Why don't we get kino like this anymore?

Why don't we get kino like this anymore?

Attached: E_Y_E_Divine_Cybermancy-900x1227.jpg (900x1227, 223.99K)

its too based for plebs

You cant force it, it has to be genuine

Attached: 1625457626718.png (489x416, 11.51K)

Shimejiposter is right.
E.Y.E. was the perfect storm for a cult classic game.
You can't make a game like that on purpose

Dark Souls is the same shit but a Japanese console action-RPG.
Any Forums don't like Western action games, period.

This. Game is a perfect example of a "lightning in a bottle" situation.

server w h e n

They gave Streum On the 40k license

Theres no coming back from it
Including developers

what maps you want?

Where do E.Y.E.bros live nowadays.
Any presence on /vm/ or eternal lurkers as always?

Attached: 1439931009027.png (520x479, 238.32K)

We live inside your head, brother.

Because the same people who ruined Hollywood saw the gaming industry as a gold mine and decided to ruin this space too

Because games like this weren't engineered to be cult classics. It's always unintended and barely talked about until years later

This weird thread again...

I still don't understand how they managed to make such a great game and then make nothing worth mentioning afterwards. The game is truly a masterpiece even though it was eurojank.

you are being incredibly harsh, while the gameplay of their other projects are kinda shit you can't deny the levels are simply breathtaking and makes you feel you are there

i didn't play it extensively, desu the opposite, but at a first glance resembled a horde mode game, am i wrong? i think i went not much farther than the first "cabinet" where you chose weapons and armor. i played for the most part pvp\online
inb4 multiplayertard

Hired Gun was goty 2021, although 2021 was probably the absolute worst year for videogames since 2014.

Cruelty Squad is kind of similar as an fps that's really out there and esoteric. Eye is cool but its level design is genuinely awful.

kill yourself

Personally I think the problem was the developers not having enough self-confidence and trying too much to copy more conventional games that they figured were the "right way" to do it. IE copying one of the new doom games' healing method, adding a grappling hook, that sort of thing. Not realizing they'd already basically perfected the formula in EYE and should have just basically remade EYE with better graphics and 40k window dressing, but kept the gameplay the same.

Hired Gun feels like it COULD have reached EYE's glory if they just kept the gameplay the same as EYE and maybe made the levels more nonlinear plus had NPCs kicking around that you could talk to. Instead of EYE's often more leisurely pace you're just frantically grappling / dodging around meleeing enemies as fast as possible to avoid instant death. In EYE it was a viable tactic to play cautiously and carefully. Not so in Hired Gun, and the result was no time to enjoy the maps.

Came here to say this. You can do all you want to make something likable. In the end it's the consoomer who chooses and you never know who is going to do what for why.

this is such an underrated, unappreciated post.

Attached: uncle.png (557x478, 142.92K)