The community reaction to Elden Ring makes me sad

I don't understand the hostility towards people who want to play Elden ring without summons/co-op or the players who want to have old PVP with the gestures and all the stuff like old souls games. I haven't seen anyone complaining about people using easymode features but I've seen 10,000 memes about people complaining about these things. I don't get it, it feels like there are people who are insecure about their ability to play the game who made up a hostile community to make memes about and idk it just makes me sad.
Like honestly from where I'm standing this is all indicative of a larger problem in the cultural landscape where people want to be pieces of shit and shame people for shaming them when nobody ever has. I don't get it and it just makes me feel so sad and alone. I wish people could just enjoy the fucking game without the constant negativity. I mean really I don't understand why people have to be so fucking hostile to the idea that people liked pvp better before it was standardized into a 3v1 gank spank.
I don't know I just these games have been such a huge part of my life and it makes me sad to see the trivial way that people react to them. I know it's cringe to care about anything but we only live once so I'm just going to be cringe.
I don't know why I'm posting this here I guess just does anybody else feel the way that I do or am I alone out here?

Attached: l-intro-1623430483.jpg (1600x900, 224.13K)

It's reactionary to the autists that get butthurt and seethe when they hear anybody say they use game features they don't approve of. You seem to be trying to flip reality and pretend that the people using the new game features are the bad guys, but really they're just doing their own thing. The only time I hear people call more hardcore players faggots is when they start moaning like bitches because somebody else used phantoms or ashes or magic etc. Trying to pretend this doesn't happen is also bullshit; people do frequently say people didn't "really beat the game" if they did x/y/z.
Anybody who tries to control how others play the game is a fag who can go fuck themselves.

It's best to just ignore Soulsfags. I love Souls games but the community is such fucking shit in all regards (granted, that's to be expected of the community that popularized gank parties).
Elden Ring is fun, obviously it is because it's just a Souls game, but I don't think it utilizes its open world very well and so far I'd probably call it the weakest Souls game. There were a lot of things that should have been addressed in DaS3 that From has mostly ignored, such as PvP's issues.

The next Souls game needs to be SP-only like Sekiro.

Fuck MPtards.

>You seem to be trying to flip reality and pretend that the people using the new game features are the bad guys
Shut the fuck up dude, jesus christ

I told someone that ashes are easy mode when he was trying to argue to another person that they weren't. No mention of how he can't play that way, just stating that they were obviously added to the game to make them more accessible. The guy flipped out and started ranting about hardcore players trying to force their playstyle on other people. Complete faggotry.

Literally nobody gives a fuck how you play your video game. If people want to talk about challenging themselves in different ways they are allowed to do so. Stop gaslighting people.

as much as i like invading and co-oping, multiplayer was always the worst part of these game because of the people it attracts and creates.

Attached: 35 years.png (1280x800, 684.04K)

That's all that I've seen though. I joined a couple of groups on Facebook which was probably a mistake but literally every meme is just oh my God can you believe that people are complaining about summons but I've never seen anyone complaining about summons. It seems to me more like people are making these memes preemptively to play to the expectation that someone will complain about it. I consider myself to be a hardcore player quote unquote and I don't care how people play I just think that you get more out of the game if you 1v1 a boss and that you should try it. There's nothing quite like the feeling of overcoming an encounter that kicked your ass. A lot of work goes into these bosses and balancing them and just I don't know I think that people should try to engage with them at least at some point and by not you're not getting the full experience.
Beyond that like it doesn't speak to your value as a person it's just a video game. It just it seems weird that people take it as an attack I guess cuz I've never ever been rude to people about how they play the game but I've seen plenty of fake indignation over the years from people pretending like suggesting that you play another way is rude. Also I'm not trying to get into an argument here I'm just sharing my perspective and behavior that I've exhibited in the past that could be misconstrued as being prescriptive I guess

Every single thing that makes the game easier without making it impossible can be called "easy mode", from attacking to rolling.
In the end you're just talking shit so don't expect what you in particular consider the game's "easy mode" to be taken seriously.

I really like the open world design and feel like the PVE is pretty well done. The PVP definitely suffered as far as I can tell I'll be interested to see what happens as the community carves out its own space for fight clubs. It's just jarring you know I've been part of the souls communities since Dark Souls 2 came out and back then everybody was just in love with these games and super excited to argue about the meta and bust each others balls not act like little bitches because someone doesn't like their build.
All the way through like bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 it was the same way. All the stuff I've seen related to Elden ring in shitposting groups has been so fucking whiny. It makes me sad man I used to love this community

>Degradation of a Fanbase.jpg

As long as you don't expect to be taken seriously by anyone who's actually played without summons and can tell the difference.

