Rogue-lite

>Rogue-lite
Ok, when did this genre start becoming so popular and when will it die already?

Attached: 1644469798577.png (314x271, 12.18K)

like a decade ago slowpoke

It will die when people learn to innovate and make what they like than caring what others think.

>Roguelite
>Early Access
Name a more cancerous combo.

Attached: FDFAFAB5-6BCA-4150-8BCF-599C9E5A74DD.png (359x540, 127.65K)

Oh don't worry, it's been dying from the very start. Soon all roguelites will just be called roguelikes and you'll have no idea which genre is which.

once I said so >:)

Early Access
Open World
Survival
Zombies
Crafting

No one here knows or even remembers what DayZ is.

unironically curious when the meme started
was it binding of isaac?
yes i know rougelikes existed before it, i mean the modern meme

Attached: 1636555180966.png (690x871, 291.78K)

Pretty sure it started with Spelunky

Just don't play them? Just play something else?

To me it started when a bunch of big esports league celebs would play spelunky in-between matches on stream. Not saying that's 100% the cause but that's when I started to notice them being played more and getting attention in other places.

>rogue-lite
Is it just me or does this term literally mean nothing? The only trait i've seen games of this so called genre have in common is that you lose a considerable amount of progress upon losing. A rogue-lite can still be anything from a fps to a strategy card game.

if you have autism, no subtle differences mean anything

This is why you have purists like and retards like If somebody asks for a roguelike, you know every detail of the type of game they're looking for. A roguelite refers to literally every genre of game as long as it has some loose form of permadeath and randomly generated content.

Rogue lite is just the absence of check points.

So why then everyone hates it? Because Any Forums is full of normalfag casuals?

it's not a rigid genre per se. it's more like a prefix that describes the game with more detail. similarly how you'd say pixel art RPG or singleplayer-only fps and things like that. saying a game is a rogue lite means absolutely nothing.

It's literally all this guy's fault

Attached: file.png (1337x981, 1.4M)

literally who

He made Isaac which is probably one of the most popular and influential games in the genre