For every good or very good thing about this game, there's equally one bad or very bad design choice. I like it...

For every good or very good thing about this game, there's equally one bad or very bad design choice. I like it, but it's far from 10/10.

Attached: elden ring.jpg (1200x675, 75.99K)

9.9/10 rounded up

Maybe you'll change your mind if you play it

>Another Discord thread

Attached: 3866B37B-8D9B-4B3D-8ECA-1A738BF48A6A.png (249x250, 78.4K)

I finished it after 80 hours, that's more than enough

this is MY thread now and i think its a 10/10

You guys are seriously pathetic, no wonder people fucking hate Fromtards

How about (you) get a life and stop looking for attention like a desperate whore

>Fromdrones get so mad when you criticize anything Miyazaki related (he's a father figure to them) so they cry out in pain as they strike you
>Any legitimate criticism is le discord raid
>Critics said it was a 97 so it must be!

Attached: 1619443294693.png (398x435, 139.23K)

Its the most 7/10 game I've ever played

i find it very hard to have fun with this at all

Attached: 14785031300589.png (758x539, 462.08K)

Agreed. I loved it and still think it’s great, but there is a “amazing discovery” to “bullshit” ratio that tilts more towards bullshit the longer I play.

The first 30 hours were GotY contender, but the last few times I’ve launched the game, I’ve felt it was a poor use of my free time.

So tell us what’s wrong then? Why did you just say that without saying what’s wrong, trying to get attention?

it should have been a $40 DLC for Dark Souls 3

I'll be honest, I was a big fan of FromSoftware games since Demon's Souls, but there's some kind of fatigue that kicked in with this game, and seeing how rabid fans actually are where you can't point out legitimate flaws, I don't want to be a part of this anymore. I'll probably boot up the game when DLC drop but it's time to move on.

the community has unironically become a caricature of itself. a bunch of tryhard elitists who think their shit doesn't stink. it's cringe, and elden ring placates this idea by making everything a combofest to inflate the difficulty even higher

I was pretty surprised that you basically cannot find anyone saying anything bad about this game. I think From has spent 15 years cultivating an audience to the point of which any outlet who reviews the game is gonna assign it to their “Souls” guy and of course he/she is gonna like it.

For me it's shit like input reading and the delayed attacks, and how different the ai acts in general. I'm just coping and seething probably though, got embarrassed. The first time I played it was when a friend got it (who's never played a souls game before) and was having trouble on Margit. I said give me the controller I'll beat him I've played all the souls games.

Couldn't get his ass further than half hp down. Still fucking mad.

Attached: 1643927937966.png (551x550, 333.68K)

Nobody will miss you

the credits all attribute game design to BB, souls, and sekiro designers. It seems like they got into a tug of war of how they wanted bosses to act so they just compromised and added every aspect in, which of course, fucking blows because the combos are insufferable. there's no opening window and if there is it's only for certain classes like magic when you run away. The game heavily penalizes melee. The game heavily incentivizes summons, the game heavy incentivizes rolling your way out of 90% of attacks. It's just dogshit. Not to mention they still cannot develop their games to not be jank pieces of shit since a majority of the animations and weapons are imported 1:1 from previous games

this is a great description. it feels like sekiro designers made the bosses and souls designers made the player character + world enemies. like i'm playing garfield kart and all of the other racers are gran turismo cars

>there's no opening window and if there is it's only for certain classes like magic when you run away. The game heavily penalizes melee
Yeah that too. He was going for a faith build and I always do unga strength builds, so that didn't help. I never use magic in the games but it seems it really wants you to. I was confused, "I knew it's been like a year since i've played ds3 but i shouldn't be this bad"

>input lag
>repetitiveness with enemies that kills all the charm created through first encounters
>being staggered by any basic move
>all the enemies are stronger, faster, have more mobility while your movement is as basic as it was (unless you use specific power-ups)
>the game throws multiple enemies where the combat system is not designed for that at all, especially when everything staggers you to death as I mentioned
>side content feels like a hassle after a certain point, you actually regret exploring too much because of how much time is spent on finding meaningless loot behind another boss that you fought 5 times before

All of those are objectively bad so I can't grasp how people see this as some kind of masterpiece.

Inconsistent frame rate and input buffering is a bummer. That said it didn’t impeded my progress too much.

What killed the game for me is a long run back to retry a boss. I thought they mostly got rid of this, but it’s still there.

When I’m spending more time getting back to retry than I am fighting the boss, Im out. Maybe when I was younger, but I’ve got too much else going on right now.

>Meanwhile, Fromsoftware loyalists say "Works on my machine, bro!"
>The machine in question:

Attached: 1632783231751.webm (720x480, 1.51M)