So after 75hrs I just completed the game (Ranni ending), here is my review

So after 75hrs I just completed the game (Ranni ending), here is my review
>the game starts off amazing
>first time doing catacombs, caves, and other dungeon types is great
>second time... meh
>third catacomb, third cave, then the fourth... it starts getting boring doing them. same enemies, same bosses, it's almost copy pasted
>as you get to Giants, the game begins rapidly declining in quality
>npc quests have a lot of content, but there's still the obtuse bullshit like having to talk to the Ranni doll 3 times or THE ENTIRE FUCKING SENNA QUEST WHY IS HE LITERALLY BEHIND ONE OF LIKE 2 HIDDEN WALLS IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME. IN A FUCKING CLIFF.. In past Dark Souls games the npc quests were kinda 'meh' if you miss them here you will miss a SIGNIFICANT amount of content if you don't use the wiki
>the final boss is utterly forgettable, most forgettable final boss of any souls game to date
>mimic tear absolutely BREAKS the game due to having infinite FP. It will use all your sorceries+incantations. If you have a healing spell, this will mean your mimic is almost invincible. More powerful than player summons, they are comically OP
>sword of fire and night, Redavia, and a few other weapons trivialise the entire game
>the game is utterly unbalanced, 2-3 weapons annihilate PvE, there are a handful of decent weapons, everything else is not worth using
>for spells, it's kind of the same: Comet Azur with an infinite fp flask can take out some bosses in seconds, others are all good but some feel same-ish
>haven't played PvP enough to comment on the balance, but I doubt it's any better
>crafting is useless
>mediocre soundtrack

overall, 7.5/10. If you dropped it after Giants, I don't blame you. The 'open world' aspect feels like a gimmick. Wasn't Sekiro 'open world', hell wasn't Dark Souls 1? It's definitely not a 10/10, definitely not the best souls game (that's Bloodborne, objectively speaking), but a solid entry.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-03-06_21-26-42.png (1920x1080, 2.02M)

6/10

Why would anyone ever go into Journey 2

>the final boss is utterly forgettable, most forgettable final boss of any souls game to date
Radagon and Elden Beast are far more memorable than Soul of Cinder, someone mostly notable for OMG IS THAT GWYN THEME PLAYING?

Radagon looks cool but his moveset is literally standard Elden Ring humanoid fare with tons of AoEs and delayed combos. He even has that retarded movetype that is so prevalent among Elden Ring bosses where he sticks something into the ground and it explodes after a 1-2 second delay, which in this case is his lightning bolt.
He becomes less cool when you have to refight him every single time you die to the Elden Beast. I still think it's fucking retarded that a first enemy in a multi-phase encounter that GETS ABSORBED IN A FUCKING CUTSCENE still magically revives whenever you retry a boss (like with Genichiro when he gets ripped apart by Sword Saint Isshin coming out of his body still reviving if you die to Sword Saint).
The Elden Beast also looks visually interesting, and with a great arena, but then you spend at least 60-70% of the fight having his damn belly covering most of your screen because From Software is too stubborn to use higher FOV to make a fight intended to be epic actually feel epic instead of being a camera-destroying experience. The mechanics of the fight itself is unfortunately just standard giant enemy fare, with standard sword slams and slashes of medium speed and AoEs, including super obnoxiously long AoEs (the one where he flies up into the air and makes the big ring). By this point in the game, nothing the Elden Beast did was unique mechanically. He was basically a stronger version of the Dragonkin Soldiers you found throughout the game.

So yeah, an 8-9/10 in terms of visual presentation, but a 4-5/10 in terms of mechanics and the fight itself. I was already long done with Elden Ring mentally at this point.

to elaborate further
>boss quality varies a lot, some are bullshit, some are straight up trash and some are good
>there's an abundance of rollbaiting in this game, like every fucking boss rollbaits. why???
>every boss has massive range, massive AoE, and like 3 different lunge attacks
>every boss was designed to fight against both melee users, soulsborne veterans, ranged builds and summons. this means 100% perfect hit tracking, boss can jump anywhere at any time and start their 10 hit combo before you can even breathe, every combo ends in an AoE finisher, every combo instantly combos into another combo, every boss has a quick back swipe attack etc. Every boss 'feels' the same, like I have to engage every single boss in the exact same way- because they essentially have the same movesets (with some exceptions).
As a result there is no more strategy, no more having to consider boss details of whether you can roll into him, stay at his back etc. Either memorise the roll timings or get used to abusing spirits and broken OP'd weapons. You either fight the autistic roll timing memorisation minigame or use the skip mechanics. Nothing else matters.

