Gaming in public

Anyone else do this? I stopped giving a fuck and play my Nintendo Switch (and soon the Steam Deck) at the mall and other places. I've seen many girls mire my confidence, even large groups smiling and giggling to one another.

Attached: 1645272617178.jpg (600x622, 53.16K)

I game in my head

Why do you go to the mall? Are you a teen? I only leave the house to take my children places, to go grocery shopping or to exercise.

It's nice to care less about this as an adult. I'm a grown man and I'm gonna fucking use my stuff wherever I want to.

Actually I always try to whip my Switch out as often as possible so someone will ask me to play. I saw a guy on the train with a modded switch and started a convo with him while taking out mine as well. We wanted to play Smash but unfortunately he left his cartridges at home. This is why I'm all-digital master race.

It might be a cultural thing, but no one here gives a fuck. As long as you're not bothering anyone you can do whatever you want.

I'm 38, I live with my mom but she's a total bitch so I leave the house just to get a break now and again

If I'm out in public it's for a reason, and I don't have time to game.

I play my switch at the doctor's office and nobody cares. Never understood why everyone on here thinks you're a man baby for doing this.

no one cares unless you're blasting it through your device's speakers
you can go fuck yourself if you do that you're no worse than those retards with bluetooth speakers

True. I always mute the volume when I play

If i did game in a shopping centre someone would immidiately steal that electronic or wait until i leave and steal it then.

I never leave my house

>be out at a quiet, small town cafe with an old friend
>we both had our Switches by coincidence
>start up some Pokken for ol' time's sake
>60 year old waitress makes several derisive remarks about our "children's toys"
>i think nothing of it
>my friend becomes filled with autistic rage and rambling/ranting about how meaningless her life is
Like, dude, sometimes it's ok to just not give a fuck.
Heck he wasn't even entirely wrong to think less of her for being stuck in that career at that age and for that to be her lot in life, but to ONLY chastise her behind her back because she hurt your feelings?
Gay af bro.
>tl;dr
It's ok to have fun playing video games in public, just be sensible/moderate. I'd never do it on busy public transport or around work colleagues.
I probably wouldn't do it by myself either, I think the implication of going somewhere public explicitly to play video games by yourself says something about you.

>gaming in public

Attached: 1637167602888.jpg (530x836, 103.43K)

(You)

>Being butthurt over people using handhelds as they are supposed to be used

>I think the implication of going somewhere public explicitly to play video games by yourself says something about you.

To who? Also think about the hundreds of girls who go to coffee shops and parks just to read a book in the sun or something. Why is it suddenly not acceptable just because it's a video game? Get out of the Matrix man.

also screw that lady. I got the same comment from a lady too when I was buying a DS game. I clearly explained to her that video games don't have an age limit. Enjoy your early onset dementia.

>I've seen many girls mire my confidence, even large groups smiling and giggling to one another.
jesus no one can beat nintendies mental gymnastics

Attached: nintendies mindset.png (1351x638, 532.79K)

Cope harder. One even told me I'd get on well with her son.

>Cope harder.
You Autistic Fucks are the ones coping thinking a trillion things to justify the stares and laughing

Attached: epic filename kys.jpg (1500x884, 140.56K)

idort here
own tens of consoles
picrel is my Playstation collection alone
the only thing I play in public is chess (lichess) and tetris on my phone, that's it

Attached: IMG_20220303_163546415_HDR.jpg (1285x961, 208.24K)

>le basedface poster bitching about playing video games
thanks for reminding me that Any Forums doesnt play games anymore

Attached: 76890876898ytuy.png (118x158, 17.86K)

I can almost smell the onions from this post

I don't think the smiling and giggling is admiration, but probably mockery.

That said, it's good when you don't give a fuck about what the others think, just do what you want (as long as it's not evil)

/qa/