What happened to Tetris?

What happened to Tetris?

Attached: tetris.jpg (2048x1365, 247.93K)

the series is over now that they released the perfect tetris game, "tetris effect"

Tetris Effect Connected released and it's the best official Tetris
tetr.io is also fun

cancelled for being russian

Based
I'M YOURS FOREVER

What am I missing that's so good about Effect? I was given it for Christmas, and its main mode is just... Tetris. And I foundly only a couple of the gimmicky side modes to be any kind of interesting/fun.

>the music
>the visuals (especially in VR)
>the sound effects that your actions add to the music
>Zone mechanic
>Aurora Borealis

Attached: steamed-hams-aurora-borealis.gif (498x376, 2.15M)

Get some decent headphones, fool

>>the music
>>the sound effects that your actions add to the music
I don't care for the OST.
>>the visuals (especially in VR)
They're honestly annoying, even if you turn them down to the lowest setting. I don't see what they were meant to add to the game.
>>Zone mechanic
Its an alright gimmick.
>>Aurora Borealis
Its just another random stage background that feels out of place in Tetris. Honestly between the music and backgrounds, Effect reminds me of Tetris for the Genesis. At least Effect doesn't control like ass, I'll give it that.

To each their own, I guess. Can't please everyone.

What is the best Effect stage and why is it Ritual Flame?

>and its main mode is just... Tetris

That's all you need.

Aesthetics aside (satisfying as they are), a lot of little QoL changes made it much smoother to play than the Tetris half of PPT, which also had its own weird meta problems that mostly got fixed in TE:C
A lot of versus-mode players like to switch freely between TE:C's Zone Battle and tetrio

nothing, you can play the best version of it for free on their own website

>and its main mode is just... Tetris
isn't that enough?

>visual style becomes "frozen" during Zone mode
Pure kino.

Is it weird that I think that Tetris is the greatest game ever made? Nice and simple.

>That's all you need.
>isn't that enough?
If I want just Tetris I've got DX, DS, PSP, PPT, T99, Genesis, and PPT2 lying around. Most of which have far more appealing backdrops and music. And a few of them, PSP especially, have a higher number of gimmicky side mode that I enjoy more than Effects offerings. Well I got it for free anyway so its not like I'm complaining or calling the game bad. Its just a random Tetris game I could've lived without.

I was given Effect for the PS4 and I don't pay to play online, so that whole aspect is locked out for me. I got my fill of online Tetris via 99 and tetrio in recent years anyhow.

Grand Master and onwards = the most pure gaming experience ever. Hold and 7bag make it 100% fair, as opposed to pure RNG from the olden days. Fuck getting three S or Z blocks in a row.

But that's not Tetris Grand Master 3.

>Nice and simple
games that can be casually played but also have a high skill ceiling are pure kino
t. tf2 veteran

>EOS.dll
>Best
Absolutely not.

See

>the perfect tetris game, "tetris effect"
That's a weird way of spelling Puyo Puyo Tetris

EA ruined it
Flashy shit, it still plays like the mobile version compared to the original

Mobile version has Zone?

It's available on other platforms than Epic you know

>Get close to beating my 40L PB
>Brain spazzes out and slams down the wrong blocks in the wrong places and ruins it
Every time.

Tetris company turned into faggots and stopped letting people do anything creative. Guideline is garbage for anything other than basic versus and something like Tetris Grandmaster would absolutely not work under guideline rules, which is exactly why the series died.