Wireless controller input lag

So this is a topic that is rarely discussed (at least from my point of view), but it breaks 99% of games for me.

I have a Switch Pro Controller and found that most games *on the Switch itself* have significant input lag. This includes games that really shouldn't have any lag, like Hollow Knight, Donkey Kong, Dark Souls and Celeste. Some first-party games didn't have noticeable input lag, but they are few.

Thing is, when I use my Pro Controller on PC with a bluetooth dongle, the input lag is there too. Then I bought a generic wireless xbox 360 and found it had the same input lag.

My problem only resolved when I realized that I could have plugged my Pro Controller on USB all along. Now I have zero input lag and can enjoy a lot of old games that I avoided because of controller problems. And once again it baffles me that no one ever talks about this, or that the industry has no solution to this problem.

What are your experiences with input lag, anons?

Attached: 1620914417497.png (395x395, 86.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ezcqu4f1JAI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The funny thing is the Switch has more input lag with wired controllers than wireless ones. That's because the Switch uses the USB-C port as both HDMI output and a USB hub. On PC you don't have this problem with USB. That said bluetooth on PC will always have more delay than wired inputs. The delay is also based on how good your dongle is.

Minimal

~5ms latency through bluetooth between my PS5 controller and Linux desktop. No noticeable input lag on window manager with no compositor/vsync on a 144Hz 1ms Zowie monitor

My 8bitdo SN30 controller has like 30ms

Switch Pro controller has similar ~5-10ms as PS5 controller

Attached: 2022-03-07-174155_844x684_scrot.png (543x272, 26.22K)

Switch is a inherently laggy console
youtube.com/watch?v=ezcqu4f1JAI

Thats what happens when the manufacturer cares more about dumb gimmicks than making afunctional console.

Wireless has less lag than a wire, oxygen is less resistant than copper.

Holy fuck so I am not going crazy and the Switch really is laggy.
So how does everyone tolerate this without talking about it at every chance? This shit makes platforming games unplayable

cant figure out how to connect this to my pc through USB, it only works with bluetooth

What do you mean? It's plug and play. But you need either Steam open or BetterJoy to make the controller usable.

Wireless input lag hasn't been a problem since like NES wireless controllers, play better

ah ive been trying to connect it without steam cause it makes emulator games a pain in the ass to configure

But I don't get why it'd work with bluetooth for you, these two are the same for me.
Anyway, download BetterJoy, it turns your Pro Controller into a 360 controller that is universally recognizable

And you can make a perpetual motion machine out of placing magnets on a windmill.

Switch has three inputs: Joycon rails, bluetooth, and USB-C connector. Joycon rails have the least amount of input lag. A Hori Split Pad Pro makes Paper Mario tolerable in handheld mode. Input lag is the worst with a wired Pro Controller for me. I even have wired connection turned on.

Well it is a shame that they just went and made a console with an average of 70ms latency at all games. And I swear it is particularly worse in the games it shouldn't be, Hollow Knight in particular always felt >100ms latency.
But I started caring as soon as I learned I could plug the Pro Controller to my PC which somehow took me 4 years to figure, now I play everything there

Attached: 1640591537472.gif (400x400, 1.64M)

>there are 0 good hardwired xinput controllers anymore

Attached: Zwce9.jpg (2808x1968, 777.03K)

Do you have a wireless router near your PC/switch? Could be conflicting broadband signals.

My router sits right on top of my PC

Attached: 1626300520611.jpg (796x1192, 326.01K)

It's possible the next generation Switch is going to be worse with input lag via wired. Especially if it still uses the lone USB-C port because it could use DLSS for 4K upscaling. Next gen Switch needs a seperate HDMI slot for the dock so USB can be seperate from HDMI.

Brainlet lmao

Wireless has greater signal loss, but less lag. Copper is more resistant than empty space with oxygen in it user. Take a high school physics class omfg you should be embarrassed

A simple google search shows that you are wrong and wired is far better than wireless for input lag. Some very high end wireless mouses can fight toe to toe with wired (within the margin of error) but they cost several hundreds of dollars

Attached: 1617456561781.png (640x360, 266.52K)

Good thing the Switch isn't up to snuff with competitors' hardware. Imagine the additional assrage if Elden Ring was also on Switch due to its disgusting levels of inherent input delay.

Just make cables full of air then so we have fastest speeds and minimal signal loss. :^)