MEGA MAN THREAD

Mega Man bread please?
We can all talk about how Toad Man is the best design with worst fight, how power stone is underrated, and how 2 is worse than 1 by a large margin

Attached: rm04.jpg (970x730, 77.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIbxkWQvR8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=8tGbQODX7Dg
rentry.org/mmglinks#improvementshacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Power Stone
Did you mean Power Fighters?

Attached: index.jpg (294x171, 9.52K)

>power stone is underrated
All of the boss powers from 5 sucked. One of the main reasons 5 is the 'meh' entry of the franchise.

Attached: megaman12.jpg (639x560, 143.36K)

No, and I've never played them, I mean stone man's weapon. How are they and what do they play like?

If 5 had a "God mode" weapon like metal blade do you think it'd be held in higher regard? Crystal shot just needed to let you fire a second orb...

The first one is super basic, the second one is a passable boss rush. I mostly play for the remixes of the boss themes. They remade Shade Man as dance music.
youtube.com/watch?v=pIbxkWQvR8Y

>Toad Man is the best design with worst fight
Agreed. Who has the best theme and why is it Quick Man?

I like Sunstar. Shame he's trapped in Game Boy canon
youtube.com/watch?v=8tGbQODX7Dg

My nigga. It's probably my favorite theme in 2. Glad the stage I die on the most has the best theme.
Even though it's super basic I find Guts Man's 30 second loop incredibly pleasing. Short stage makes it work. Fire Man is probably my favorite of the 1 OST.

>Who has the best theme
you already posted it, but Bubble Man is a strong second best

>how power stone is underrated
Alright, I'll bite. Sell me on how Power Stone can be considered good.

Attached: 1546284210900.png (1224x1264, 344.19K)

Planning on emulating Mega Man, X, and Zero games, any patches I should put?

Attached: 1646629555513.png (440x389, 10.81K)

Most enemies in the game have very low HP such that a power stone hit is an instant kill
It also hits at odd angles
These combined can allow it to be a pseudo shield or pseudo screen clear
Yes it's outclassed by charged buster but everything is

I dug deep into my folders but couldn't find the other ancient meme filled version.

Attached: 1293899010384.jpg (512x496, 93.9K)

rentry.org/mmglinks#improvementshacks
Check out this list from /mmg/. Good collection of improvement patches.

It doesn't need a 'god mode' weapon, it needs weapons that are interesting or useful. Outside of boss weaknesses, 5's arsenal is weak af.

THEY
SAY
HE APPEARED IN A DOORWAY

I love Megaman X4, but fuck I forgot how annoying this boss fight is as Zero.

Attached: Mmx4jetstingray.jpg (1257x1038, 521.21K)

Attached: 1549932459259.png (750x650, 475.91K)

>Most enemies in the game have very low HP such that a power stone hit is an instant kill
From my experience, a lot of enemies require at least two of the rocks to hit them to kill. And the way it comes out, it's very awkward to pull off.
>can be used as a pseudo shield
A very poor shield, it doesn't do a very good job of blocking anything because of the speed it rotates.
>or pseudo screen clear
Only if you're extremely lucky and the rocks actually hit multiple enemies.

The best use I've seen for Power Stone is just getting right up to an enemy or boss's face and using it there so the rocks hit it right when they're all coming out of Mega Man's sprite. But then that just turns it into a mediocre melee weapon which isn't much better.

Attached: 1302424462935.png (1024x992, 515.23K)

Attached: rockman 7 fc roll costumes.png (298x520, 11.05K)

Attached: Roll MvC.gif (978x706, 117.04K)

>still no v7

Attached: Screenshot_Doom_20201023_143952.png (1920x1080, 208.41K)

Utterly soulless cheat patches. for shame.

Pharaohman was always my favourite Robot Master design. What they did to him in BN was a travesty, specially considering so many other designs became much slicker.

I can't deny that there aren't several enemies where power stone is useless (bats take too many hits, for one) against but I found that eventually you can make your own luck and there's many situations where it helps. But there's many where it doesn't. And it really is shit vs most bosses.
I also find it great fun against charge man, it's like a bull fight

Attached: Dm5qv8PW0AM_gcI.jpg (1000x1396, 310.17K)

Woah, that's actually a really neat collection of patches. Thanks for posting this, really appreciated it. Though I'm wondering if the retranslation patches changes Mega Man's name to Rock Man since I prefer the name Mega Man

Really hope that thread about a week ago claiming Mega Man 12 would be revealed sometime this week was true

Attached: 1638839091908.gif (600x450, 2.32M)

Attached: 1f291b3a806c478a3d74943f37e9c30e.jpg (1000x1000, 806.09K)

You have a general.

Most of those don't change the game in a drastic waste, just QoL additions like getting rid of lag or adding quick weapon switching. And hacks like MM3 Improvement are based because it actually turns MM3 into a completed game instead of a rushed one.

How come there's no h-fangame where you play as a salaryman and beat up all the cunnybait
Can even have a cossack fort

I just want to talk about Mega Man but I guess it was doomed as soon as a Rollfag started dumping for nobody.

>Makes health and ammo pickups no longer pause the screen when obtained
but why, that's a fun little thing

It's something you don't really care about until you start trying to speedrun the games. Getting a health pickup and having the screen pause for a split second can mess up your inputs and lead to a death.

2 is the greatest, and that's not just because it's the only one I played as a child0

Based

Attached: Mega Man II-01.png (600x606, 792.97K)

>Harsh GB sound intensifies

Any of you ever make your own stages in Mega Man Maker?

Attached: levelMap.png (5248x1920, 214.82K)