What was the moment that made you realize video games weren't for you anymore?

What was the moment that made you realize video games weren't for you anymore?

Attached: Depressed_Sento.jpg (1080x1080, 169.93K)

2016 with Pokemon Sun and Moon, Watch_Dogs 2, and Battlefield 1

I see these threads everydays now. I'm 27, I've been playing video games for over 20 years now, and I have fun all the time. When I start to get bored, I turn the game off and do something else. Stop with this 'woe is me' horseshit and find another hobby. Christ

I do school work and go to the gym daily and do muay thai a few times a week. I've got plenty of hobbies, video games just fucking suck

I agree with this user. If you're so fucking bored or tired with a video game just turn that shit off and take a break for a bit. There are other things you could be doing besides shitposting on Any Forums. Heres some neat ideas!
>Watch a movie
>Read a book
>Clean your room
>Go see a live musical
>Write a book
Not that hard to have fun!

when the ps2 got released i quit vidya altogether. never looked back. now only playing on pc, and mostly old pc games which never got tainted by the console virus.
life is gud.

I have more hobbies than 90% of Any Forums and I can still hardly bring myself to play vidya

Attached: frog21.jpg (512x468, 23.01K)

not there yet. as always, i'm missing something to fully enjoy a thing

Like newer games? Around 2012 or so. I can always enjoy old games and learning japanese has expanded my backlog immensely, so I can go the rest of my life playing older games.

I think I've realized that I just don't like Western games in general. There are only a handful of Western games that I actually liked:

WoW (back when it was good, pre Legion)
Mount & Blade Warband
The Banner Saga trilogy

But I've played dozens and dozens of Japanese games and I enjoy them.

>Not that hard to have fun!
>Just stop doing the one thing you actually enjoy
>Just try all of these other hobbies you totally haven't tried already
>Just change your personal preferences and lower your standards
>Just stop being miserable bro. Not that hard lol
Excruciatingly tiresome.

when i realized how insufferable the people i know from vidya can be. people with nothing going on more than 'i play videogames' tend to be idiots or just outright boring.

>What was the moment that made you realize video games weren't for you anymore?
mostly when i come to this shit board filled with lame ass zoomers and its wall to wall chinese cartoon phone waifu games

the single video game I enjoy is league of legends but my internet is too shit to play online games consistently. I literally don't like doing anything else. hate watching, reading, or playing other games for the most part. wtf am I supposed to do for 16 hours a day? and people have the audacity to say life is short. this is hell.

id consider life hell too if i played that garbage

>Just stop doing the one thing you actually enjoy
If videogames were all you had, you were pretty fucked in the first place, and might as well 41% yourself unless you can afford mental help.

>all you had
i also have
>2-3 television shows
>a wide and varied interest in music
>a garlic plant im growing
thats about it

This has been everyday for me this year. Fixing this shit.

Attached: 1636779037243.png (3101x3575, 3.67M)

Never, I just realized AAA games weren't for me anymore, indie devs still make weird shit I like to play and I also realized that older games don't stop being good games just because they're older games, so I have cheap to free access to excellent games on a whim and thus don't have the cynicism that comes with being a consoomer as I get no FOMO from skipping over a lot of games.
There's also the fact that I have a large enough backlog that I can raise my standards, so if a game has Denuvo DRM, is EGS exclusive, has an asshole developer that doesn't shut the fuck up about politics on twitter, etc. I can drop it like I never cared about it to begin with on a whim and just play something in my backlog instead, which has actually resulted in some progress in actually clearing off said backlog.

You're not tired of video games, you're tired of the disappointment that comes from broken launches, extreme amounts of microtransactions, and flippant attitudes towards end user problems.

Attached: PSSHAW.png (197x167, 23.33K)

>clean your room
>fun
what are you a fucking women

this desu. I have a fucking plethora of great games I havent played, my problem is getting started on that backlog. Diving in doesnt help.