Spend hours doing Ranni's quest line

>spend hours doing Ranni's quest line
>beat game
>expect a decent cutscene explaining what the fuck Ranni stands for
>dude moon, stars, blood, death, runes, lords, darkness lmao

What the fuck? I know From never tell much story directly but would it have killed them to add another minute to the final cutscene and explain this shit just a little bit? I spent 80 hours playing this game and I have no fucking clue what the ending implies.

Attached: elden-ring-endings-2-age-of-stars.jpg (1600x900, 231.29K)

>expect a decent cutscene explaining what the fuck Ranni stands for
What fucking game do you think you're playing exactly. Ranni tells you basically everything when shes in doll form and then theres an extra bit when you go back to her tower after completing her questline.

retard

What did you expect? A montage afterwards of the planet turning into a starless void as you travel space?

Maybe consider reading the dialogue and item descriptions?

Brainlet OP got filtered lmao.

first dark souls game?
just watch a video on youtube explaining it

moon is bad

Ranni wishes to escape the plans and destiny imposed on her by the Greater Will and the fingers, this seemingly requires killing her physical body while preserving her soul, the splitting of soul and body, and the preservation of one in the absence of the other, seems to be what she required the rune of death to do. I dont know yet if its explained why she needs the death of Godwyn to accomplish her plans, perhaps that was needed to provoke the shattering.

The Age of Stars then seems like its just removing the influence of the Greater Will from the world, and restoring the power and guidance of the stars and moon. The full implication of this is unclear but she describes it as a thousand year voyage under the wisdom of the moon, and as a chill night that encompasses all, and as fear, loneliness and doubt.

It could be very literal, in which case it has kinda bad implications, but it could also be simply flowery poetic language that implies that humanity is now on their own without the direct will and control of greater beings, having to find their own way.

You both ascend to the stars and have lots of hot space sex while letting humanity carve their own path

Attached: C4E0F8F8-9C16-4CD9-8E89-A749BA16A8C9.jpg (1225x809, 166K)

Why do Tarnished (player) respawn like Undead? Why is every human enemy like a Hollow?

dunno vaati didnt tell me yet

I think the respawning is pure gameplay, meaning you aren't suppose to die at all, hence no npc ever reacts to you dying except some bosses and nobody else respawns.

bosses react to you dying

Isn’t it grace from the erdtree? I think your fake maiden has some dialogue about it at one of the marika churches

shit thats what i get for not reading the whole thing. my b

>item descriptions
if you'd played the game you'd know how few there are
most descriptions here are trash without any loredumps

Doesn't Goldmask respawn?

>Brainlet too dumb to understand moon wife's quest
She literally spells it out for you in her chamber afterwards

Attached: FNC7eOhWQAUdh6G.jpg (1916x1982, 316.45K)

How? I've died to every boss but didn't notice any reaction

bruh you got to marry the witch and spend eternity with her. what else do you want? A sex scene after?

You should know by now that Souls games lack story.

aren't tarnished cursed to keep "rebirthing"?
I thought death doesn't exist anymore and that's what you're trying to restore

Further backed up by that blacksmith taking you for dead

…yes?

Attached: 04A296F7-46C0-485E-A62B-2F782AE7B5DB.png (2048x1687, 2.47M)

Kind of strange folks didn’t even get it after getting the finger slaying knife and putting the ring on her finger with it right behind her

Attached: 34CE02E8-13B3-48F3-9826-AB42996852E3.jpg (3840x2160, 629.5K)

>Arise now, ye Tarnished. Ye dead, who yet live.
clearly the tarnished are expected to come back at least once

What is the most evil ending? That is what I want for these faggots.

Since the coming of the erdtree and Marika becoming a vessel for the elden ring, the lands between were "cursed" with immortality. Grace gives immortality and rebirth to the people who live under the tree.

It's a shame that the story not only hides so much from you but that it's incredibly linear as well. Starting Ranni's quest before fighting Rennala makes no sense as Ranni acts as if you hadnt met her. 2nd phase should be different or skipped.

Senna's quest is also retarded as you can find her real body in witchbane ruins but she doesn't say anything to you until you advance the quest exactly how the game wants you to.

Souls' rigid quest design is a fucking terrible fit for an open world game

Fantasy stories never make sense, just use your imagination to fill in the blanks like everyone else

Frenzy ending

From the looks of how the plot and NPC stuff plays out Tarnished get to come back ONCE guided by grace and during this second life they are pretty much ageless and everlasting until their next death.

Attached: FNAsFb3XoAI7aId.jpg (1975x2048, 443.95K)

Probably pic rel

Attached: dung-eater-pic.png (300x169, 107.02K)

Characters who are grace-given do not die. As you see in the intro the great will has removed grace from the demigods after the shattering because they failed to become lords, which is why they can be killed. And the great will has given grace to tarnished so that they can do her biding by mending the elden ring.
All the champion tarnished from the intro where killed long ago (dung eater was hang, the all knowing is in a coffin, brillant goldmask took poison and died, godfrey who is houra loux is crucified and the player too.
All of them come back as ally or competitor or boss or characters pushing their own agendas and by doing so they lose their grace as well at some point because they serve other outer gods than the great will

>in the later stages of her quest
>the fucking underground rot lake
this cannot be worth it

Attached: commit vommit.jpg (828x828, 114.36K)

>Starting Ranni's quest before fighting Rennala makes no sense as Ranni acts as if you hadnt met her.
I did start her quest and cleared the underground before even going to the academy and Ranni very clearly says she met me and is glad the horse is doing well.

Just run until you get to the grace before the boss fight
You're not a vigorlet are you?

YOU WILL FUCK THE DOLL

Attached: 1918273.jpg (1920x1080, 191.09K)

You wanna fuck THIS?

Attached: 5CDAAF43-55BD-4511-9378-3E085D15F116.jpg (1024x576, 67.13K)

just run bro