What the fuck were they thinking?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: AssaultrifleFO4.png (2500x980, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_gun
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its from a video game. Why does it have to function exactly like a real gun to you?

It looks hideous.

To you

It grounds the universe, keeping it believable when you do bend the rules of reality in other areas, and provides context and background for the player the way someone might stand on a rock amidst an ocean.

It's fine for a videogame to throw reality out the window and embrace absurdity if the game is designed with that in mind.

But it's clear that this isn't a design decision made by someone in charge for the sake of an absurdist setting. Rather it's simple incompetence by a lazy artist and a lazy design lead. "It's gun shaped and I don't care about this product any further than that".

Luckily for Bethesda, they have a lot of customers who are very happy with lazy shortcuts and careless attitudes.

Don’t care didn’t ask plus I just wanna kill enemies with retarded looking weapons to they can feel more humiliated

Disagree. I like the world-war-punk aesthetic. Looks great with a drum-mag

why does a gun that isn't water cooled have a water cooling system?

not a gunfaggot but it looks fine to me. it's got a chamber, a trigger and a feeding system. What do people not like about it?

>What do people not like about it?
this was the assault rifle in fo3

Attached: G3ASSAULTRIFLE.png (2950x800, 1005.28K)

The perforator was better.

It just looks like a Lewis Gun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_gun

Attached: 1623446606754.jpg (1024x601, 216.97K)

the most normalish looking gun (AK or "homemade rifle") is locked behind fucking DLC of all shit. why upgrade the gunplay and downgrade gun aesthetics. I don't give a fuck they intended it to be used in power armor.
Still looks fucking dumb, and they could easily have asked 10 different mod creators to try their best for concepts/placeholder guns and just cherrypick what works. I just don't get it, do all the teams in a v ideo game not even know each other anymore? Just get your slice of the work done so it can be stapled together at the end?

It was SPECIFICALLY designed in its development to be a heavy machine gun used by power armor units. That's why it's so fucking big. The devs realized they didn't have a generic rifle for players so it got bumped down to being a rifle rather than a machine gun. Like most devs, they didn't really know how guns work. So they tried to make it look retro-futuristic (which is why it has a water cooled barrel) but didn't actually know what a water-cooled barrel meant. It just looked neat.

WRONG
It's from fallout
Fallout had real and fictional guns from day 1
All of them were soundly designed though

It looks good when paired with a suit of power armor and it has really good recoil control.

Attached: Threezero-Fallout-4-T-60-Power-Armor-01-1.jpg (800x1133, 92.42K)

It's big fat and it looks unwieldy. Nobody wants to use cartoonish fantasy shit in a post apocalyptic game, they want guns that look like the ones you'd be using IRL. Thank god for weapon mods where you can download packs of AK variants, AR15's, M14's, M1A's, etc.

Attached: 1646114009404.jpg (244x206, 11.4K)

You're right. All the cartoonish fantasy shit like power armor is universally hated.

>Nobody wants to use cartoonish fantasy shit in a post apocalyptic game
lol says who? Zero reason post-apoc has to be realistic, which Fallout has never much been anyway

Why would something so big and bulky fire 5.56? Or is this alt universe 5.56?

the brought back the ak style rifle in nuka world

They werent