Why are the knuckles and the mech levels so boring?

Why are the knuckles and the mech levels so boring?
They were fun in SA1.

Attached: Sonic_Adventure_2_cover.png (324x324, 203.76K)

3D Sonic is bad

Entirely subjective. I found them pretty good; Knuckles were just exploration, Tail's were arcadey shooty shooty and Eggman's were more plaformer than arcade than Tail's.

WE AT PUMPKIN HILL
YOU READY
I AIN'T GON LET IT GET TO ME

fpbp

wrong

Yeah this simply. I loved SA 1 and 2 as a kid but looking back now they were clearly flawed. I think Sega should have kept it super simple with Sonic this whole time and just kept it as this budget arcadey type of series. Sonic Adventure should have just been about Sonic also with Knuckles and Tails as sidekicks.

Sonic wanted to be a big shot he didnt want to stay simple and reliable like megaman.
Was it worth it? Im not sure from the people that care about gameplay perspective but from the business point of view he is getting another movie soon and hasnt been this popular since the 90s even with no good games left.

Seems to me Sonic has remained super popular no matter how bad the games got. He never really every truly lost the fame out of the 90's. It is just that the games got so shit to the point where it became a meme and people started to ironically like Sonic. But yeah Megaman at least the mainline games more a less stayed very simple with the style. Sonic has a lot more fame than MM though so the games would have been not only still successful but they would have also gotten much better reviews and probably would have been much better designed.

git gud

far less freedom in level design

they'd be fun if you were moving at the speed of sound

rouge was worse

The series would actually be dead if they went the megaman route with it.

But it would have many more good games and isnt that more important.

When I was writing the op, I had the knuckles and rouge levels in mind since they both felt exactly the same to me.

>I loved SA 1 and 2 as a kid but looking back now they were clearly flawed
There's no such thing as a game without flaws, user. While flawed SA2 is more functional than SA yet SA has stronger points than SA2 at moments. Despite all, its better for Sonic; while Mario remains safe, Sonic is bound to experiment in its concept.

The only issue in Sonic is Sonic Team at the particular itineration, in SA/SA2 there was a competent one. Sonic hasn't had a competent ST since Generations...

Same, never liked those stages at all.

fpbp, the sonic cuckventure trilogy always sucked

I highly doubt that though. They could have made some 3D games but kept them simpler. Had Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 been super linear just go fast and do cool shit levels the games back then would have been reviewed well anyways just like they are now. Plus they would have held up a lot better today. They would have been much shorter sure but then that is where the chow side game could have came into play.

Dreamcast was full of those fast pick up and play arcade like games and Sonic would have fit right at home doing this. It never needed to be some grand adventure.

>Why are the knuckles and the mech levels so boring?
Because they gimped the radar in the hunting stages for some stupid reason (which is made even more annoying with how much larger the hunting stages are in SA2) and gave the shooting stages worse controls with the justification that you were controlling a larger mech instead of a smaller robot.
SA2 is filled with dumb design decisions, like how Sonic/Shadow's somersault kills all your momentum for some bizarre reason and how the bounce and lightspeed dash moves were mapped to the same button.

Fun with mods, but could have easily been a much better game if Iizuka wasn't such a dope.

>they both felt exactly the same to me.
Rouge stages were Knuckles' concept in smaller stages (if you were the type of liking them but at smaller scale), more enemies around and with a gimmick thrown in them.

Sonic's character design is too marketable for the series to die. If people stopped buying Sonic videogames for whatever reason the IP would still find success in merch and other media, kinda like how the series is now.