Where do I start with strategy games?

Where do I start with strategy games?

Attached: 2FBCEBF1-6B46-458E-970A-D1B54BE958A2.jpg (1920x1080, 611.6K)

What kind of setting or theme do you like?
Would you prefer real time or turn based?

AoE 2, Starcraft 2, C&C remastered, WC3 (not reforged)

Well in the old days you'd double-click the exe.

Lotr battle for middle earth is very beginner friendly and fun

The best move is not to play.

why i don't see brood war on that list?

what is picrel

Do not do this. These games are shit
Play Civ 5 and AoE 3 for maximum Kino
In general, rts games are relatively pointless because you have to grind rank but you'll never be anywhere near the best because you're hard handicapped by physical mechanical skill and whether you want to use the same exact meta build and timings each time

9/10 bait.

Try AoE II DE, you can enjoy it both casually and competitively. There's some advanced tutorials for improvising your gameplay as well.

Attached: villagers.png (444x228, 79.07K)

play these first, except Starcraft 1 instead of 2
ignore the retards who replied before

Find a setting you enjoy (whether fiction or nonfiction) and then find a strategy game to fit that setting

brainlet post
anyone can smash a keyboard 300 times in a minute
what people are filtered by is mental skill not mechanical. the vast majority of people cannot make 300 meaningfully beneficial actions a minute because our brains are unable to process the information that ask

>only sensible reply
>no follow up
C'mon OP, answer

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Most people who will reply to you are people who have been playing rts and strategy games for forever. its a dead genre and one of the hardest things to get into for a new player, in which you are competing with people who have been playing the same game with no enhancements or evolution for two decades. The only reason I say this is to say only play a strategy game for purely fun or singleplayer. multiplayer is a complete waste of time unless you have friends your skill group playing the same game

AoE 2 DE is goat in terms of rts and your OP pic AoE4 is also fantastic especially if you want something a bit more modern than 2, but you may want to wait for the major update coming spring that adds modding and ranked to the latter. They both have great tutorials for teaching you how to play competitively. StarCraft 1+2 are great but you have to deal with battlenet bullshit and it's also almost completely abandoned by Blizzard, maybe just wait till the SC illumni release their new rts.

Attached: mongolchad.png (1242x1706, 2.18M)

If you like fantasy shit, I'd recommend Rise of Legends. Easy to get into and has a very fun singleplayer campaign.

OP baited us with vidya and ran away laughing at his smug on topic post

my b I was in the other room

im looking for a game where I can see a strategy evolve over time kinda thing. im not really expecting to be good right away i just want something easy to learn. one of my favorite games rn is clicker heroes, do you know of anything that matches that kind of strategy im talking about? (not gameplay but type of strategy)

Sounds like you should look into Tower Defense games

fuck no. wanna give me some real recomendations and not a meme answer?