Yakuza

Should I get 0, Judgment or Like a Dragon?
Haven't played any in the series before.

Attached: Judgment_review__0011_Layer_1.jpg (1400x1050, 164.36K)

It’s the best in the series, and the best entry point/place to stop if you don’t like the games.
Judgment and 7 have decent stories, but the former is too bogged down with half-baked detective elements and tailing missions, while the farmer is a very poorly balanced barebones half baked turn-based RPG.

If you care about modern graphics, get Judgment or Like a Dragon. If you don't mind graphics, get Yakuza 0, it's one of the best games of its kind.

everything just play everything

Shenmue 3.

Either start with 0 and go Kiwami 1 --> K2 --> Remastered Collection --> 6 --> 7 or start with 1 on the PS2 and go in release order. Both are how you should experience the series and both have their positives and negatives.

Like a Dragon is Yakuza 7. It's a soft reboot but the latter third of the game is entirely about being a sequel and a lot of what happens there will either not matter to you or sort of fly over your head.
Judgment is a spinoff in the same series but it has different characters and is structured differently. Lost Judgment is a direct sequel to 7 and spoils 7.

Start with 0 and go all they way to 7 is the standard recommended play order. Kiwami 1-2 first then 0 if you want the true prequel experience. You can just play 7 if you're into the turn-based combat / you're a JRPG fan that's interested in the Yakuza style.

You can play judgement and lost judgement whenever you want but playing it before 3,4,5 will make 3,4,5 feel like a massive downgrade.

Funny thing is that despite almost every game in the series being built on top of earlier game, these 3 games are actually pretty different from each other.
But if you want the definitive Yakuza experience, it's Y0. Just don't forget that you have to manually save the game near phone booths or in between chapters.

Every game only requires two playthroughs for the Platinum, right?

Start with 0 but play all of them. 7 was fanfuckingtastic at the end.

Currently playing Yakuza 7 and really enjoying it (more than 6), but is blocking system teriable or I just shit in it?

0, but don't sweat, have fun brother

You really only need to block on certain characters and on certain boss fights. For every other fight you're better off tanking the hit and spamming party heal.

0 is the best entry in the whole series.

From there you can go really anywhere, but it's downhill. I like judgement and like a dragon about equally, though like a dragon embraces more the wacky side of the yakuza series and judgement is basically yakuza with a different protag. Kiwami is alright, Kiwami 2 is bad like Yaluza 2 was bad, but not awful

>like Yaluza 2 was bad,
Faggot nigger.

Welp, not OP but have already beat 0, have Judgment and LaD. I dunno if I could stomach the six Yakuza games for Song of Life, plus I only have a PS5 and that game is locked at 30fps, no?

1 HD requires two (Normal and Hard).
2 HD requires two (Normal and Hard).
3 requires two (Hard and Ex-Hard/Legend).
4 requires two (Hard and Ex-Hard/Legend).
Dead Souls requires three (Hard, Ex-Hard, Dead Souls).
5 requires two (Normal and Ex-Hard/Legend). Do not play 5 on Hard or you'll need to do a third playthrough since the Normal trophy does not unlock on Hard.
Ishin requires two (Hard and the hardest).
0 requires two (Hard and Legend).
K1 requires two (Hard and Legend).
6 requires one as long as you have a save before the final boss since you can reload that save and just switch to Legend and beat the final boss.
K2 requires two (Hard and Legend).
FotNS requires two (Hard and Ex-Hard).
Judgment requires two (Hard and Legend).
7 requires one in the west, two in Japan (Normal then a Legend playthrough where you don't change the difficulty until you beat either the final boss or TFMT, I can't remember which).
LJ requires two (Hard and Legend).

Anything I've got listed as Hard can be done on any difficulty from what I recall, I just did it because it's shorter. Any of the starting three difficulties should unlock Ex-Hard/Legend. I can't remember if you need to beat Dead Souls on Hard or not to unlock Dead Souls and Ex-Hard, I think you did.

Unless you have a SeX or PC, yes, it's 30 FPS, same with K2. Judgment is 60 on the PS5-specific version but has a different lighting system and some changed content in addition to the 60 FPS mode apparently being muddier. Keep in mind the series has only started becoming 60 FPS fairly recently since the 60 was mainly due to ports, and even in ports like the Remastered Collection the 60 breaks stuff.

6 should probably be played after atleast Kiwami 1 and 2 because it's supposed to be the finale of Kiryu's arc. If you don't think you could play all 6 then honestly I think just playing Kiwami 1 and 2 after 0 is already pretty satisfying. You can decide if you want to stop playing, continue to 3,4,5, or jump ahead from 7 there.

Yes skipping to 7 means some of the cameos and easter eggs are going to lose a bit of impact, and in particular, some moments towards end game won't feel as hype. But the story itself is self-contained, and it preps you for a new character arc.

Judgment, its the only decently written one that doesnt devolve into cringe for the most part, and the combat gives you a lot of options while being challenging, Lost Judgment would later ignore this and transforn Yagami into a Jedi Shaolin Monk.
Best final boss theme also.

Is Judgement ever going to come to proper PCs or is it stuck in Stadia hell?

The reason it’s on stadia is because they created a PC port that couldn’t get released on steam due to the talent agency.

I see...
Well I'll put off 7 for now, dive into Judgment sometime and see how I feel.
It doesn't help that 0 being the best entry point kinda ruins subsequent stories or so I have heard. Like, for more than half the game, I pushed through because of Majima and his story, which are the highlight of the game for me. Meanwhile Kiryu's story only interested me as it began to wrap up. And I didn't finish 0 having a very deep appreciation for him as most Yakuzafags do. I get that his character gets to shine more on other games, but yeah, Majima really stole the show in 0.