Attached: reddit-image.png (800x830, 574.26K)

>he final boss is utterly forgettable, most forgettable final boss of any souls game to date
>In a series with Nashandra
>definitely not the best souls game (that's Bloodborne, objectively speaking
>In a game that has bosses as downright bad or mediocre as:
>The One Reborn
>Celestial Emissary
>Witches of Hemwick
>Rom the Vacuous Spider
>Micolash
>Living Failures
>Laurence
>Amygdala
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
>Undead Giant (Chained)
>Maneater Boar
>Loran Silverbeast
>Brainsucker
>Beast Possessed Soul
>Forgotten Madman

0/10 OP

>obtuse bullshit like having to talk to the Ranni doll 3 times
I would have tried it 20 times if she still wasn't responding.

Attached: ranni_by_akableak_df101pq-fullview.jpg (1280x1549, 317.85K)

Half of what you named are chalice bosses. They are optional content. Of the rest I won't go into details but you are wrong. Bloodborne has some of the best bosses in the series, and none of the worst.

>In a game that has bosses as downright bad or mediocre as:
>Undead Giant (Chained)
>Maneater Boar
>Loran Silverbeast
>Brainsucker
>Beast Possessed Soul
>Forgotten Madman

If you're gonna go that route of listing all the lazy Chalice Dungeon filler bosses, then it's also easy to list all of Elden Ring's filler/padding bosses.

>a million different recycled Erdtree Avatars
>a million different recycled field dragons
>a million different recycled Burial Watchdogs
>reskinned Leonine Misbegottens
>the same Tibia Mariners but with slightly different summons
>regular enemies turned into bosses like Abductor Virgins, the big bears, the pumpkin heads, Cleanrot Knights
>fighting two bosses that you had previously fought separately (Godskin Duo and the dual gargoyles)
>mixing and matching bosses like some dumb fan modder (Leonine reskin and a Crucible Knight!)
>lazy gimmick bosses like Miranda the flower, Mimic Tear and Spirit Caller Snail
>spirit versions of bosses you fight later on (spirit Loretta, spirit Godfrey)
>spirit versions of bosses you fought earlier (Godrick)

I can go on and on.

Rom the Vacuous Spider is a close third to Ancient Dragon and Bed of Chaos as the worst bosses From ever designed.

it's not great but it's not that bad. You are supposed to equip magic resist armor to get through it.

This. Elden Ring is not fun.

The problem with the open world is zero level scaling, you are going to miss shit then stumble onto it later on. This is of course fine but when you 2 shot the boss it kinda ruins the first time experience fighting it, new game + isn't good enough with elden ring's design.

Gotta say I kinda agree, the NPC sidequest design is just shit. I don't like spending the last 10 hours of a game reading through a wiki because FROM likes being cryptic assholes

and the last 3 bosses in the game weren't fun to fight

Look at it without your fanboy goggles mate.
>Three seperate waves of respawning minions
>each of said minions waits passively but has twitchy movements/jumps off screen/hugs the boss and worse, deals like 75% of your health
>Rom's overhead magic projectiles rain down from an off-screen position at an awkard angle, forcing you to run in a stilted path, potentially rousing the aggro of any minions not dealt with
>Rom's other magic attacks are erratic flails and AOE magic explosions, all of which deal massive amounts of damage as well

He's a fucking potato.
I get that you've got BB's dick so far up your ass that you're spitting out beast-cum, but there's no reason to pretend it's beyond reproach

Whole lot of bitching in this thread

All the bad Bloodborne bosses are stuck in the dungeons

because we actually beat the game user

Nioh 2 had better endgame bosses, never thought I'd be saying that but it's true

Rom is fuckin easy dude, are you one of the retards that kills to spawns?

I've summoned retards like you for the Chalice Dungeon Rom and you always die

>rom
>witches
>emissary
>one reborn
>witches

>mentioning Nioh 2
Opinion immediately discarded

wouldn't say Rom is easy but it's not bed of chaos level lol

Someone post that massive list of all the bosses that get reused.

I didn't say Rom was hard.
I will however say that it is ALWAYS extremely tedious and unenjoyable, regardless of your proficiency.
Genuinely one of the worst bosses From have ever designed.