Each element of this game eloquently complements the other...

each element of this game eloquently complements the other, all other games could learn something from this absolute knockout masterclass in game design

Attached: vidya.jpg (405x458, 53.43K)

Can we mod it yet? I'll add a girl you can date with Link

God you zeldatrannies are annoying as fuck
Kys

i wanna toy around with grottos and do something more with them than just being simple holes in the ground. the original Zelda had NPCs living in caves, would be neat to have a callback to that.

Yeah it's pretty good

>game responsible for turning its series into brainless casualized garbage
>Any Forums worships it

wind waker was where they dropped the ball, hard
it was rightfully panned on release by fans, but here on Any Forums faggots dive on grenades for it

you could just make a hack rom to date the already existing girls

I want to make a 3d model

>game responsible for turning its series into brainless casualized garbage
That would be A Link to the Past

>Emerald is 1 whole gem
>Ruby is 1 whole gem
>Sapphire is 3 separate gems
I dunno this always bugged me

Is this the OoTfagging bash thread?
I just read a youtube comment referring to BOTW Link as "The Hero of Time", how fucking difficult is it to understand that's only for OoT Link?

This
Truly the only good game was the adventure of link

I'm glad people continuously update the graphics of this game. The most current VR remake is easily the single greatest achievement in all of video games.

I hope this is bait

>Can we mod it yet?
If you can read the code, yeah.

still waiting for the PC port. I emulated it for a bit and enjoyed it but it kept crashing
as long as there's an option to keep the cutscenes in their native 4:3, PC port should be the best way to play

Attached: oot mupen.jpg (2996x1159, 2.29M)

A few hilariously minor gripes

>Death Mountain a straight line until you get a shortcut ages after it would useful.
>Lake Hylia is just empty space. Could have used a far shore
>River area is fun. I wish Ocarina had more areas like this.
>Whole right side of Zora Fountain is useless
>Gerudo Valley is just tiny ass gorge which takes like 10 seconds to somehow circumvent an entire mountain range
>Desert section is way too short
>Never liked how Ganon's Castle is just right next to where you start (As an adult) feels like there should have at least been a lead up to it
>General lack of enemies anywhere but Death Mountain

tldr I wish Ocarina was a tad bigger. The forest and graveyard are great areas but not counting the Ice Cavern/Spirit Temple it always feels like the Dungeons are three times bigger than the areas they were supposed to be in.

The 2 N64 Zelda games are some of the best art in vidya, you can feel the meaning the creators were trying to give each element of the game, like the spirituality embedded in the art and story I didn't even notice as a kid.

I think one of the major things that makes Ocarina of Time a masterpiece is how it pulls off a basically perfect early game. Young Link is essentially a very beefy tutorial for the main game, but it doesn't feel like a tutorial; it just feels like a smaller game within a bigger game. So when you become Adult Link it's this "holy shit" feeling. You could say that this was a necessity since OoT was an early 3D game and had lots of new ideas, so the devs felt the need to ease players in, but the way it so gracefully introduces you to its concepts and mechanics without feeling like it's lecturing you is incredible.

Breath of the Wild did something similar with it's Great Plateau, and it was quite well made. But it was substantially shorter and after you finish it it's very clear that it was the tutorial section of the game. To me Ocarina of Time is the gold standard for how you pull a player into your world and teach them the ins and outs, learning a game doesn't have to be boring, it can be part of the experience and also fun.

Attached: 020c4ac8f329a22f22370898d7aa1c4f.jpg (645x1200, 84.07K)

>I wish Ocarina was a tad bigger.
Nigga they literally scaled down the game like three times, so it could fit into the cartridge.

>still no port

how do you feel about Twilight Princess? also interested in your thoughts on its 'tutorial'

It's pretty shit, and a blemish on what otherwise would be a really good game. It does the mistake of handholding you through a lot of it, which OoT mostly avoided except for the owl.