Is it good?

Is it good?

Attached: 5145GWF6YRL.jpg (406x500, 52.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NbocNM0Legk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure it is. Although the unofficial patch is mandatory, the thing is still a bit janky.

Inb4
youtube.com/watch?v=NbocNM0Legk

Its worldbuilding, player freedom and atmosphere were groundbreaking 20 years ago. Things like NPC's following their own schedule and just doing their own thing weren't really genre standard yet (it was 5 years before Oblivion).
If you're a zoomer you'll most likely get filtered by the control scheme.

It's fucking amazing.

Gothic is extremely janky but a a gem
Gothic 2 is a master piece
Gothic 3 was too ambitious
Never played Risen
Elex 1 is okayish
Elex 2 is a mixed bag, something between Gothic 2 and 3

i mean it's good, but i would call 2 NOTR amazing, not 1.

Attached: mfw gothic thread.jpg (800x450, 157.87K)

>If you're a zoomer you'll most likely get filtered by the control scheme.
No the controls are very easy to learn. Anyone can get used to it in 15 minutes after learning ctrl is used for every action

play Risen, it's good but personally i only liked the first one

Attached: gothic boys.jpg (555x555, 154.1K)

Gothic is rightful Polish clay.

I like Arcadia: Gothic 4 and I'm tired of pretending I don't.

Attached: oh-god-im-retarded-copy.jpg (300x300, 25.85K)

It was made by a different studio which sours some fans already.

>kaum gestohlen
>schon in Polen

I like the pacing in the first one more.

no, it's a shitty veddit meme

First two chapters are, then rest of the game is one giant fetch quest. Still worth it though, it's not like the game is hard or anything.

Gothic 1 is too easy
NOTR is too hard unless you minmax
OG Gothic 2 was the sweet spot

OG 2 was literally easier than 1 with alchemy and perma stats, you didn't even had to minmax to be broken in that game. Archolos is the sweet spot.

>OG 2 was literally easier than 1 with alchemy and perma stats,
No way, armor system worked differently so you could still get damaged in the heavy shit, especially against packs of orcs and lizards.
>Archolos
Miss me with that Polack fanfic.

OG 2 was easy as fuck man, NOTR is just right, probably a bit too hard for new players but after playing OG2 many times NOTR was a blessing

I wish all RPGs had a one-hand control scheme.

Yeah it is. Thanks for reminding me, now I have to reinstall

I can't prove it but i think i finished Gothic 2 at least 50 times. It was in a time when i didn't have internet, and i got the game on some random CDs from a guy, it was the only game i played for at least an year. At a certain point i knew every line by heart yet surprisingly even in my later playthroughs i found new stuff like a random herb or something i hadn't found before. I kept trying to gain as much XP as possible without killing or beating any NPC so i was trying to do everything possible in the game without cheating. It was fun

Attached: drive pepe.png (689x769, 254.65K)

>getting hit
>in OG 2
Ranged and magic aside. In chapter 4 your character was already so busted you could easily two-shot orcs with one handed sword.