Eldest Ring tips thread

share tips and information
i found that jump + R2 is very useful against any humanoid enemy

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 239.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrClhJAOrK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jump + r2 generate an immense amount of stagger.
Humanoids are prone to stagger more easily than monsters.
You need to think why things happen instead of just learning "jump r2 good"

How do I get rid of the stuttering on pc?

play the pirated version

Don't forget to upgrade your summons if you use them. Jellyfish summon bitch has a very minor questline to allow for this.
Hitboxes are generally very good. If you use a weapon like the bleed curved greatsword from the southern limgrave evergaol, where the weapon art makes you disappear and gapclose, you're able to straight up dodge a lot of attacks/projectiles
A lot of acute angle surfaces can be traversed by just double jumping on your horse. It's actually rare you'll slide off but be careful.
You can skip Stormveil entirely if you want - it's not that hard to figure out.
Fire breathing traps in mini-dungeons can be disabled by attacking them.
In the first chariot dungeon, when you get to the section in the wall where one swordsman spawns with an archer opposite you can jump down on the archer side to run with quite a bit more time - skipping the tedium of waiting and ducking for cover.
The big masses of blobs on the beach take little damage unless you attack the tentacles (aside from the front two they use to attack). They also stagger really easily.
Crucible knights have quite big parry windows on most attacks other than the charged ones

For stuttering on windows 11: Settings > System > Display > Graphics > Browse for Elden Ring exe > Options > High Performance
That's the fix that worked for me but there's other methods

...So you read the fucking tutorial?

Should I just give all my spellbooks to Miriel? The other vendors don't seem to stand in one place long or just straight up die randomly.

Also, Altus Plateau? Calid? Underground? Fuck around in the areas I found warps to? Don't know the next step. Explored all of Limgrave and Liurna.

yes, the pope never judges your taste in magic and will take any book
though it doesn't really matter with early scrolls, you can usually just buy all the stuff right away

Cheese bosses by investing on Dragon Rot Breath. The reason why Faith is superior than anyother stat.

Attached: Screenshot (46).png (1920x1080, 3.79M)

Is that a thing? Is the anti-cheat responsible for the stuttering?

Is there any good bow with dex scaling in the game?
It seems that all bows don't get better scaling when upgraded even at max so far

which one? Also, I used both of them, and they do dick all for damage at 40 faith. What am I fucking up?

How the fuck do I upgrade armor. There is no option at smith or church. What am I missing I'm going insane!

are there attacks that can be jumped over or ducked under in this game?

Attached: 1646330351197.jpg (669x1024, 49.98K)

still with this shit

upgrading armor hasn't been a thing since ds1

GIANT
ENEMY
CRAB

The one from Caelid Dragon Communion Cathedral. Rot Breath,it Damages overtime bosses for 30 seconds and you just run around avoiding them until they die.

>summon help
>stands around the boss arena doing nothing while I fight boss
>I die as expected
>he becomes lord god and nukes half the boss health while I fade away
Thanks. Why is this 90% of you?

Moonveil and L2 + R2 is easy mode

>get +8 rapier for my INT/DEX build
>it's shit
wew
great peepee/power stance warhawk's talon for me

well yeah, maybe they should fix it already

play on linux

Im a dex int char and didn't want to use the memeveil katana but the two other weapons i've found for the bui,d are hilariously gimped in comparison. The carian sword's damge falls off dramatically in the second half of the game and the weapon art is nigh-useless because of how long it takes to use. the Astel flail suffers from horrible endlag on most of its attacks and a weapon art that does great damage but gets countered heavily by-the input reading bosses. Am i doing something wrong or did from just not want you to use these weapons?

Keep playing, eventually all the shaders are cached and it goes away. Until you update your GPU drivers

Whats the best halberd that I can but ashes on and change the scaling of? I'm looking mainly for something Faith-oriented. The Gargoyle's Halberd seems like its good but I want other opinions.

Attached: 1645971601990.gif (220x221, 351.39K)

got the plat lads, might want to make a midlevel twink alt for coop/invasions, any ideas on what build/gear?

Rodents of unusual size

>You can charge up incantations
>mfw

Not sure about sorcery spells. Does anyone know if Larval Tears are limited?

Attached: larval_tear_stats_key_items-elden-ring-wiki-guide-200.png (200x200, 11.27K)

It's not. I disabled anticheat because I plan to play offline anyways and it still stutters like a bitch.
And the guy saying the shaders get cached is full of it.

just the thread I was looking for. I'm new, love playing sns types. should I go max endurance to block every physical attack?

Install Gentoo gnu/linux.

When this happens it’s usually because I know what moves are coming so back away and the host just runs in like an idiot and dies

crossbows crossbows crossbows
bleedbolt crits proc even with shield up and do insane damage

Im on second playthrough and went sword of night and flame, might out some points in arc to dragonbreath with it because its already way too busted i dont need to scale it much

It 100% is especially on older PCs.

It's not the main cause, but it 100% is a large contribution to shitty performance because EAC is fucking shit. My FPS gained by like 15fps ontop of extremely infrequent stutters between my STEAM version and Pirated version. And besides, playing offline is the only way to play the game on your first run

>letting the kino atmosphere/desolate tone get ruined by some redditors "CHEST AHEAD XD" meme comments

How do I make a greatsword viable against bosses? I can fight mobs no problem, but every boss so far is often too quick to get a hit in.

allahu ackbar from software headquarters

so I need the regression incantation for the Radagon statue secret, I have the book but the prophet at roundtable hold is gone. who else can I give it to and learn it from?

Vigor is equally as important and you don't need that much END youtube.com/watch?v=zrClhJAOrK8

Attached: 2Pooty.png (553x347, 529.99K)

You cant charge up glinstone pebble. U havent got around to using anything else so not sure if you can for some.

they are limited but I have like 12 at the moment so it doesn’t seem that they’re too scarce

WHY DOES EVERY BIG ENEMY IN A PIT NOW DODGE ARROWS FUCK YOU MITSUBISHI IF I WANT TO CHEESE THEM LET ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

find an int based ash of war and put it on the regular rapier, its better than rogiers.

>not giving all your books to based Brother Corhyn
>not helping him reach full enlightenment
>not helping him be more useful to his master

The dude steadily throws away his innocence in search of more power, but only because you've given him the means to. It's almost like an allegory to growing up from being a child to understanding the world as an adult.

Attached: Elden-Ring-Brother-Corhyn-and-Goldmask-Questline-and-Locations.jpg (1280x720, 158.07K)

all 3 hits from mohg's nihil attack can be tanked with the bubbletear for some reason, you don't need to heal through it