How does Elden Ring run so poorly?

It doesn't even have proper rain occlusion. The Witcher 3 looked twice as good and ran like butter. Meanwhile this game has rain falling through ceilings, looks dated as fuck, as well as stutters constantly while framerate tanks if you look in some arbitrary direction.

Are Japs just completely ignorant on technology? It's also capped at 60fps, no ultrawide support, no dlss.

Attached: 53.02.webm (1920x1200, 2.34M)

>The Witcher 3 looked twice as good
No it didn't. Its rain also looked fucking bad even if it was occluded properly.

The stuttering constantly, no ultrawide, or fps lock is because you didn't do anything to fix those things. Stuttering is pretty rare for me. It does run poorly though.

japs suck at coding, duh. average western programmer would be seen as a prodigy there.

>It doesn't even have proper rain occlusion.
didn't bother me when i played morrowind
doesn't bother me now

because new graphics card suck my 1070 runs it on max
imgonna get a 2k 3080 prebuilt how fucked am i

>doesn't bother me now
It wouldn't bother me if the game didn't run like dogshit. If this game can't be up to date with the latest graphical improvements, it shouldn't run so terribly. There is no reason for this game to stutter and drop frames constantly.

TW3 without mods looks worse than TW2 and Elden Ring to say the least. After every cutscene ends the "GRAPHICS: OFF" option is enabled.

It looks okay with mods though.

Attached: Full_Bright = 1 .webm (1280x720, 693.78K)

gtx960 fag here. I don't understand why Sekiro ran perfectly smooth in high + 1080p all the way, but for Elden Ring I have to go low settings & 720p and I STILL get massive framedrops in some area. its been 3 years only why the fuck?

It's just not optimized well.

i have a 1070ti ryzen 5 2600 and it runs like shit, it's tougher on CPU

>having trouble keeping 60 fps in overworld at max settings (medium grass) with a GTX 1080, ancient i7 5820k @ 4.4 GHz and 1440p
>hmm
>activate image scaling in control panel
>set to 1080p and sharpen at 10%
>the game looks the same but fixed 60 fps
Fucking nvidia nigger wizards

Same but with a gtx970. Sekiro and DS3 I was at max settings and only dropped below 60 in one or two areas, and even then only for a very short duration. Elden Ring is horrible, constant very noticable frame drops. It just ruins it, they create such a beautiful world then fuck everything up but raping my eyes for daring to look in a laggy direction. It doesn't even make sense why it lags, some of the best looking areas run great, it seems completely random.

>There is no reason for this game to stutter and drop frames constantly.
there is a reason, but it's a bad reason
the reason is it compiles shaders on the fly instead of all at once
it could compile shaders all at once, some games do this and you'll have to spend several minutes on the main menu while it does this, and every time you update the game or your drivers or if you have hdr on or off, you'll have to do it again
they thought it would be better to do it on the fly
it's alright to disagree, but to say there isn't a reason is incorrect
there's a reason that it does this, just probably what isn't a preference to most players

it would be nice if they gave the option

Nvidia's made by technologically literate white people from a western country so it's no wonder they can pull of magic. The Japanese just don't fucking get it, they're outdated on everything. They need to ask nvidia to help them constantly, like with the nintendo switch, because they can't figure out technology. Bunch of fucking boomers I swear.

>enable shader cache in gpu settings
>never turn off the computer
fixed it

>there is a reason, but it's a bad reason
You're missing my point. I know that there is technically a reason. But there is always a workaround. It's up to the developers to be competent and figure out how to optimate their games. For a $60 game, there is no valid reason why they shouldn't have been able to do that.

The game must load in textures and geometry too I think because the shader thing doesn't explain why you'll stutter in certain areas regardless. Like moving back and forth through some areas just drops frames consistently.

It also just runs badly period, some areas I drop a few frames all the time. I guess that's the GI and volumetrics though, which do make it quite a bit more demanding than DS3 or Sekiro, both of which I played at 1440p but ER is cucked at 1080p.

Attached: eldenring 2022-03-05 03-11-11.jpg (1920x1080, 400.36K)

>programming is basically abstract thinking and math
>being able to do both well is correlated to and literally linked with high intelligence
>asians and especially nips are supposed to have highest IQ on average in the world
>pigjews supposedly too
>meanwhile it has been white males (with the occassional troon) since the invention of the modern computer who are the best coders and programmers. with nips being so fucking bad at it that Japan literally made an exclusive deal with india to import tens of thousands of poo in loo "programmers" to deal with Japan's dire coding situation.
What's most hilarious is that they specifically went for poos as immigrant workforce, meanwhile thousands of white weeaboo programmers would have went there for fucking free and a 1.5 tatami room with no heating.
Plus pigjews are nowhwere to be seen in that field just like niggers.
Really makes one thing about worldwide IQ rankings.

Attached: 1506638761736.png (504x504, 46.76K)

Interesting, I’ll try this when I get home. The game runs very poorly for me in large open spaces.

>some of the best looking areas run great
I know right? Siofra looks amazing, has lots of particle effects, is fairly large and yet the framerate was super smooth here, meanwhile Stormveil and most of Caelid are nigh-unplayable on my pc.

>Stormveil and most of Caelid
That's fucking weird. Stormveil and most of Caelid ran great for the most part. It really does seem completely random.

I can deal with the area loading lag because I understand why it's happening, but I get framerate drop when there's tons of enemies on screen too. Not sure if I should attribute that to the GPU or CPU.

>game ran fine until most recent update
>now it freezes every few hours
>then yells at me for closing without hitting quit to menu

Attached: 1646605974750.jpg (452x485, 24.51K)

It's underground so not much is rendering I guess.

Could be particles, I get drops fighting dragons.

i know someone with the same problem who fixed it by updating their bios if you feel like playing computer russian roulette

You can also change sharpening on the fly using the Nvidia game filters overlay

Did this too & it fixed 90% of my fps issues. Only wish I did it sooner.

Is it possible to use ReShade or will I get banned? Apparently it's whitelisted by EAC but it also depends on the developer

Fucking patches made my game WORSE, retarded japs. Worse area I've been in has been the northern section of the lake region, Holy shit man it tanks to 30-45fps when I was getting 60 in limgrave and everywhere else before that. Maybe all the fog or some shit, lower settings do nothing. All the "hacks" do nothing. It's a DX12 issue, they should have used 11.

BUT MIYAZAKI
BUT ROLL ROLL ROLL
YOU'RE SUCH A FUCKING CASUAL

Wouldn't risk it. Fromsoft bans people randomly without telling them.