Which game did magic the best?

Which game did magic the best?

Attached: 1618603911520.jpg (1312x984, 115.21K)

Attached: rfrf.jpg (1200x800, 110.45K)

Dragon's Dogma

morrowind because of how easy you can abuse it and become a demi-god, like all wizards should be

Drakan 2

ELDEN
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. From spells are still clunky even with the improvements in Elden Ring.

Might and Magic

Arx Fatalis is cool, particularly since I didn't realise the first time round that you could store spells for later, I thought you had to do the runes every time. It's pretty fun frantically trying to draw the runes for fireball in the middle of a fight.
If you do play it, there's an open source engine port, Arx Libertatis that makes it run more smoothly on modern systems and fixes the janky spellcasting detection.

Dragon's dogma magic is pretty decent. I just couldn't get into the game, because at a certain point all it turns into is going into your inventory all the time and chugging herbs.

In terms of gameplay or depiction? I always liked how Noita's magic was ridiculously unstable and chaotic, and often times led to your death. Magic is more fun when it's an obscene force that people can barely control.

Attached: 1646325571800.jpg (805x479, 29.63K)

Absolute scrubber. I played my first campaign without even touching them.

Dom>HOMM

I'll second this since I doubt many other games are going to capture what it would feel like to be an actual magic user in a world of cripples who aren't.
There's probably some D&D simulator/knockoff that gets it better though.

Magicka.

No other game comes even close.

Attached: capsule_616x353[1].jpg (616x353, 95.92K)

Probably Noita.

Attached: 200.gif (221x200, 1.73M)

Just use a mage. It's really not that hard. Mage up and rest up. The only time you need healing is in the post game where shit OHKOs you, and for that you need wakestones, not healing items.
Mogged hard.

Spells take so long to cast, you are bound to get hit once in a while

No, I'm not saying to play a mage. God no. If it were co-op, sure, but it's not. Play a class and have a mage in your party. Give them a rank one heal, (don't bother levelling it up). Make their other abilities CC, like their dark tether, give them either the auto respawn staff or the slow/silence one. Unless you suck and get the shit kicked out of you all the time you shouldn't die - and that is using DLC items and special builds. You can do it without as well but I'm just trying to help you along here.

spbp

when's Forspoken again?

probably Morrowind even tho I've never played it

t. every user on Any Forums