to mid game hurdle assuming you can even find seeds for the plants you want.

Attached: file.png (297x413, 15.88K)

>dropped that shit after like an hour
>an hour
and anybody should care about your opinion on the game why exactly?

I played about 1.5 years before realising my month length was boringly long. Using fields of gold the only meter not full was dairy. So a pretty meager first year harvest. Fuck sheep herding. Too tedious.
Besides the very very early forager stage I never felt a lack of food.

Missed the (you)

>you've seen one minecraft biome you've seen them all
agreed. Id take vintage story over vanilla Minecraft every time but I guess I've been jaded by modded Minecraft with all the dungeon and dimension mods. No other Minecraft clone really comes close to giving as good of a sense of adventure anymore

Attached: 1646833887472.jpg (1920x1018, 329.68K)

Yeah no doubt modded minecraft is insane. I wish there was a good thaumcraft equivalent for VS.

+1 for vintage story, games criminally underrated and extremely comfy
the progression is very autistic though, if you don't like terrafirmacraft progression you wont like vintage story

Attached: 1625159474255.jpg (1920x1018, 168.13K)

How is farming now that vanilla was pushed closer to FoG except the autistic 2 year growth time for cassava? Better to stay modded or not

it's more complex than vanilla minecraft but not extremely autistic, crop rotation is encouraged, soils fertility deminishes, bad weather kills crops and they can get diseases (can be disabled)
wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Farming