FPBP
BTFO

Attached: OP's new doujin.png (126x201, 18.8K)

for real. i miss when demon's souls was released and was more of a hidden gem until the series got a bit more popular with DS1 releasing.
DS1 and DS2 the community wasn't terrible, and finding places to farm/people to play with got way easier
then with peak popularity, it turned to shit. it's like the rick and morty fanboys of videogames.
my worst favorite part, which is kind of a catch 22, is how quickly things like wikis for the game get populated. i think less than a day after release the world map was fully populated with item locations online, whereas with DeS, it was around 10 months before I found someone who could tell me where to get the pure bladestone for upgrading my sharp katana to max level.
it was a lot more fun back when everyone was on the same boat not knowing shit about the game mechanics, but the fucking redditors have to dissect everything to the point that it's not fun talking about this series with anyone.
even in person friends, when bloodborne came out, me and my coworkers had a lot of fun talking about different mechanics, but with elden ring? those same coworkers just *know* where every secret is already, the games been out for about a week...

Of course there's a difference. It's easier.
So does shit like using a bow to hit distant enemies. It makes groups of enemies easier. You could choose not to use ranged weapons to make things harder on yourself, but calling using them "easy mode" would be retarded.

invading has been dead since DS3. It's even worse now because of 1 shot Weapon Arts everywhere.

People who seethe at other people playing a ingleplayer game however the fuck they want are literal scrubs, these same people would get absolutely ANNIHILATED in a multiplayer fighting game so their only way to cope is to call shitters anyone who plays a singleplayer game in any way that's not their way

If you really care about playing the way the proper way then jump into a multiplayer game and play against other people, otherwise just shut the fuck up and let people enjoy their singleplayer game

Based
OP must be autistic
No one cares how you play, if people are saying you’re being too much of an hardcore tryhard, it’s because you had to let them know about your “legit” playstyle
As this user said, it’s reactionary more than anything

bro no... you're not allowed to criticize elden kino... you just have to git gud...

you just have to 1 shot them first

We only live once so maybe re-evalute your life choices if people consuming an entertainment product in a certain way is really bothering you

See this is what I'm talking about like you're manufacturing a narrative right now. I haven't seen anybody complaining about how other people are playing the game but there are groups and groups of people acting like there's groups and groups of people doing just that. I've never seen anybody "mad" about how someone chooses to play the game. I mean you people make me want to be mean but I'm not going to give in you know it doesn't do anything. It actually is "just a videogame" but at the same time these developers spent years perfecting the art of the boss fight they included a bunch of mechanics for people who don't feel like engaging with that aspect of the game and I feel like if you don't go back and play the game 1v1 you're only cheating yourself out of the most fun you're going to have in a single player experience.

just ignore the soulfags, most of them are trannies who cannot enjoy anything in life.

>pvp
>3v1
Duels are probably the best implementation of genuine pvp.
If you want to invade then you just have to accept that you are BASED and deal with it.

>All the stuff I've seen related to Elden ring in shitposting groups has been so fucking whiny
Maybe don’t go on Any Forums

I feel like your post is more aptly directed to
(Fag)
>being in denial
If you've never been with the Souls community, just say so.

>expect to be taken seriously-
who gives a fuck, retard

It just makes me sad to see so much negativity and insecurity in a community that I used to love so much. I don't think it would bother me so much if the world wasn't also infected with the same bitchiness. I wish I could get away with it but these fucking pussies are everywhere and I've tried so hard to be patient and kind to everyone but Jesus fucking Christ going online to try to talk about a game I enjoy was a mistake. It's really bummed me out

>but I've never seen anyone complaining about summons
Have you been to Any Forums? Ive seen tons of complaints about summons in previous souls games.
Hell i even make sure to not do any solo bosses with summons because of those shitposts, not even im immune to propaganda (though duo bosses are incredibly fun as a 2v2).

>playing the way i like and having fun even if it means spamming shit i like
good
>playing a cheese way and then complaining about the cheese of the game
bad
>playing in a barebones way and complaining the game is unbeatable by going with literally nothing
bad
>playing in a barebones way and realizing its a self made challenge that doesn't mean the game is broken and its just because im trying really hard to prove some skills in a singleplayer medium for some reason
good

its very simple

>the weakest souls game
I feel like the expanded combat makes it the strongest souls game, but then ive never thought highly of the previous games combat.

They also included tons of cheesy shit to have fun with
I’m glad bosses are all viable solo melee 0 damage
I’m also glad tons of different builds can make the game ridiculously easy and laughable
To each their own, different playstyles have always been the dna of souls games