How the fuck did they manage to craft an open world so good at their first try ever?

How the fuck did they manage to craft an open world so good at their first try ever?
Meanwhile other companies that have 20+ years of experience in the subject cam barely design a decent world

Attached: elden-ring-full-world-map.jpg (1920x1851, 516.1K)

Draw a red circle in the place with the future DLC area.

It's not that good.
Pretty but shallow and the games mechanics aren't made for exploring it. It's not as good as BotW or Death Stranding.

man I liked Death Stranding but those two games are fucking empty, and everything that isn't empty has the worst case of copy-paste syndrome ever

Holy fuck is it really that big? I only just beat Margit and got halfway through the castle after 20 hours.

What about bloodborne with 99 insight aka Caelid? Should I go there closer to the end? I got my ass kicked by the optional bosses there.

Attached: 20220226125144_1.jpg (1920x1080, 314.73K)

Free pvp updates first user. A few places are still locked off.

not like that isn't the exact case here. at least death stranding gave me a new experience in games.

I would have liked to see some kind of large subterranean underworld that blended in seamlessly with the overworld.

Attached: 1ED94206-0855-4A72-B859-46C80DD6E477.jpg (2446x2417, 583.13K)

It’s your choice. The area is a hard and brutal place. But maybe because it’s a somewhat difficult area you may reap even greater rewards.

Attached: 5F12A795-7A13-44D0-83A3-EEA9AF807ED2.jpg (739x415, 27.71K)

But it has that user?

I thought it was just Limgrave and Caelid and was like yeah this is pretty big. Then I got teleported the the top of the map and it blew my the fuck out.

we really went back so indescribably far with this game. it's such a tremendous step back. and people like OP praising the open world which was so, so much easier and less skillful to make than something like that.

>I just got to the mountain a moment ago before calling for the night
>I am level 115
>65 hours played
>I hadn't seen the mountain area map yet
>it's that big
holy fuck, I still have another week of playing to go at this rate. I'm not complaining; unlike every other open world game I am not sick of this one and rushing to the end

> Open world
> Cleary a linear progression map
> Filled with copied and pasted content even though it’s so linear

maybe you play too many open world games?

Because this is the exact same game as the other 4 souls games before it so they had plenty of time to design the world since they had everything else already done.

yeah, I've played like 5, which is 4 too many

Anything for a DEXbro though?

Fucking retard

Why the FUCK do INT cucks get so much cool shit?

I haven’t beaten a third of the game but I’m talking home 3 level underworld not a bunch of separated tombs and ravines.
Although the random portals, teleporting chests, and caverns that lead to random islands are cool as fuck.

Attached: C1497635-D284-4CD4-B1AF-DA5C7318F20D.jpg (1152x720, 200.39K)

lol he's exactly right

you literally fight fucking vanguard AGAIN and OVER AND OVER rofl

ummm sweaty...

Attached: The Complete Speculative Map of Teyvat.jpg (8000x8000, 3.2M)

Hmm. Yes. You could say perhaps the best early dex weapon and pvp meta is hidden to the middle west inside of a cave. The boss is brutal for starters but the reward is ideal.

Attached: B022C3A9-4F02-476D-AEB0-D3E1E21AC6F1.png (200x200, 4.56K)

the game has bosses!?!! WTF
How dare they make us experience the same gameplay gimmick for like 13 years

Imagine the DLC

>speculative
>game is over 2 years old and only has a quarter of it
Oof.

>it's okay when

dlc area is hidden island east of liurnia

too obvious?

>>game is over 2 years old and only has a quarter of it

that's a good thing. when it's done it will be by far the best open world map in gaming, at this point it's by far the best open world map in gaming, however.

Do you want to know how I know you haven't done a legacy dungeon?

It will be discontinued before 12 map updates that would complete this world get released.

>"legacy dungeon"
>basically a dark/demons souls level
>except far less detailed than dark souls 3, a 6 year old game

wooow. sorry but you can't really evaluate this because you think it's great. you don't have a clear perspective

at some point in life things will stop being fun to you because they are new. after that point you can evaluate things.

The game is so fucking massive I fear that returning to any of their previous games will feel underwhelming in comparison.

>most profitable game per day of all time, by an order of magnitude

uhh, I doubt it.

Good job spoiling the map for me you fucking retard.

Attached: __illyasviel_von_einzbern_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by_shijima_sjmr02__a43064181edca19a258476d2da8decf9.jpg (700x1000, 94.77K)

>world so good
I'm convinced you people don't play games

Stormveil is the first main level in the game and it’s one of the largest and most complex levels they’ve ever done. Who are you kidding?