Still the best open world game in existence

>still the best open world game in existence
Will anything ever top it?

Attached: 47856778495.jpg (1200x630, 237.82K)

the last good game nintendo made was pokemon emerald.

how long do people finish this game
im still at 2 divine beast and already 50 hours...

>Will anything ever top it?

BotW2 could be technically better. But I doubt it will have the same impact or wow factor.

You can finish it any time you want

I loved BOTW but I think I enjoyed PLA even more.
It probably has to do with Pokemon games being boring and predictable for over a decade now.

Attached: Ryujinx 2022-03-01 08-21-35.jpg (3840x2160, 2.55M)

Needs actual level design because running around gets stale so fast.

Elden Ring blew it the fuck out. It does recycled content better. It does scale and exploration better. It does crafting and progression better. It does sequence breaking better. It has actual dungeons instead of gimmicky, plain garbage with uninteresting bosses and puzzles.

BotW was good for its time, five years ago it felt amazing to go anywhere in the game without limits. But there wasn't much to actually do in the game. In Elden Ring people's playthroughs and builds have evolved in entirely different ways. BotW only has Korok seeds and fragile weapon pickups. Elden Ring didn't sacrifice what makes Souls great to go open world. BotW sold its soul to ubishit.

BotW 2 will abolish it

I'm enjoying Elden Ring. I feel like it's the first post-BotW game that took any of the right lessons of open world design from it.

bro i hate to tell you but it's been dethroned for almost two weeks now
sorry dude i know you nintendo fans get real upset about this sort of thing

Based emulation enjoyer
I'm still saving this up for later

The only thing it does better than Elden Ring is the physics system, and even then it isn't used to its full potential.
If BotW2 is just a BotW rehash but with more stuff I think it's gonna get a lukewarm reception (by Zelda standards, so it will still get 8/10s at least).

ER doesn't do exploration better and neither crafting, I don't know what are you talking when you say "progression" you can't just say progression like that.
The open world in elden ring is shit since you can't interact with it.
I thought BoTW headed the open world in the right direction and I finally thought we will be able to witness the first enjoyable open world, seems like elden ring went back to ubisoft tier shit open world, it's pretty, but nothing more.
Before you call me a nintendofag, BoTW and ER are both worse than it's predecessors because of the open world shit, they should go back to semi.

I love how Fromsoft has eternally mindbroken the tendies on Any Forums

>that one tendie schizo who spent months samefagging his threads for hours at a time
>2021 Ultimate Game of all time award goes to Dark Souls
>2022 Elden Ring releases and is already being called the GOAT
Literally. Mindbroken.

Attached: Dark Souls best game of all time.webm (896x504, 1.69M)

>The open world in elden ring is shit since you can't interact with it.
But user, the best open world games never had your "CUHRAAAAZY" just cause 2 tier interaction either. There's a reason everyone looks to Morrowind/Gothic etc when they talk about open worlds and not MGSV/Just Cause 2.

Open world =/= Sandbox

Attached: images.jpg (237x212, 4.3K)

I think it makes a bit better use of vistas and long distance planning better. The simpler art style makes areas of interest more noticeable, while in ER there's a lot more chaff blocking views, forests, mists, etc, so all you can really shoot for sometimes is an erdtree or a church on a hill.

BotW sandbox is pretty much unrivaled but as others have said exploration and general design is vastly superior in Elden Ring.
And while it’s loaded with other problems I’d also put RDR2 as being relatively close to those two as well just for how “alive” it feels.

>Open world =/= Sandbox
BoTW is not a sandbox though? Nobody talked about sandboxes?

t. played and pirated both Elden Ring and BoTW on PC.

Elden Ring is so much better it's honestly funny.

Attached: 253532235233523352532335.png (1570x582, 192.24K)

It literally is.
>dogshit content
>only reedming element is the interactability of its gameplay systems within the open world.

That's literally a sandbox, which is what Just Cause 2 did significantly better over a decade ago on the xbox 360.

That's not what a sandbox is

>boring walking simulator
lol
lmao, even

It absolutely does exploration better. BotW has two major problems with its exploration. This first is that you pretty much always know what you’re going to find. Everything in the game is either a shrine that will put you 1/4th of the way closer to a new heart or stamina piece (and maybe some weapons that’ll break in 10 swings) or a korok seed. There’s very little mystery to be had by discovery because you already know what you’re gonna get. The second issue is traversal. As interesting as the sandbox is, your traversal of it always boils down to two abilities: climbing and gliding. This means that you can usually just beeline a direct path to wherever you’re trying to go, rather than try to find proper routes through the world.
Elden Ring solves both of these problems.

I beat every elden ring boss solo (with mimic) and there is no world in which er has better exploration. Elden ring world is beautiful and huge. Its something truly outstanding, however it doesn't use it in any significant way. You have invisible death wall, poor pre made pathing, over abundance of teleportation and poor verticality usage.

Botw overworld traversal is a constant usage of the environnement to see further and find your path forward. A hill becomes a reward by itself for allowing you to see the land ahead. Climbing every surface and being constantly encouraged to thread your own path with no restrictions is special.

Er is 9/10, botw is 10/10

post copy of game with timestamp.

1. You forgot the part when ER has a sterile world and the only fun part of the game is when you find an area with an actual level design.
If you call exploration to running around with a horse for hours until you find some fort or cave good for you, but it's not the case for me.
2. The only "ability" you have in ER is double jumping with the horse. At least in BoTW you can glide, climb, swim...

Didnt hav3 pen and paper but had some cards to put the time.

Attached: IMG_20220308_074545~2.jpg (4608x3456, 3.95M)

>BotW sold its soul to ubishit.

Ubisoft now make their games like BotW.

FromSoft now make their games like BotW.

And finding the same copypasted bokoblin camps and shrines in-between empty space is better? At least the mini-dungeons in ER (by far 5e most recycled content) have usually still had some interesting curveballs and give unique rewards. And only having the double jump is an advantage, not a detriment. Having more limited movement options forces the player to actually explore the world and figure out how to traverse through it rather than just climb and glide straight through to their destination.