I'm halfway through elden ring and i can't think of a single moment when i was actually enjoying myself playing it...

I'm halfway through elden ring and i can't think of a single moment when i was actually enjoying myself playing it, it's just a tedious chore. I used to love souls games but i never even finished sekiro, have i outgrown this genre?

Attached: elden-ring-limgrave-vista.jpg (1920x1080, 196.93K)

Filtered. If you liked past souls games you have no excuse for not liking this one. It’s the same thing but better.

Hating the open world is completely justified, OP. I don't know many people who enjoy the trash demi-humans guarding golden runes and other assorted copy pasted trash mobs guarding crafting materials as worthwhile content. It's just bloated.

But did you not like the actual content of the game either? Some of the cool side dungeons? Maybe your first 2 catacombs before they started being copy pasted? Stormveil Castle?

I like the exploration/level design but the bosses are just straight up anti-fun in my opinion.

Pretty much unfortunately, the world and levels are fun to traverse, but I don't get the same satisfaction out of beating a hard boss after dozens of attempts anymore. It used to be "fuck yeah, I'm a god!" but now it's just "that was fucking miserable, I hope I never have to do that again."

>its just a tedious chore
Elden ring should be just as chill and casual as all the other souls. If you feel lost in the world then dont worry about it user, different strokes for different blokes.
>sekiro
>same genre as souls games
Sekiro is a whole different dimension of speed. Chances are the genre has outgrown you, and has changed to a point where its open world intimidates you (which was what happened to me for the first hour, you might not like it for different reasons).
Im loving Elden ring, and im hoping i can kill every boss in the game just like i did with dark souls and sekiro.
The bosses are still fun, but the boss design is extremely weak in this game. My favourite bosses so far are margit and morgott, but i was massively overleveled for morgott.

This. I love the horse and the exploration but the bosses and the super vague and confusing NPC quests are really dragging the experience down.

Sounds like you've outgrown the genre then

>I'm halfway through elden ring
how do you know that? oh never mind, you're just a discord tranny

wow your discord sure is getting desperate

The npc quests are the most accessible they've ever been.
You're not even supposed to finish any of them on a first playthrough

its a simple calculation op. you spend entire evenings playing the game, and you get very little progress, nothing changes. theres too much time spent exploring for the actual payoff and too little gameplay variety to shore up the exhaustion from combat and travel.
elden ring just doesnt have enough entertaining content to keep you invested, move on.

Attached: 1586384932434.jpg (912x1024, 67.94K)

user i...

Put VIgor to 30. You have to pay the HP Tax in Elden Ring. It is far worse than Agility in DaS2. If you don't do it, everything will one to two shot you and it is impossible to have fun. Trust me. I hated Elden Ring until I took the bullet and just brought Vigor up to 30. Then it started becoming fun when I could actually play the game.

filtered like apple juice

a lot of the bosses are horse shit or just plain tedious to the point of being unfun. i dont want to use magic or summons but ill start if the game is giving no option

Fromsoft has completely abandoned the "hard but fair" approach that made me fall in love with the original Dark Souls. Now since their notoriety of being the developer that makes "those hard games" they just keep trying to 1up their previous games as far as difficulty goes, making bosses that are miserable and sometimes unfair to fight.

Finish Sekiro. It's the best From game.

So now that Souls are mega-normie Any Forums hates them, who would've thought

The final boss's attacks are 90% AOE
What made from coom so hard over AOE attacks making this game?

Fromdrones posting "filtered" are seriously living in denial about how unfair and shitty some of these bosses are.

I've already dropped the game. The open world went from cool to a slog, there's too much asset rehashing and a lot off boss fights are just unfun bullshit.

Loved DeS, DaS, Bloodborne and Sekiro; but this ain't for me.

It's still hard but fair. Get slayed.

fpbp
no doubt in my mind OP is a low iq idiot who uses Any Forums too often and got indoctrinated by all the negativity and now cant enjoy anything without thinking about all the insults brown teenagers write on Any Forums

*takes you 8+ hours to beat a boss using a strength weapon*
nothing personell retard

its not biting a bullet. its that too much fucktards want to go full glass cannon and get upset when they get hit by a big sword

I'm level 20 and I still can't kill anything. I've tried all weopons now too

indeed

Kek I created a samurai last night to twink pvp and rekt Margit easily first try at lvl 25 unupgraded
literally get gud

Aw sweet, a zoomer thread

It's a weird mix of too easy and too hard of a game for me. I have no idea how they expected the average person to beat the story bosses without summoning help. I got Morgit and Godfrey the Grafted by myself, but Morgot was where I drew the line. I just don't want to do it. Summoned on the double Crucible Knights too.

The Genichiro fight they made just 3 years ago was textbook "hard but fair."

For reference, I'm not new to souls games. I beat them all including Bloodborne and Sekiro. Have platinum trophies for most of them.

Dark Souls was never "hard but fair"
it was always "moderately difficult and occasionally fucking bullshit"

Now it's moderately difficult but extremely and constantly fucking bullshit

filtered

I'm so sick of finding empty areas and towers because I didn't talk to an NPC while holding an obscure item at a certain time of day. Holy fuck I'm really getting pissed off about that. First I pretty much meet Blaidd for the first time at the Radahn festival so I assume I missed his quest, then I find patches ball bearing so I missed out on him entirely, now I found the three sisters area only I found a basement with still characters not moving and Rannis Tower empty at the top. Fuck you Miyazaki god damn this shit is annoying me because I'm missing content. Where the fuck do I find the gesture for Blaidd? Not only that but hes gone now after I've beaten Radahn. I'm guessing I've fucked up his quest and I wont see him again till next playthrough. Fucking stupid. I dont even have an inkling of a clue where a fucking NPC might go to.

>FOLLOW THE GUIDING LIGHT TARNISHED!
>LOL BUT NOT TOO FAST, LOOKS LIKE YOU MISS OUT ON CONTENT KEK DID U RIKE IT?

>literally get gud
I don't wanna play the game the way the game is forcing me to

should have stuck to Sekiro where it's genuinely "more difficult than you expect but fair"

Yeah I hear you on that I'm mostly meming. I was surprised though but how much easier the boss was on a second meme playthrough
The game is bullshit and does basically assume you have a friend/spirit and use magic

no, you have taste. it works both ways. when you know it is only a matter of time to beat a certain area or boss, it becomes more of a nuisance than entertainment. also modern souls games put in a lot of unfair attacks that are intended to fuck over careful players. some will call that good design, others will call that annoying, both are right.

Some of the best areas are optional, lots of players are going to miss out. These areas are some of the best in souls games too

>boss can on a whim decide to use one attack that will either kill you if you try to roll or heal the boss to full hp if you block
miquella is so fucking garbage
everything from radahn onward has just not been fun in the slightest

Feels like they took a page out of Dark Souls 2's playbook except somehow even worse in some regards.